PDA

View Full Version : RTX causing rash?

Miranda
07-14-2014, 02:31 PM
This week will be two weeks since my first infusion. I go in Wednesday for my second one. Last week I starting getting what I thought were bug bites. Which is normal for me since my parents live in the country and we are always outside there. But when they weren't going away and the itching seems to get worse I was starting to get worried. On my leg that was once a small bug bite size bump is now a raised red rash. I am starting to get the same area on my ankle and forearm. REALLY itchy. Just curious what your thoughts are? I have heard several times a rash from wg doesn't really itch?? I have never had one from wg either in all the years I have had it. So my only connection is RTX?...

Pete
07-14-2014, 03:05 PM
It would be good to call the doc who gave you the rtx infusion. Could be a side effect, or it could be something else. Good luck.

mrtmeo
07-15-2014, 02:55 AM
My mom used to get those bright red streaks of dots but they didn't itch and would last about a week and go away.
However, after her 3rd RTX treatment, she has this rash that is a lighter red all over her torso and arms that itches like crazy.
Antihistamines don't help much and the drs think it is medication related, but they are not sure.
She has one more treatment left and her Neph is on vacation out of the country.
I would like to hear from others that had a rash.