PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant...40...and...Wegner's...Update!!

Mel4
08-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Well, my little man is here:) I was due on August 11, scheduled to induce on at 38 weeks on July 30th because I was so short of breath, and went into labor on my own on July 26th! The delivery went really well, and everyone seemed to be really helpful and on board with the treatment. I kind of pictured it like a circus in the delivery room, but it was not at all.

A couple of things of note - he did not cry when tn and they were very busy rubbing and giving him oxygen...no one was worried about it but me as I'm saying "Is he blue? Is he ok? " My sister replies that the Pediatrician is smiling so that must be a good sign:) The umbilical cord was very small...so small they could not get cord blood from it that was going to be donated for research. No one thought that was that crazy either...he did a "singing" which means he still had fluid in his lungs, but they were not worried about that either! So according the the dr's all was fabulous...to me things looked a little off...

I was hoping I would have a lot of relief with the breathing but that has not happened...I mean it's better, but not fabulous. Went for a CT scan this week. He saw hemorrhaging, but thought there was improvement...but isn't that from the Prednisone?! I'm so confused! Anyway, I go for blood work this week, so hoping to move forward on treatment asap!!!

Thank you all for your well wishes!!! Thank you! I think I attached a picture.but if it didn't work I'll try again:)

vdub
08-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad all is well and hope you are OK, too. Keep us informed!

Oh yeah..... No pic....

chrisTIn@
08-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Congratulations with the birth of your 'little man'! :smile:
Best wishes for you and your son, hope he will be growing up to a good healthy weight.
Also hope your breathing will continue to improve, and that you'll soon be able to move forward on treatment.

lag713
08-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Congratulations! Even typical pregnancies have hiccups so this sounds like a fantastic result!

I hope they figure out what is going on with your shortness of breath and your breathing improves!

mishb
08-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Congratulations Mel........you did it :thumbsup:

This gives hope for all others that wonder if it is possible to carry a pregnancy to full (or near) term and have a healthy baby.
You and a few others have shown that with the correct treatment and care, anything is possible

I hope the breathing starts to get better now

chris.wg
08-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Congratulations. Only thing for you to remember now. Being tired doesn't mean a flare it means you been doing late night feedings ;)

Psyborg
08-07-2014, 11:01 PM
Congratulations.

windchime
08-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Congrats on your new son.

drz
08-08-2014, 12:00 AM
I hope things are getting better for you and the new addition so you can both relax a bit and enjoy each other.

Jayne 14
08-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Congrats on your beautiful son , hope the breathing better now
Xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Debbie C
08-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Congradulations,what did you name him. Glad to hear all turned out well and that he is a healthy baby. Also hope your breathing improves, I didn't know the pred can makle your lungs hemmorage though ?