PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new docs in Boise, Idaho.

Ruotsi1
06-22-2014, 08:49 AM
We are considering relocating to Boise, Idaho. I am looking for recommendations for a rheumatologist, pulmonologist, renal, and ENT docs. Thanks!!

vdub
06-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Boise is a very nice little town. I grew up a couple hours north of there. I can't give you a specific recommendation, but, depending how long you've had WG and its severity, you might want to consider the Vasculitis Center at the UofU in SLC.

Ruotsi1
06-22-2014, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I need to find docs a lot closer than SLC. Right now I see my rheumy monthly, Pulmonologist every 4 mos, renal doc every 3 mos, and ENT every 6.

vdub
06-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Totally understand. The way I worked it was to see Koening a couple times, got stable, then was passed off to Spokane. Sometimes I send him an email, which he always replies too. I am stable enough now (wegs-wise) that I wouldn't want to use his time when others need him worse. My main issues are endochronology now (you can read the story in the tag line). I'm sure Koening would know the best person in Boise.

Dirty Don
06-23-2014, 12:40 AM
OHSU in Portland is or has opened a Vasculitis center, may be worth checking out.

annekat
06-23-2014, 01:47 PM
OHSU in Portland is or has opened a Vasculitis center, may be worth checking out. Yes! I'd forgotten about that, though I checked it out online once. And UW in Seattle has a good rheumatology clinic, and though I haven't heard it called a vasculitis center, I know from people who go there that it has some competent and experienced docs at treating vasculitis.