PDA

View Full Version : Ice bucket

chris.wg
08-25-2014, 03:35 PM
So it happened I was challenged to do the ALS ice bucket challenge. Even though it is not GPA this is a very serious condition so of course I donated and did the challenge. I am not the most graceful in front of a camera nor will I win any beauty pagents but if you are interested in seeing it I had to upload it to youtube first because facebook was not taking the video for some reason. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqsZuGajtBI&feature=youtu.be

annekat
08-25-2014, 04:00 PM
Thanks for sharing that! I saw my first ALS ice bucket challenge today at the Olympia Farmers Market. Someone else dumped the ice bucket on the subject and then she got what looked like a pie in the face as an added bonus!

Jaypfei
08-25-2014, 07:37 PM
My Son and niece both did the ice bucket challenge and posted it on FB. I think they were both wonderful sports for supporting ALS. I told them that if vasculitis comes up with a challenge that I'd let them know. Oh and my DIL shaved her head in participation of St. Baldricks. The monies went to support a little girl with cancer. I have such an awesome family! :)

Pete
08-25-2014, 11:02 PM
On the VF fb page, a couple of folks have the idea to "kiss vasculitis good-bye". The person challenged would put on bright red lipstick and kiss the person they challenge with the tag line - go kiss vasculitis good-bye. Thoughts???

Dirty Don
08-26-2014, 12:02 AM
I'm NOT kissin you buddy!!!! Wait...is the lipstick tasty????

Jaypfei
08-26-2014, 03:41 AM
Yeah, that's the only snag with that challenge. I don't know of too many guys that are going to slather on red lipstick. Good cause or not. Lol!

chris.wg
08-26-2014, 09:03 AM
LOL cute idea but I agree you wont get much participation in it.

annekat
08-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Yeah, that's the only snag with that challenge. I don't know of too many guys that are going to slather on red lipstick. Good cause or not. Lol! You'd have a pretty hard time getting ME to slather on red lipstick, too, let alone going around planting kisses on people with it!

kieshara
08-26-2014, 06:27 PM
the ALS ice bucket challenge is here in south africa too... lucky i didnt get challenge yet... good thing too... you know how icey cold it is here right now? the august winds has started and who wants to get sick becuase of a stupid challenge?? not me ... and i would be to chicken to do the challenge anyways hahahah

Michael Bell
08-26-2014, 10:42 PM
I have been challenged to do it on facebook so am keeping a low profile. I am always happy to donate to such a good cause but NOT willing to have a cold dousing for anyone.
I think I may be just a tiny bit wimpish...
mike

chris.wg
08-27-2014, 01:39 PM
See that's where I am different from you 2 I found out at work and did it right after I got home from work. Of course the fact I work in a freezer may have something to do with that ;)

Jayne 14
08-30-2014, 06:50 AM
The ice bucket challenge has swept across the UK , great fun to help a lesser none illness .
And given how hot I get I totally loved it !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LisaT
08-31-2014, 12:50 AM
I was challenged but posted a response saying I'd happily donate but didn't want to dump ice on my head due to headaches... It likely sounded wimpy to those not in pain, but I just did to know whether it would give me more trouble. If the point is to raise money for ALS, this should suffice. There are enough others getting ice water dumped on their heads to raise awareness.

kieshara
09-02-2014, 05:18 PM
ugh i have been challenged.... i want to cry but I AM NOT GONNA DO IT!!!
its so cold since it snowed on the mountians lately... and the ice winds is here now....

sunnykmr123
10-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Well its a good thing which star to donate for a good cause and I'd seen your video of ice bucket challenge and share it on face book profile for more views.

marta
10-03-2014, 05:35 AM
Ha ha. The Ice Bucket challenge.. I got challenged while I was on holiday in Hawaii, so no problem right. We got all the ice out of the ice making machine, walked with the cooler full to the top with it down to the beach, and filled it with sea water.... didn't want to carry all the water from our room. So we get there, and thought 'let's show our friends the beach while doing this' so Brian was going to pan around and I would say my schpeal and challenge the next ones, and then my mom and Hana were to dump the ice water. Simple right? Well there are two takes because one of the girls in the back wasn't listening to the program: This is on Facebook, so sorry if it doesn't work for you.

Take 1: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153064489593998&l=7319831145364046388 like the look on my face? ha ha ha ha

now everyone is on the same page, we scoop all the ice from the hot sand, put it back in the cooler, and try again....

Take 2: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153064433648998&set=vb.581838997&type=3 notice the sand at the bottom of the cooler? notice it dripping down my face.... and that's how my family rolls.

Take 2:

chris.wg
10-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Sorry I haven't been on in a bit been getting busy again. Anyways I thought you would like to know marta min was a take 2 also because I used my laptop to record and the way my laptop is set up hit it 1 time preps it 2nd time starts the record and of course my first time I only hit it 1 time.