PDA

View Full Version : Reclaim abandoned dreams and nurture new ones

lag713
07-27-2014, 03:09 AM
Whether your dream is to reach remission or just finish a big bowl of ramen, you should check this out. It made me smile and crave ramen.

Can Finishing A Big Bowl Of Ramen Make Dreams Come True?Cambridge, MA

Can Finishing A Big Bowl Of Ramen Make Dreams Come True? : The Salt : NPR (http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/07/25/334896524/can-finishing-a-big-bowl-of-ramen-make-dreams-come-true?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20140725)

vdub
07-27-2014, 03:28 AM
I guess ramen is a staple for college kids, but I can't say I've ever had it.....

lag713
07-27-2014, 05:09 AM
I've only had the cheap ramen you get in the grocery store that isn't good. I've heard very good things about the real deal. Always new things to try!

annekat
07-27-2014, 02:25 PM
I, too, would like to try the real deal, the good ramen made with fresh ingredients and no chemical additives. The junk college kids use as a staple is pretty crappy, contains MSG, etc. That is if you use the flavor packet that comes with it. My Japanese friend pointed out you can just use the noodles from the cheap package, throw away the flavor pack, and make your own broth and add whatever you want to it. But I'll bet there are better noodles available, too.

jlove
08-01-2014, 03:33 AM
This is really cool. I have to admire someone who cares about people like this and goes out of his way to make his business about more than just food. That being said, ramen sounds really great right about now. I'm a big fan of pho (sort of a Vietnamese version of ramen). We have a lot of great pho places in Philly... I might need to go get my fix soon.