PDA

View Full Version : It's official

sbeach78
06-18-2014, 09:43 AM
Today I got the results of my biopsy. I am officially diagnosed as a weggie. My kidneys showed a slight improvement though my white cells are up. They are going to increase my cytoxin. But on the bright side my daughter is having a baby boy, she had am ultrasound today. I am going to have a grandson.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

marylz
06-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Sorry to hear you are an official Weggie, but it is good to have a definitive DX. Congrats on the pending grandson:thumbsup:

BookNut
06-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Today I got the results of my biopsy. I am officially diagnosed as a weggie. My kidneys showed a slight improvement though my white cells are up. They are going to increase my cytoxin. But on the bright side my daughter is having a baby boy, she had am ultrasound today. I am going to have a grandson.

If you look at this a certain way, it is ALL good news. being sure of the diagnosis means you can make the best decisions to treat it. I am glad to hear that the kidney's are improved. And congratulations on your future grandson. There is nothing like a grandchild. Ours is visiting this week. She is 14 and the love of our lives. We thought she was going to be the only one, but our daughter is expecting in July. She and her husband have chosen to be surprised on the boy/girl question. No matter what...WE CAN'T WAIT!!

sbeach78
06-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Yeah it was a good day, hopefully its a sign of more good days to come. Congratulations on you're soon to be next grandchild also.

Debbie C
06-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Well sorry that you have are an offical wg. but like everyone said now you know and can get the right treatment. And congrats also on the new grandbaby coming:hug3:

windchime
06-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Shawn glad you have an official dx, sorry it has to be wegs. Congrats of the new grandson. Is this your first?

sbeach78
06-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Yes my first grandbaby, super excited. November can't get here fast enough. I need to teach that boy to fish.

Alysia
06-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi Shawn. after all those are good news. having grandson soon is great, and it is better to be dx and know how to treat it, then not. so welcome again to our family here, now as an "official" weggie :wink1:
one of the benefits of being a weggie is having our amazing weggie family here, and amazing friends all around the world :love:

godgirl
06-18-2014, 11:13 PM
Agreeing with everyone here. Glad you have a dx, but sorry it's Wegener's. In some ways, I'm kinda jealous. I'm trying to patiently wait for a dx... At least if I had one, I'd know what to expect and they could treat it more agressively.

And congrats on the grandson! SO EXCITING! And yeah, teach him to fish. I'd wait until he can hold a pole, though. And maybe walk. haha!

Jen

annekat
06-19-2014, 05:46 AM
Congrats on the dx and the grandson, Shawn. Two very different kinds of news, nice that they coincided to make for a meaningful day. Wegs is not a good dx to get, but it is so much better to know and be able to deal with it than to be in limbo.

Jen, I hope you can get your dx soon!

mishb
06-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Congratulations Shawn on both lots of news

I'm not sorry that you have a Wegeners diagnosis.........it could be way worse, and let's face it - you now have us, the best Group of people in the world :thumbsup:

Jayne 14
06-21-2014, 05:02 AM
Sorry you've joined the gang : but at least it can get sorted now
The grand son is awesome !!!
X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sbeach78
06-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Yes the grandson is awesome, the title grandpa not so much....jk. I am very excited can't wait to help show him the world

Beverly
06-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Another congrats, Shawn...your smile will be soooo big :thumbsup: the first time little grandson says that title, regardless of what it is. We have 14 granch. and they are all wonderful!!

Your terrific attitude has been an encouragement. I think that it is a blessing that your daughter is pregnant at this time in your life...it will give you something wonderful to focus on as you journey thru wgs. Hey, and we get to share it with you and your family.

Since you are officially diag, I am glad you are here with us!

Blessings to you and your family :hug3: