PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

JohnL
10-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the Birthday wishes :) =82!!= never thought I would get this old and fradgile - Doing pretty good tho. In remission and mostly feeling pretty good. Thanks again :)

Sangye
10-07-2009, 07:38 AM
I wish many more happy years for you, John. Take good care of yourself! :D

Doug
10-08-2009, 02:04 AM
My best wishes, too, John! While I don't celebrate birthdays with parties anymore, I do mark the day by noting I'm not dead yet, and that's a pretty good place to be! It's a day to reflect on my blessings. It's a day to buy myself some extravegant gift no one in the family knows I want (or would buy me if they did! Ha!). This past birthday, it was the computer on which I type this comment and all the peripherals. (There was no way Santa was bringing me such an extravegant gift because I hadn't been that good in 2008!):)

Sangye
10-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Ever since I got Wegs, I also have "Not Dead Yet" days. No party--though I wouldn't mind one if everyone sterilized their noses, throats and hands before piling into my basement!:D

jola57
10-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Happy 82nd John

andrew
10-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Ever since I got Wegs, I also have "Not Dead Yet" days. No party--though I wouldn't mind one if everyone sterilized their noses, throats and hands before piling into my basement!:D

Hahaha :) good one might try that myself.

Hope you had a great day John!

moyan
01-18-2010, 03:41 AM
All the best John.
A different kind of thanks: My wonderful neighbour, 80, does so much for me and after some thinking I started making them dinners now and then. Roll around in the kitchen in my swivelchair and since she is so busy with garden, charities, family she seems to like not to have to cook that day.
Also, of course she does not want me to pay her, friends don't, so I told her " I will give you some money, but it is not for you, it is for your favourite charity" Bingo! All involved benefit, maybe an idea for some of you who also have angels around.

Barbara1966
01-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Happy Birthday John !!!!!!!!