PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter Tracey's Update.

Mike
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Tracey's blood tests have remained stable but the effects of yesterdays Chemo have left her in a constant state of sickness.:(

Her face has also started to swell with the prednisone.This is a small price to pay if we can knock this dreadful illness back into remission.

Tomorrow morning at 9 am it is round two of her plasmapheresis.

I will keep you informed.

Traceys Dad Mike

Sangye
10-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Stable is good. Gotta stop the train before you can reverse it!

I didn't have IV ctx, so I don't know what they can do about feeling sick. Is she nauseous? There's a lot they can do for that. I'm sure they know all that, though.

Thank you for keeping us informed. Tracey's been on my mind a lot. I hope she had a good visit with her son. :)

Doug
10-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Mike - I repeat what I wrote on the other comment: The plasmapheresis treatment is long but not particularly unpleasant. I suppose it could be an unpleasant experience if there were an incompetent or inobservant person managing the process because they do track blood levels of potassium, etc. to assure the patient is stable and safely with requirements for diffeerent blood components. I felt very relaxed during the process, which makes me suspect they drug the patient somewhat to relax but not "stone" them!:):)

http://www.healthcentral.com/acid-reflux/find-drug.html

http://www.naturopathydigest.com/archives/2007/apr/schor.php

http://vasculitis.med.jhu.edu/treatments/prednisone.html

I attached these elsewhere, but it becomes increasingly apparent to me that the best help we can give people like you, Mike, is the easiest access we can to information you need now. With all your other concerns about Tracey, digging around in this forum for information you remember seeing but now can't find (if you are like me!) should be you least concern. Hope they help you prepare for Tracey's coming stages of healing, if not where she is now.

Mike
10-06-2009, 04:19 AM
The sickness was from the IV Chemo Doug. They gave her some pills to combat the throwing up. It seemed to help a little,

I am driving over in about an hour to see her.

We seem to having a good day followed by a not so good day. Today should be a good day.:D (Well Ihope so)

I will keep you informed.

Mike

Mike
10-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Thanks so much Sangye for keeping us in your thoughts. Her little boy Luca brought a smile to Traceys face.:)

Doug
10-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Sounds like things are in control! Good!:)

Mike
10-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Traceys levels seem to be getting better and they are deciding this morning to possibly send her home and have her as an out patient three times a week for all her IV treatments. This sure brought a smile to her face.

Mike

Sangye
10-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Brings a smile to my face, too. A bunch of them, see? :):):):)

Doug
10-08-2009, 01:50 AM
Can't top being back home!:):):):) plus 6

jola57
10-08-2009, 06:29 PM
I am sorry the chemo has such bad effects but its working so that is an excellent news.