PDA

View Full Version : No whining

vdub
06-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Its been about 5 months now and I have been feeling truly outstanding. I'm not sure what it is, but suspect a combination of 5mg/pred/day (new for me), gabapentin (neruopath pain blocker), and steroid shots in my knees.

I have had good times before, but this is the first time in 4 years that I actually feel almost normal, not just new normal, but back to the way it used to be. I have lots of energy and pretty much zero pain (but I am on tramadol). I'm sleeping well, eating well, and living pretty normal. I have been working on my MG a lot and making plans for more trips (I hope to go to UK for 3 months this fall, but wife wants to go NZ/AU). I sure hope this lasts.

Funny aside.... On my last annual, mandatory VA appt a week ago, the doc counted my drugs and said "hmmmm, 23, we need to cut that down to 5. yeah, no more than 5". I asked him if he had even looked at the diseases I have and he said "you should still be on no more than 5". My faith and confidence in the system went right down a rat hole at that point. Nevertheless, they set me up for an appt with a clinical pharmacists to cut down my drugs. Ha, fat chance! You can talk and I will listen, but nothing changes. Sheeezeee.... I need 9 of those drugs to just stay in a vertical position and keep breathing.

Anyway, I'm feeling great and hope it lasts.... I know it won't, but I can hope.... :-)

Michael Bell
06-26-2014, 04:01 PM
I hope it lasts too, make the most of this good time and store the memories in case you end up back at the new normal. Enjoy.
Mike

andrew
06-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Very happy that you're feeling so good mate!! May it last forever!

mishb
06-26-2014, 09:19 PM
vdub this is an awesome report :hug3:

It's about time that you got your share of the good times

I too, hope it last forever and who knows, your wife might just get her trip to Oz :thumbsup:

pberggren1
06-27-2014, 03:01 AM
Go to Oz and NZ and the UK, and don't forget about Swift Current.....:wink1:

Geoff
06-27-2014, 05:58 AM
Hey vdub!
Great to read and share your good news! Sam and I would love to meet you again if you decide to head our way again,maybe we could show you a little more of our county and not just a shopping centre!!

chris.wg
06-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Great to hear your feeling well. We all need our good times. Keep the reports coming in.

Alysia
06-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Go to Oz and NZ and the UK, and don't forget about Swift Current.....:wink1:

and Israel as well :)
I am glad that you feel good :hug3:

LisaT
06-28-2014, 01:12 AM
That's awesome news!!! Gives me such hope. I'd assumed there'd never be any going back to 'Normal', not even sure I remember what it feels like. I hope it lasts and lasts...

Geoff
07-17-2014, 03:33 AM
Hi vdub,

Hope you are still hanging on to that "Feel Good" moment and just to spur you on a bit more I have attached a couple of pics of my Brother in Law's MGA after reconstruction. It had been exported to the USA but never assembled and so he had it shipped back to the UK, still wrapped in the original protective wrapping, and then put together by a mate in a local garage.
Hope the progress on yopur MGA matches your mood and that you get on that open road real soon with the top down!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10513496_570865019690209_8839135833725029944_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10561547_570865023023542_6975630566415619750_n.jpg ?oh=b96daa63d1a49f0804bf06ce1799d15e&oe=5439877E

vdub
07-17-2014, 04:02 AM
That is a rare beauty! He is so very lucky to have found a brand new one. How long has he had it?

I don't know the body styles between years all that well, but I can tell from tail lights that it is earlier than 1960. The color appears to be iris blue, but is a bit different shade than I have on mine, which started as iris blue many years ago. My MG has 5 layers of paint in some areas.

Can you tell me the story on how he found this car? Remarkable. I have a nephew with a similar find. He found a brand new, still in the crate, P-51 engine in his grandad's barn. I have no idea what a P-51 engine costs, but I'm guessing several hundred thousand, maybe even a million.

I'm still feeling well. I have been so active that I've forgotten my 11 o'clock meds on several days, so yesterday, I combined my 11 o'clock and 3 o'clock meds and now take them both at 1 o'clock. I think it will work out. We'll see.

Geoff
07-17-2014, 04:07 AM
Great to read you are still surfing that Big Wave! Keep it going.

I will contact my Bro in Law for further data and revert to you vdub.
He is a real car fan and when he married my sister they drove off on their honeymoon in an open top E-type Jag (in white of course!)

vdub
07-17-2014, 04:22 AM
Marcia wants an XKE, but I don't know if she'll ever get it. They are getting rare and pricey...

Debbie C
07-17-2014, 12:05 PM
vdub , I just wanted to say how great it is that you are feeling so well. Whatever you are doing ,don't change a thing.

Geoff, that car of your bro in laws is beautiful..I love the color...I love the car !!!

LisaT
07-18-2014, 12:27 AM
Yup that's a gorgeous car. I don't usually notice or care much about cars. I've been known to ride in a car with someone then still need to follow them to it in the parking lot on the way back from wherever we've gone, because I never took notice of what we were driving in in The first place. But that car, I love. One of my favourite colours too. And I love hearing about you feeling so good you forget meds! This can give us all hope. :thumbup: