PDA

View Full Version : Funky Mammogram

BarbW
08-19-2014, 11:30 AM
I had a strange experience today. I got a call back on my mammogram from last week. So today I came back for compression mammograms for BOTH breasts. I had compressions on both, and my right breast was excused. She talks to the radiologist who wants it done again. Then again. Then I was sent for an ultrasound. The tech can't find what the radiologist wants. She gets her superior who does it and can't find it either. The radiologist then says to do it again.
Finally I am excused. I imagine I will get a notice to come back in three months.
I kept trying to explain the Wegeners...that the radiologist needs to know I have it and it can cause issues.
I've googled Wegeners and breast exams and have found that someone actually got diagnosed with the disease through breast exams.
Anyone else experience issues?
Thanks for any input.
Barb

chrisTIn@
09-06-2014, 04:40 AM
Hi Barb. I wonder how you are doing today? Do you already know more?
I had my surgery for breastcancer, and all went well. That is to say... the tumor was removed entirely, and the armpit gland was free of propagation.
Right after the surgery I catched a cold, and I took clarythromycine, a special antibiotic from my Wegs doc.
Hopefully the Wegs stays calm. I will probably have to undergo chemotherapy as well.

JeanMarie
09-06-2014, 05:33 AM
Chris- hope you continue to do well!!!!!

Barb--sometimes the mamo is funky & turns out to be nothing, I've had that experience!

mrtmeo
09-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Have u considered a thermogram instead?
There is no radiation and it is able to find cancer far earlier than a mammogram.

mishb
09-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Chris- hope you continue to do well!!!!!

Barb--sometimes the mamo is funky & turns out to be nothing, I've had that experience!

Me to Jean Marie

Christine, I so glad that the surgery went well. I wish you all the best in the next part of this journey.

Barb, it would be interesting to know what the funkiness was that they saw.