PDA

View Full Version : Update on Debra ( Debbie )

Debbie C
09-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Well I decided that Debra was sounding TOO formal ! Everyone calls me Debbie, I just used Debra C when I joined. I only got called that from my parents when they were mad at me so from now on please just go with Debbie or Deb or whatever you feel like calling me that day !!!
Well here's the latest,I went Thursday to get bloodwork done and they tried twice in 1 arm and 3 times in the other and could not get a drop.They asked if I was dyhydrated but I carry water with me everywhere,so they had to put a warm compress on the back of my hand and they were finally able to get the 5 viles but it was just drops. I was supposed to go to CC this Wed but cancelled it since everything has been fine and I thought I would save the money for the motel. Well Sat. I went and got my results ..everything was pretty much normal EXCEPT my sed rate was 29 and my crp was 1.7....neither have been that high,even when I was diagnosed. So now I have to try to talk to the dr at CC but he never returned my call from last Monday when I had a question,soooooo we'll see how this goes.
On top of that my cardiologist wanted me to have a ct scan of my heart to see if I have any blockages. Well his stupid secretary sent the info to the wrong ins. co. and it was denied. I have been waiting for 3 weeks.Finally last week I was talking with my insurance co.and they said they never got the papers for it ( because I was going to appeal it ) at the same time I was talking to her ,the secretary from the drs. called my cell phone ,so I put them both on speaker,put the phones toghter and let them sort it out.They are going to look over the info when they get it then decide BUT in the meantime the secretary has me set up for a heart catherization on Tues. not with 1 dr. but 2 of them !!!! I am going to cancel the cath. and wait and see about the scan but I am worried about my #'s. I am supposed to leave for Fl. on the 18th for 2 weeks. I really don't want to up my pred and I am afraid he my try to put me on something that I couldn't tolerate before. So I am on a wait and see what happens next. Kinda scared:scared:

Pete
09-08-2014, 12:14 PM
Hey Debbie!

Don't worry too much about the numbers. Sed rate and CRP are measures of inflammation, but are not disease specific.

Are you having cardiac symptoms, or are docs seeing/hearing something with your heart? Hope all goes well and you get to enjoy Florida!

Dirty Don
09-08-2014, 12:33 PM
Debbie, you know the routine: get the check ups, wait a bit on the tests, if meds are needed...then so be it. Be patient...you'll be fine, honest!

Jaha
09-11-2014, 06:59 AM
Deb,
Sorry to hear that you are going thru some more troubles. I hope that you can get answers about your heart with the least invasive testing. If CC calls you back, perhaps they could advise you. By the way, I had an apt today (wed),at CC and cancelled it, because I didn't feel well enough to make that long trip. Best wishes to you on getting your heart checked out.

Debbie C
09-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Oh wow Jana..my appt was today also.. at 4:00, but I cancelled mine also. We could have met ! He finanlly emailed me after I sent him an email saying I was trying to get ahold of him for a week. he emailed me back and said my blookwork was fine. I told him I would appreciate a call..so when he called I found out he was looking at last months bloodwork. Also he never got my ct scan results of my lungs or my pulmy. tests results !!! I will see how things are next months bloodwork and go from there.

I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling well,maybe we can plan our next visit up there.

Jaha
09-11-2014, 10:01 PM
I glad the doc finally got back to you. It would be great to meet you, and maybe that we could make our next appts on the same day for a meet up. I need to go up there soon. pm me if you make an apt and I will you also.:thumbsup:

Geoff
09-13-2014, 05:33 AM
Hi Debbie,

Sorry to read you are going thru the mill, especially with your upcoming trip! Trust your Dr and/or sec to raise your blood pressure. Hopefully things will calm down and sort themselves out.
WIshing you all the best. :rolleyes1: