PDA

View Full Version : Vasculitis Glossary from Johns Hopkins

annekat
06-12-2014, 02:38 AM
Glossary of Vasculitis Terms from the Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center (http://www.hopkinsvasculitis.org/vasculitis/glossary-vasculitis-terms/)
Seems to be a comprehensive glossary of vasculitis terms for all of us, new or more experienced with WG. From here you can also explore the Vasculitis Center at Johns Hopkins, including the docs there. Fun to see a pic of Dr. Seo, who has been talked about on here a lot.

Alysia
06-12-2014, 03:12 AM
thanks Anne. good link :thumbsup: ask andrew to make it a "sticky".

mishb
06-12-2014, 10:10 PM
I have stolen it for a Aussie and NZ fb Group

Thanks Anne, great resource

Debbie C
06-13-2014, 02:29 AM
Great site Anne,thanks for sharing

pberggren1
06-13-2014, 01:24 PM
It is nice they can provide a website like this, especially to see what docs are available. I see some areas are definitely outdated, like treatment for example. I also see no nephrologist listed at all.

annekat
06-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Actually, I just looked and there is a nephrologist listed. She is the third doc listed. At the end there is a list of collaborators from other departments such as ENTS, ophthalmologists, etc. I see what you mean about the treatments not being updated... RTX doesn't seem to be discussed. I've noticed that about a lot of websites, even important medical ones, no one goes to the trouble very often to make sure they are up to date.

pberggren1
06-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Oops.....guessed I missed that. I'm usually half awake.....lol.

At least most of us have good docs that keep us in the loop and then we keep each other in the loop. Thankfully many of our docs are pioneering type docs, not many are.