PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Hemorrhages

Psyborg
07-29-2014, 11:09 PM
I had a weird red line appear behind a fingernail on one hand. No pain, just a red line. So I looked it up and stumbled onto another symptom. I used to get these weird lines under my nails that looked like splinters. I'd then wrack my brain trying to figure out when I got a splinter. Turns out they are called splinter hemorrhages. They are a symptom of vasculitis or a certain virus that attacks heart valves. I find this interesting because I was getting those at least a few years before I ever got really sick. Anyway nothing I'm dealing with now, but thought I'd share :)

jakekell
07-30-2014, 02:22 AM
Interesting I had one on my ring finger on the left hand and finally it is gone. I am going to Cleveland Clinic to see Dr. Ville-Foote the 14th of August and will try to ask about this as I have only had the one spot so far.

Mary :w00t:

vdub
07-30-2014, 01:28 PM
Was the red line horizontal with the way a nail grows or vertical?

Psyborg
07-30-2014, 10:32 PM
The one I have now or the splinter thing? Splinter thing looks like a splinter, so verticle. The red line I have right now is more horizontal along the back of the nail.

vdub
07-31-2014, 01:25 AM
Very interesting.... I've had those, too, but I didn't realize they were caused by this wonderful disease we all have. (more info and pics (http://www.dermnet.com/images/Splinter-Hemorrhage))

drz
07-31-2014, 02:40 AM
Very interesting.... I've had those, too, but I didn't realize they were caused by this wonderful disease we all have. (more info and pics (http://www.dermnet.com/images/Splinter-Hemorrhage))

Still learning about our gift, aren't we?

jakekell
07-31-2014, 04:08 AM
Mine was verticle, but now is gone.

jakekell
07-31-2014, 04:09 AM
Seems like everyday learning something weather I want to know not lol!

Psyborg
07-31-2014, 04:25 AM

Some of those were way more substantial than mine, but that was exactly what they looked like, if milder.

jakekell
07-31-2014, 05:12 AM
Bob,

I have been hearing from lots of people that they see Dr. Ville-Forte at CC see your from OH wondering if you do also? I am going Aug 14th to see her and have heard she is great.

Mary

Psyborg
08-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Mary,

Yes indeed, I do see Dr Villa Forte. She's very nice. The only issues I've had at CC have been related to the phone staff, and those overall have been minor. The caregivers are all quite good.

jakekell
08-06-2014, 02:46 AM
Good to hear that so far getting all good feedback on her feeling better everyday about going to see her. I have developed aneurysms in my hands/around my kidneys so I am told by my doctor here in Kalamazoo that doesn't even return most of my calls. I do believe she is right, however she isn't in class of docs that can handle this disease. I did really good the past few years, but now something has gone really wrong. This area isn't large enough for the disease so hoping for help to say the least. We are in Naples in the winter so there is a CC an hour from us so making the right move I believe.

Mary

drz
08-06-2014, 11:50 AM
Good to hear that so far getting all good feedback on her feeling better everyday about going to see her. I have developed aneurysms in my hands/around my kidneys so I am told by my doctor here in Kalamazoo that doesn't even return most of my calls. I do believe she is right, however she isn't in class of docs that can handle this disease. I did really good the past few years, but now something has gone really wrong. This area isn't large enough for the disease so hoping for help to say the least. We are in Naples in the winter so there is a CC an hour from us so making the right move I believe.

Mary

Seeing some one with more experience is usually a good move. Best wishes for better health.

Allisonquast
08-15-2014, 03:46 PM
Colin had dark brown verticle lines in his pointer finger and his thumb when diagnosed, after ctx and pred they are fading so it has to be related to the Wegs. Crazy hey? I have a photo but I need to figure out how to post it.

jakekell
09-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Hi drz,

Went to see Dr. Ville-Forte and everyone was right she is very nice really liked her. I do not have aneurysms anywhere just a bad doc here! That bad doc really turned our world upside down. Ville-Forte said they were sacks of fluid in my hands with leisons on them very painful. I am having a flare up and now doing the mtx/pred/dapsone treatments.
I will be going to her now thank goodness!

I as going to put a new post out there, however forgot how to do it. Hope this finds you well.

Mary

Psyborg
09-20-2014, 12:19 AM
I'm glad you were able to get with Dr Villa Forte. And glad it's not Aneurysms!

jakekell
09-20-2014, 12:34 AM
Me too and my family wishes we weren't put through all that. I guess these nodules with lesions are another WGs gift that can occur anywhere in the body mine were the hands and bottom of my feet. So happy people talked so much about Ville-Forte on this site or wouldn't have know where to go for good care as we don't have it for wegs here for sure.