PDA

View Full Version : new hobby?? FISHKEEPING!!

kieshara
09-02-2014, 05:14 PM
ok i started a new hobby... . realyl relaxing.. you must try it!!! fishkeeping... hahah

got myself some fishies,,,, but lately they not happy ... so i have to sell them.,.. also becuase i was to redo my aquascaping... as they call it.... and maybe my sharkies is crazy.... he killed himself.... seriously.... thats another story i will post.. hahah

i feed them 8am and 5pm .... they so clever .... how they know the time i have no clue...

any of you got fish as pets?

gilders
09-04-2014, 02:30 AM
I did keep fish for quite a few years and also found them relaxing.

Last year my son bought me a couple of fish from a well known UK pet store. Unfortunately they must have been diseased as they died and killed off all my other fish with 2 weeks.

I complained to the shop and they offered to replace the fish - the 2 originally bought from them and 2 more as a "goodwill" gesture. Hardly a goodwill gesture as they'd killed off a total 8 fish, all of which were good quality, mature, expensive fish (not the small common fish that they sell at their store).

In the end I didn't push for more compensation as I was at the beginning of another WG flare and really didn't have the strength and energy to look at them properly (water changes, etc).

I do enjoy aquariums, but don't think I'll be getting any more fish. I already have 2 dogs and a tortoise to look after.

Jayne 14
09-04-2014, 08:58 AM
We had marine fish for a while : but : god yeah they take a load of looking after

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whatthewhat
09-05-2014, 05:56 AM
Have you seen this thread? http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/2759-reef-aquarium-beginnings.html

Michael Bell
09-07-2014, 11:05 AM
I have two idiotic cats in the house so not a good idea to have fish.
Mike

gilders
09-08-2014, 02:01 AM
Mike

Hi Mike,
If your cats are idiotic, maybe they won't realise that they're supposed to be intrigued with fish.:flapper:

drz
09-09-2014, 02:41 PM
Mike

They have aquarium covers that are supposed to be cat proof and it would give the cats something to do---watch the fish.