PDA

View Full Version : Not feeling "right"...

godgirl
07-15-2014, 01:52 PM
So, the last week or so, I haven't been feeling right. I had been feeling like my old self prior to that. (Have been on 20mg mtx and 10mg pred since mid April.) Not much stamina yet, but feeling better in general. I crashed last Monday. Terrible fatigue again, and in the afternoons I'm shaky. (Hits me around 2pm. I start work at 7am.) Are ups and downs normal? I'm also having a hard time with my eyes-just achey and light sensitive.

But the worst is the bordering-on-a-migraine I've had for a week now. It's behind my eyes and nose. I would guess my sinuses. But not much swelling and no blood. And there are times when I'm cold and clammy but sweating. And no fever that I've found.

I finally broke down and emailed my rheumy tonight. I'm not sure what's going on, but I just don't feel "right".

Any thoughts? Should I be worried? Prior to all this, I probably would have ignored it. :)

Jen

Debbie C
07-15-2014, 02:03 PM
Hey Jen, I am not on mtx so I don't know if that is a side effect, but since you've been on it since April, I would say something else is going on. Do you also have an ent you can go to. If you still feel that way tomorrow maybe you should go get checked at the er. Keep us posted.

mishb
07-15-2014, 08:36 PM
Jen, the old rule of thumb is - if it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't.

It was good that you put a call into your Rheumy. They will be able to put your mind at ease, at the very least.

I hope it is nothing sinister and that you feel better tomorrow........and as Deb says, if you feel any worse, don't hesitate to get to the hospital.
This Wegs is a very sneaky dog.

StephaniaWi
07-16-2014, 03:16 AM
This is really strange because you are describing sort of how I started feeling last Monday and I am in WI too. Someone told me the mold or pollen or something is sky high, I have had a headache for 8 days straight now and no OTC meds are helping. I am so fatigued as well. I cannot call it a migraine according to the Drs I saw because it is all over my head. Not on one side. My sinuses do not feel like they hurt at all, I am not sure how to check. I keep pressing on them. I hope you feel better and yes you did the right thing with your Rhuem, I did the same thing (well only after another doctor told me I had to) but I would rather know early on if my Wegs was acting a fool. Take care, I do not have any answers. I keep trying things but nothing is shaking it.

godgirl
07-16-2014, 03:30 AM
I just posted to YOUR thread a couple of minutes ago! hahahaha! but really not that funny...

godgirl
07-16-2014, 03:34 AM
Also, Stephanie, migraines are not only on one side of your head... I'm not sure where that designation came from. I've had migraines for years (I even have FMLA for them at work) and they are usually all over my head. There is a distinct difference between a headache and a migraine for me. They feel different. And migraines are about six million times worse. Can barely lift my head up.

So you might be having a migraine.

Jen

tring_vu
07-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Yes, don't hesitate to go to the hospital...better safe than sorry that's what I say.

StephaniaWi
07-16-2014, 01:34 PM
The one doctor yesterday told me he didn't think they were migraines but the ENT last time I went through this did say he thinks they are migraines. It is that funny because maybe for whatever reason Wisconsin is making us sick and you aren't that far up there in Madison, I am near Milwaukee so everything is similar. I do not know what to think but this does give me hope that maybe it will get better, when I started that thread you posted in I was really sick. It went on for months and I had no idea if it would get better but I kept trying and staying with the sleep, eating right, and I felt so much better when this hit I really thought I was just sick with a cold or something but I had no nasal or cough or anything but when it lasted two days and I can hardly lift my head up I knew something was off.

I really hope it will just be gone, but I am going to follow through on the headache thing. I just ate a plate of spinach and kale salad because someone told me they read an article it helps with headaches, I just ate it just at the rare chance the spinach kills the headache. I am seriously that desperate. I really hope you feel better.

MikeG-2012
07-17-2014, 11:17 AM
If you are up to a trip to Monroe, WI, there's a great ENT at the Monroe Clinic. Dr. Anthony Rogerson. Very well versed on the damage wegs does to the sinuses. I highly recommend him, HIGHLY!!!! monroeclinic.org. If you want more details,send me a PM and I'll get you my phone number.