PDA

View Full Version : Help! Pharmaceutical Companies or Online Pharmacies

BookNut
06-11-2014, 03:43 AM
I am starting on a prophylactic regimen of macrolide antibiotics three times a week. We will be alternating from one type to another. I am very allergic to food dyes. Fortunately they don't cause breathing issues - but they do cause a stinging red rash all over my body. I am having trouble finding a pharmacy that makes Clarithromycin or other macrolides with no dyes. I have the last 90 day supply in a local pharmacy, but they tell me they can not get any more because the company is no longer making it. Does anyone else have this problem - and have you found a company that makes dye free meds? Thanks for any ideas you can send my way!

BookNut
06-11-2014, 11:57 AM
Yay! I have tracked down what I need. Should you ever need a med made up special, either because it is no longer manufactured, or because both the brand names AND the generics contain compounds you cannot tolerate, you need to look for compounding pharmacies with PCAB accreditation. Here is a link:
Accredited Pharmacies | PCAB.org (http://www.pcab.org/accredited-pharmacies)

Debbie C
06-11-2014, 01:01 PM
my pharmacy is also a compounding pharmacy but they are not on the list,but that is good to know where one is if I should need it. Thx and glad you found what you needed