PDA

View Full Version : Grounding Technique

windchime
08-06-2014, 07:41 AM
I don't know if this has been previously brought up or not, but I found it interesting. There is a movie about this phenomenon that healed an entire town in Alaska. It is said to reduce inflammation. This is a sequel to the original film and it's available for free until 8/8. For any that is so moved here it is. Grounding or Earthing: A Key Mechanism That Keeps You Healthy (http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/08/02/grounding-earthing.aspx?e_cid=20140802Z1_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20140802Z1&et_cid=DM52267&et_rid=606818077)

drz
08-06-2014, 11:57 AM
I don't know if this has been previously brought up or not, but I found it interesting. There is a movie about this phenomenon that healed an entire town in Alaska. It is said to reduce inflammation. This is a sequel to the original film and it's available for free until 8/8. For any that is so moved here it is. Grounding or Earthing: A Key Mechanism That Keeps You Healthy (http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/08/02/grounding-earthing.aspx?e_cid=20140802Z1_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20140802Z1&et_cid=DM52267&et_rid=606818077)

Time to go walk bare foot on the beach. In Alaska that might be challenge in winter time.

Debbie C
08-06-2014, 03:06 PM
Cindy,tried to read the article but wouldn't stay on the screen long enough. I even subscribed to the newsletter to see if that would work but no ????

By the way I am coming down to Fl. Sept 18-Oct 2 and I will be spending some time in Orlando so maybe we can meet up this time.

windchime
08-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Hey Debra,

I don't know about the problems with the page not staying up. Maybe try to go to Dr. Mercola's site and ramble around. Would love to meet up with you when you are down here. Keep me posted. I just got back from New Mexico and Nashville. July was a very busy month for me.

annekat
08-08-2014, 05:46 PM
My first thought was the same as drz's, time to get out and walk barefoot on the beach, ground, even concrete, according to the article. Not watching the video, my computer is very old and would be problematical if others have experienced problems. I like this idea, though... couldn't hurt to try. And if we can find some leather soled shoes, we can use those in the winter and get the same effect. I am always researching footwear, as I have problem feet. What I really want is some of those "five-fingers" type shoes with individual toes, and I saw someone in a pair that may have been leather. They are ugly, to be sure, but I think they'd work wonders on my feet.

Are you still coming to Seattle in early September? I will touch base by private message.

windchime
08-09-2014, 06:38 AM
I have a pair of the 5 toe shoes, but they are "water" shoes. They aren't too bad, but I have neuropathy and anything other than flip flops bother my feet. Still planning the Sept trip. Ticket is bought.

annekat
08-09-2014, 07:05 AM
I have a pair of the 5 toe shoes, but they are "water" shoes. They aren't too bad, but I have neuropathy and anything other than flip flops bother my feet. Still planning the Sept trip. Ticket is bought. I wear Yoga Sandals, which separate the toes and create a better, more stable stance and help the posture. My biggest foot problem is bunions; with the misalignment of bones, my toes point inward so much that I can't get a good grip. Someone online claimed to have corrected their bunions with the 5 toe shoes... I wouldn't expect that but would like to try them anyway.

OK, will gear up for seeing you in September and we'll work out the details by PM.

Psyborg
08-09-2014, 11:11 AM
I had some of the Fila Skeletoe shoes. Which had 4 toes (little two were together). They were kind of weird...unfortunately they irritated my skin more then they helped the toes. Of course your mileage may very :)

annekat
08-09-2014, 02:32 PM
I had some of the Fila Skeletoe shoes. Which had 4 toes (little two were together). They were kind of weird...unfortunately they irritated my skin more then they helped the toes. Of course your mileage may very :) Thanks, Bob, that's interesting. I'd go for the ones with 5 toes, and I'll have to look for them on sale somewhere. Maybe do some research online beforehand. Won't know if I can stand them until I try them....

windchime
08-09-2014, 11:58 PM
I had some of the Fila Skeletoe shoes. Which had 4 toes (little two were together). They were kind of weird...unfortunately they irritated my skin more then they helped the toes. Of course your mileage may very :)

Bob, that's the type I have too. I understand about the irritation. I don't wear them too much since you can't wear socks with them.

annekat
08-10-2014, 01:21 AM
Bob, that's the type I have too. I understand about the irritation. I don't wear them too much since you can't wear socks with them. There are also 5-toe socks available. No, I don't think they'd fit easily under these, probably, but I think they'd be worthwhile to wear with sandals or roomier shoes, or by themselves around the house, to get the toe separation.

Psyborg
08-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Fila did make socks specifically for them at one point. I think they ended up not being as popular as they thought they might be.

annekat
08-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Fila did make socks specifically for them at one point. I think they ended up not being as popular as they thought they might be. I think the socks I saw pics of were too thick and wooly to fit the Fila, but I wish I'd gotten ahold of a pair... I'd wear them however I could, maybe just at home and maybe to bed. I really feel like that toe separation is important for me. The bunions are probably too far gone for anything but surgery, but I might as well get some comfort and stability wherever I can.

annekat
08-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Check 'em out.... I gotta have some:
toe socks - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?q=toe+socks&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=YSvnU_2nLOeBiwLf-IDIBQ&ved=0CIUBEOwJ&biw=1139&bih=519)

mrtmeo
08-18-2014, 07:41 AM
For those that can't watch the video, there are some pictures showing the differences in inflammation and other info using Earthing here
https://quantumevolution.co.uk/store/earthing/EarthingFAQ

It is my understanding that our magnetic field of flux lines get broken when we have disease areas.
Earthing puts the magnetic field back into alignment.

windchime
08-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Interesting site. Thanks for sharing.

Wegetarian
08-18-2014, 01:13 PM
There are also 5-toe socks available. No, I don't think they'd fit easily under these, probably, but I think they'd be worthwhile to wear with sandals or roomier shoes, or by themselves around the house, to get the toe separation.

Guess I have some simiar shoes, they are called Feelmax. The sole is made from Kevlar - which is the stuff used in bulletproof wests. The point is that if I walk in the forrest I well feel pretty much everything I walk on and the coldness of the surface. I did accidentally step on glass once, but the glass just shattered under the shoe and wouldn't penetrate the material. However if you do walk on something sharp, like a pinecone or a small stone you will feel some discomfort. They are not too fun to walk on pavement on, as the it feels quite hard on your feet.

Got two pairs since sometimes you find them very cheaply over here, I think I paid less than $30 for the pair. I have really huge feet too, so these are great to have as extra pairs when I travel or want to pack lite for the gym as otherwise my shoes would take up an entire bag while these don't really take much more space than a pair of socks.

Here is some more info on them:
Feelmax :: Shoes (http://feelmax.fi/en/shoes/)