PDA

View Full Version : Septal Button problems

freakyschizogirl
08-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Hi all

Apologies from being largely absent from the boards, its been another hectic year although Me and Stu have now been married a year!

I've had a horrible smell and funky colour discharge from my nose since I had a cold several weeks ago. I saw my GP who gave me some anti biotics but they did nothing to clear it.

I finally saw an ENT at Addebrookes on Saturday who says I now have a gap between my button and the septal wall - meaning the hole is getting bigger. He said there were granulomas there also. He has given me flixonase drops which are a real pain to get in as you have to be a bit of a contortionist!

I am now booked in to see my ENT consultant/ surgeon mid Sept who I think will try and bring forward my surgery to replace the septal button.

Should I be worried about the ENT seeing granulomas in my nose? Could this be disease activity or just a side effect of me being naughty and not douching as often as I should.

Dirty Don
08-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Duh...both m'dear...yes, worry a bit...glad your life is going so well!! Keep on keepin on!

freakyschizogirl
08-25-2014, 09:52 AM
Thanks Don!

Lovely avatar by the way :thumbsup:

MikeG-2012
08-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Should I be worried about the ENT seeing granulomas in my nose? Could this be disease activity or just a side effect of me being naughty and not douching as often as I should.

When my flare up started last year, it was all nasal and sinus. Eventually, it affected my lungs and the docs then agreed that I was having a flare. So, unfortunately, yes, it could be the start of disease activity. See if the ENT can culture the area and give you an antibiotic that will work on the infection that is up there. It's a simple swab that is sent to the lab, and they return a list of antibiotics that will kill the infection.

Good luck, and congrats on a year of marriage bliss! (-8

vdub
08-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Hate to hear this, Sam.... My guess would be its more disease damage, but I hope I'm wrong. Let us know when the surgery is.

At this point, we are still planning to be in the UK late October. I think we'll be heading over to Ireland, though and may come back through Scotland. I wonder if they'll still be a part of the UK at that point?

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted!

Geoff
08-30-2014, 06:33 AM
You know best Sam as to what symptoms your WG throws at you more than anyone else. I agree with Vdub in that it sounds as if you have a little activity going on, but we have faith in Adds and I know they will do the best thing for you, so in a nutshell, you can worry but just a tiny bit please!