PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant with Wegener's?

Mel4
07-01-2014, 08:08 PM
I am now 8 months pregnant and was officially diagnosed 2 weeks ago. Anyone else have this experience? I'm on 40 mg of prednisone and awaiting treatment when the baby is born. Just curious if anyone else has been in this situation!

Yvonnea
07-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Congratulations! If you are on Facebook check out the "Vasculitis, Pregnancy and Motherhood" page. Many women in your situation. Wishing you a safe delivery.

windchime
07-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your pregnancy and safe and speedy delivery. Is this your first? There's a lot of good support here and warm, generous people. Please feel free to ask, vent and share your story with us. I can't answer your question as I did not experience that, but did want to welcome you. I think there are others on here that have and they will hopefully chime in soon enough.

If you feel like it and have the time/energy please share as much of your story as you like under "New Member Introductions." It helps us get to know you. Congrats and welcome again.

Mel4
07-02-2014, 01:04 AM
Thank you! I will check that out!

Mel4
07-02-2014, 01:07 AM
Thank you for your kind words:) I will put my story on the new members page. Everything has been such a whirlwind I was very appreciative to stumble on this site! This is my 4th little one!!! Thank you:)

Alysia
07-02-2014, 01:16 AM
welcome to the forum, Mel :hug1:
you can read the following threads and also check in the archiv : http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/4022-wegener-s-pregnancy.html
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/weggie-s-stories/3983-alicia-my-battle-wegener-s.html
have an easy and safe delivery, on time, and fast recovery from wg. please update us.

LisaT
07-02-2014, 01:17 AM
Congratulations! Being that it's your 4th you're a 'veteran' on the parenting front; you will find it has new challenges with a chronic disease and that you MUST take good care of yourself first and everyone else second… I would recommend having some help lined up if at all possible. Hopefully once you start treatment you will improve but you don't want to get exhausted or depleted as that will only make symptoms worse. Wishing you a safe delivery and quick recovery.

I look forward to learning more about you. I have two kids and my not-yet-certain diagnosis was just this year, but the symptoms have smouldered at least since my youngest was born almost seven years ago. It's been challenging but manageable (with lots of help) and I wouldn't trade it for anything! :) Hopefully your three children are used to helping out.