PDA

View Full Version : Prednisone Sweet Spot

BookNut
06-13-2014, 11:38 PM
OK. I plan to relish this day. I am half way through my pred taper. Whirling brain is calming down somewhat. Also my long term antibiotic is kicking in. You realize how much your "normal" has changed when you wake up without the usual coughing and nose blowing and FREAK OUT. OH NO - it must be starting all over again. Usually when the coughing etc. disappears it means I am in BIG trouble. When all the gunk dries up, it seems to freeze my airways and I am in for days of being SOB.

Not today. I realize that this is the FIRST day in THREE years that my respiratory system is almost the REAL normal, instead of the NEW normal. I will relish the next few days. Typically within a week of prednisone I start the march downhill, kicking and screaming all the way. Maybe the antibiotic will halt the downhill lurch. Here's hoping!:biggrin1:

LisaT
06-14-2014, 12:06 AM
That's awesome news, Jackie! Enjoy your gunk-free, easy-breathing day. Here's to many, many more. I hope this is the new normal...:hug3:

Jayne 14
06-14-2014, 02:43 AM
The real normal ?
Sounds great 🌟
Enjoy x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

annekat
06-14-2014, 04:11 AM
That's great, Jacquie! I hope it lasts.

BookNut
06-14-2014, 04:58 AM
Thanks Lisa!! It feels good. Going out tok dinner with the family tonight. Hey world...long time no see!!

Jayne 14
06-14-2014, 05:00 AM
Have a great night !!

BookNut
06-14-2014, 05:00 AM
That's great, Jacquie! I hope it lasts.. At this point even a day is great! I am pulling out all the stops and eating whatever I feel like. I feel like a kid on the first day os summer vacation!!

BookNut
06-14-2014, 05:02 AM
The real normal ?
Sounds great 
Enjoy x

Well I'll probably never be "normal". How boring would THAT be?! Thanks for the good wishes!

BookNut
06-14-2014, 05:05 AM
Have a great night !!

I am planning a great day with family visiting and eating whatever I damn well please. Lovely!! A day without a headache. My head feels a bit like a helium balloon it is so light. Thanks for wishing me well. Hope all is well with you!

Jayne 14
06-14-2014, 05:08 AM
It is well, just quite tired today after being at work
Starting MTX next weekend : as you can't drink and I'm going to see Robbie Williams on Tuesday night I decided to wait till then . Plus I work every other Saturday so next week I'm off
I'm also no where ever normal !!!
And will continue to be Me 🍸🌟👍

pberggren1
06-14-2014, 03:11 PM
This is good news. I pray you will have some relief Jacquie.

Beverly
06-14-2014, 03:45 PM
Hey Jacquie...I am looking forward to hearing about your night out with family:biggrin1: So glad no headache and pray that you will have many more good days:thumbsup:

Alysia
06-14-2014, 06:19 PM
great news and beautiful gift for your bitrhday :hug3:
I hope your day was great :hug1:

BookNut
06-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Thank you everyone! I had an amazing day yesterday. I felt good, and we had a pizza party when my family arrived. My granddaughter is amazing! Today I felt a little sad because everyone else went kayaking - but I just did not have it in me. I LOVE to kayak and hope to get over this fatigue and be able to go soon. But I did enjoy the day. I spent it doing a different favorite thing --- cooking. I made my son's favorite dinner - shepards pie. I should really call it cottage pie, as it is made with ground beef, not ground lamb. Anyway - it has been three weeks since I had the energy to cook. I was exhausted when I was done. But the potatoes that were about to go bad got used, and I had great fun getting a nice meal for the family. Everyone got home exhausted and hungry from their kayaking. They navigated the backwater channels of Lake Ontario which is about 10 miles from our house, and had a great time. My husband picked up his mother (age 90) and we had a lovely meal. I just set the food out and let everyone serve themselves buffet style. I was exhausted but very happy to feel useful!

So - thanks for the good wishes. They worked. Now - off to bed. Father's Day tomorrow, so we will go out to eat. Yay! Going out to someplace other than a doctor's office. Awesome!

LisaT
06-15-2014, 04:45 PM
You just made me hungry for shepherds pie. I'm so glad you felt well and had a good day with your family! Hope the good days continue.

windchime
06-15-2014, 05:12 PM
Happy you are able to enjoy your family. It does help the spirit tremendously. Have fun on Father's Day. No cooking, yay.

annekat
06-16-2014, 12:54 AM
So glad you are having a good birthday/Father's Day weekend!

Pete
06-16-2014, 04:20 AM
Thank you everyone! I had an amazing day yesterday. I felt good, and we had a pizza party when my family arrived. My granddaughter is amazing! Today I felt a little sad because everyone else went kayaking - but I just did not have it in me. I LOVE to kayak and hope to get over this fatigue and be able to go soon. But I did enjoy the day. I spent it doing a different favorite thing --- cooking. I made my son's favorite dinner - shepards pie. I should really call it cottage pie, as it is made with ground beef, not ground lamb. Anyway - it has been three weeks since I had the energy to cook. I was exhausted when I was done. But the potatoes that were about to go bad got used, and I had great fun getting a nice meal for the family. Everyone got home exhausted and hungry from their kayaking. They navigated the backwater channels of Lake Ontario which is about 10 miles from our house, and had a great time. My husband picked up his mother (age 90) and we had a lovely meal. I just set the food out and let everyone serve themselves buffet style. I was exhausted but very happy to feel useful!

So - thanks for the good wishes. They worked. Now - off to bed. Father's Day tomorrow, so we will go out to eat. Yay! Going out to someplace other than a doctor's office. Awesome!

Shepherd's pie is one of my favorite comfort foods!! Glad you had a great day.

BookNut
06-16-2014, 04:27 AM
Thanks Pete, and a very happy Father's Day to you. May your whole year be full of good health and Shepherd's Pie!!

marylz
06-18-2014, 10:14 AM
I make mine with ground beef too- it's yummy. I think I'll put it in the plan for this week!