PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Napier

Barbara N
06-05-2014, 06:25 AM
My beautiful Barbara died today after a long session with Wegener's and other horrible things. She was given so much strength by this forum that I wanted to send you all a 'group hug'.
Be strong, Guys, as I know you are.
Lenox

Psyborg
06-05-2014, 06:29 AM
I'm really sad to hear this. You will be in my Prayers Lenox.

annekat
06-05-2014, 06:40 AM
Lenox, this is shocking and heartbreaking news, and it is so good of you to let us know right away. Barbara was one of the most inspiring people on the forum, and we loved her dearly and will miss her profoundly. Tears are spilling as I write this. I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family.

pwc51
06-05-2014, 06:50 AM
Such sad news - our thoughts are with you. Peter

Alysia
06-05-2014, 08:39 AM
Dear Lenox,
I just can't stop crying since I saw your post. I love Barbara so much. she was the most couraegous and strong lady I ever knew. she was so inspiring, loving, wise, funny and sweet.
I want to share with you her last PM to me from 27 May. I hope it can give you some consolation:
here is what she wrote:

Hi Alysia, I just wanted you to know that I think of you often and you are in my prayers. Your kindness towards me is very appreciated. I seem to be getting stronger every day. I am still weak but atA least I don't feel sick and I have some sort of quality of life. The doctors don't understand how I can still be here because after coming off dialysis you should only be able to live 3 weeks maximum and I am going on my 6th week and getting better each day and except for prednesone I am not taking any medication. I will live each day as it comes and make the most of it , the rest is in God's hands. Love aND HUGS, BARBRA.

May God bless her soul.
I hug you Lenox with all my heart.
please stay with us.

Alysia
06-05-2014, 08:43 AM
my dear Barbara,
You know how much I love you
I just can't stop crying
I hope that you are free-pains now
in heaven
teaching the angles to ride their horses
God bless your soul
please take care of us from above

Alysia
06-05-2014, 08:45 AM
http://www.catholicchapterhouse.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Candles.jpg

renidrag
06-05-2014, 08:56 AM
So sorry to read this. My heart and prayers are with you.
Dale

carriej22
06-05-2014, 09:03 AM
Oh no, I am shocked and sad to hear this news.

<3

andrew
06-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Very sad news. So sorry. Her strength was an inspiration to me and many others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoff
06-05-2014, 09:32 AM
So terribly sad to receive this news. I always looked out for Barbara's posts and I admired her tenacity, she will be sorely missed.
We appreciate how hard it must be for you right now Lenox and we can only send you our love and compassion. Please, if you feel able, keep in touch.

pberggren1
06-05-2014, 10:01 AM
I'm so sorry Lenox. We knew this was coming. I think I probably would have made the same choice as Barbara when it came to the dialysis.

newnormaljames
06-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Praying for your family, Barbara.

windchime
06-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Lenox, I'm so sorry for your loss. Barbara was an inspiration to all of us. Although her spirit will be sorely missed down here, I'm sure her spirit is rejoicing with her transformation. She is very loved. Be at peace.

Pete
06-05-2014, 10:46 AM
Lenox,

So sad to hear the news about Barbara. You and we weggies have a new guardian angel now.

Peace...

Jaha
06-05-2014, 10:51 AM
I am so sadden by this news. I am praying for you and your loved ones.She really went thru it and did it with such courage. We all will miss her strength and caring wisdom.

mishb
06-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Lenox, I sent you a message via Barbara's facebook account yesterday and then deleted it before sending, never knowing that this would happen today.

We are all terribly saddened to hear of the passing of your/our beautiful Barbara.

I am truly sorry that this horrible disease, has taken such a lovely lady.
I do believe that she will now be, forever, pain free and able to ride as many horses as she can find.

As everyone else has already said, Barbara was an inspiration to a great many people, and not just in this forum.

With much love to you and your family at this time

drz
06-05-2014, 12:23 PM
My condolences to the family. We can all light a candle for her now on the weggie map. Hope Vdub can do it for us all.

I loved reading about how her riding was usually the best therapy for her many time. I miss her posts to our forum.

Debbie C
06-05-2014, 01:04 PM
Lenox I am fighting my tears,we all loved Barbara,liked I have said before she was one of the strongest women ( or person ) I know on this forum.She was a fighter.But at least she was able to enjoy her horse and you and all those other people who loved her. May you find peace knowing she is no longer in pain but looking over you in a far better place.I will keep you in my prayers and may God be with you thru your loss.:crying:

vdub
06-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Sad news. I'm so sorry to hear this. A candle has been placed on the map for her.

BookNut
06-05-2014, 06:04 PM
There must have been a reason I woke up so early this morning. There is a new angel in heaven. We are all so sad, but so glad that she had you to make her journey easier. Thank you for letting us know, and feel our love surround you.

Fran
06-05-2014, 09:20 PM
Barbara

Goodbye to a very courageous and special lady - we will all miss you.

Sincere condolences to all her family.

Fran

Cathywithwegs
06-05-2014, 11:04 PM
So sorry to hear this, praying for the family,

LisaT
06-05-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I was just starting to get to know Barbara, but from what I have read and others have said about her I have a sense of her strength and love... I'm sorry for your loss, Lenox, and for those on the forum to whom she had become a good friend/Weggie family member. I've started reading her blog (thanks for the link, Alysia) and will continue... She seemed to be an incredible person. I hope God comforts you during your grief. I believe she is now watching over you and your family, her horses, and her weggie friends. And I hope you can find peace and healing in the days and weeks to come. I wish there were more we could say or do to help you.

Barry Forshaw
06-06-2014, 01:55 AM
Very sorry to hear this news. It's desperately sad. My thoughts go out to Barbara's family.

MikeG-2012
06-06-2014, 02:06 AM
I am so sorry for your loss of your lovely wife Lenox. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. Barbara helped so many of her FAMILY here over the years, that she will be dearly missed.

Barbara's passing is a sober reminder that this is indeed a terrible disease, and that we all need to do our part to educate and fight for a CURE! I know Barbara certainly went well and above and beyond trying to educate folks with her time on here as well as with her BLOG.

Please know that you are still part of our family, and we are here for you if you need us!!!

Alysia
06-06-2014, 02:44 AM
Don’t think of her as gone away
Her journey's just begun
Life holds so many facets
This earth is only one.

Just think of her as resting
From the sorrows and the tears
In a place of warmth and comfort
Where there are no days or years.

Think how she must be wishing
That we could know today
How nothing but our sadness
Can really pass away.

And think of her as living
In the hearts of those she touched….
For nothing loved is ever lost
As she was loved so much.

Yvonnea
06-06-2014, 03:59 AM
Such sad news. I remember reading her posts and thinking what a funny and brave lady she was.
I will light a candle here in Sweden for her and your family tonight.

JeanMarie
06-06-2014, 05:39 AM
Lenox, I am so sorry, my prayers for you & your family. May you find peace at this terrible time.

DEE
06-06-2014, 09:31 AM
So sorry to hear this news, thinking of you and your family.

Barbara N
06-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Dear Weggies,
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.
My poor Barbara has gone and I am lonely and sad. Today I am flying out to stay with one of our daughters for a couple of weeks.
In Spain, things move fast. We had a funeral yesterday with many friends present and, as is normal here, so many oddballs and characters came along to pay their respects. I just wanted to rush back to the house and tell her who was there.
She was a Wonder.
You have all helped in making Barbara feel stronger during her time with this terrible disease, which as far as we could tell, no one in Spain seems to have heard of.
My best wishes to you all,
Barbara would say to anyone who was ill (in a horse-rider's joke): 'keep looking straight forward: between the ears'.
Lenox

Alysia
06-06-2014, 07:34 PM
dear lenox,
you and Barbara are blessed to have each other. she will always be with you in her spirit. with us too.
I feel your sadness. such a loss, words are not enough to express.... I cry again ....
please stay with us. you will be less lonely.
I love what she said: 'keep looking straight forward: between the ears'.
I will. we all will. thanks to her. I am sending to you my sincere love and gentle hugs. take care.

Debbie C
06-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Lenox,Thank you for keeping us updated.I hope being at your daughters will bring you some comfort during this time.I love her saying and I also will keep looking forward,between the ears. Take care and my prayers are with you and your family.

BrianR
06-07-2014, 12:31 AM
Like everyone else, I am deeply saddened by this news. Lenox, may you find strength and comfort knowing how much Barbara helped so many through this forum.

annekat
06-07-2014, 02:22 AM
I love what she said: 'keep looking straight forward: between the ears'.
I will. we all will. thanks to her. I am sending to you my sincere love and gentle hugs. take care. Me, too. That is a saying to remember and live by. She was a wise woman. I, too, hope you will keep in touch with us, Lenox, and let us know how you are doing.

marta
06-07-2014, 02:36 AM
'keep looking straight forward: between the ears'.

I love it! What a fantastic motto to live by. In skiing and biking there is a similar concept "don't look at the trees, look at the spaces between the trees" - that way you're always focused on where you want to go rather than where you don't want to go, and as we all know your brain goes where your focus lies.

I'm looking at the wonderful person Barbara was, the positive changes she made, and the lives she touched. I'm so sorry for your loss Lenox. My heart is with you. One day we will all be up there with Barbara, and Jack, and Lightwarrior, and Al and so many others, they're getting the place ready for us so that we can finally have that All Weggie Party we're all dreaming of.

I know when they told me I was dying, I wasn't scared for myself, only for the people I love who would be left behind, so to alleviate the pain from passing on, I think the best thing we can do for our departed friend is to celebrate their time here, the good we've learned from them, and anticipate the day we meet again.

Lots of love Lenox, from the virtual world of Wegener's Granulomatosis.
Marta

rebekah
06-07-2014, 03:57 AM
Oh, I am so sad to hear this. You and your family will be in my prayers.

godgirl
06-07-2014, 04:06 AM
So, so sorry to hear this. It's just so sad. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.

Debbie C
06-07-2014, 05:07 AM
Well said Marta

greenjeep
06-07-2014, 12:27 PM
I joined this forum only lately. I didn't get to communicate with her. But I did read many of her posts and marveled at her courage.
I loved "animo". My wife is Mexican and I had to ask what it meant. I gave chanted animo many times as I was getting chemo or feeling bad.
Here's to you Barbara! Animo!!

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway.

BookNut
06-07-2014, 12:42 PM
Lenox, My dear granddaughter will visit me soon. She is a horse lover. I will "introduce" her to your wonderful wife, and share her wonderful motto:Keep looking forward:between the ears.

I was struck by her candle on the map of Spain. NO other weggies. I feel that is totally impossible, when you see the large number of weggie markers in every other country. And these are only those who have subscribed to this forum. There must be many more. I hope knowledge of the disease can somehow get into the Spanish medical system. I feel there MUST be others who are suffering because of lack of knowledge.

mishb
06-07-2014, 02:07 PM
Every time I read this post and the beautiful things that people have said about Barbara - I end up in tears. Some sad and others happy or proud tears.

I feel that I can now share with you all, the message I mentioned that I sent to Lenox (via Barbara's facebook page) the day before her passing - which I deleted before sending.
I also asked Alysia via private message the day before, if she had heard anything about Barbara and the reason why I asked. Alysia said she was going to check.

You see - I had a dream about Barbara the day before.
She was riding her horse, not this new horse but an older one very similar.
She did not have a face mask on, because she had a nose in my dream.
She was laughing and she had no pain. Her hair was long and flowing out behind her and she was having a great time.
There was also a dog running around the horse and barking and people laughing (I'm not sure what this means).
The last thing she said was "It is going to be alright".

I wrote to tell Lenox of my dream and to let him know that things were going to be okay, however, I decided to delete it because I really didn't want it to mean what I thought it did, and I didn't want to upset him and his family.

I'm sorry Lenox, I hope I am not writing out of turn here :crying:

I look at this dream as her saying that she is now free - free to ride, free of pain and free to live again. This makes me happy :biggrin1:

Why did I have this dream, I have no idea - it just happens to me sometimes. I guess because I had been worrying about her for a few weeks.

Until we meet again Barbara :hug3:

Alysia
06-07-2014, 04:39 PM
My precious Michelle :wub:
thanks you from the bottom of my heart for sharing with us your touching and amazing dream.
it makes me cry again :crying:
your wide heart and deep intuition are beyond words. we are so blessed to have you here with us :love:
your dream is most beautiful gift to give to lenox, a bit of consolation.
it feels so real. I can imagine it so vivid. God knows, maybe this is how Barbara is now, in heaven.
our connection here in the forum is mostly a connection of souls.
soul touchs soul. with kindness. courage. comapssion. caring. and most of all - love.
thank you :biggrin1:

annekat
06-08-2014, 01:04 AM
Me, too, Michelle, I was sort of speechless after I read it..... very beautiful, and thanks for sharing.

BookNut
06-08-2014, 07:06 AM
Oh Michelle. How beautiful. I know that Barbara sent that vision to you, and it will be a comfort to her family. People who have close spiritual connections can sometimes communicate with each other across the unknown barriers. I had an aunt who was very precious to me. She was my English father's sister. In spite of the distance, we were extremely close. We talked every week on the phone and I visited her often throughout my life. She was alone the last few years of her life, and I always worried. But phone charges had blessedly gone down - so I could connect easily. Alas, she had a bad stroke which made her unable to communicate. I was DEVASTATED when I heard this. How was I ever to talk to her from afar? I was beside myself for hours. Then, suddenly, I stopped crying. A feeling of great peace came over me. I said to my family, "It is going to be all right. She will be better." Several difficult months later, she had regained her speech. The first time she was able to talk to me on the phone, she told me what happened the day she realized that she could not talk. That was the day I heard about the stroke. She said she knew there were many people, including me, that would be very worried. So, in her mind, she pictured all her loved ones gathered around her kitchen table. She pictured herself walking around the table, touching each person on the shoulder, and telling them, "I am going to be all right. Please do not worry about me." That was the moment of warmth and peace that I felt that day. I have never forgotten it. I am sure that this is what happened between you and Barbara. It is an amazing thing. And it is wonderful that you were open to receive this communication. Keep it close to your heart. It will warm you always.

KimH
06-08-2014, 10:19 AM
So sad. I am speechless after reading Michelle's post. My prayers to you Lenox.

rif
06-09-2014, 08:37 PM
MY sympathies to you and your family Lenox, Barbara was an amazing woman and so positive about everything. May she rest peacefully.

Rif

Michael Bell
06-10-2014, 07:41 AM
So very sorry to hear of Barbaras passing. She was a rock

Alysia
07-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Hi Lenox. I see that you are on-line. how are you ?
I miss Barbara and I cry whenever I think about her. I belive that she is feeling good now, somewhere above, in a better place. sending hugs to you and to your family. please stay with us.

Debbie C
07-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Michelle, I got goose bumps when I read your dream. I can almost picture it and it was wonderful. I know that is the way she is now..looking forward,between the ears and loving it. Thanks for sharing.

Alysia
07-07-2014, 01:46 AM
maybe, I now understand why you were here yesterday, dear Lenox. I see that today is Barbara's birthday. she sould have being 61yo today. so young :crying: I believe that she is celebrating pain-free birthday with her angels, in a world which is all good....

Barbara N
07-07-2014, 03:15 AM
Picture here: ANIMO: Barbara: 1953 - 2014 (http://animospain.blogspot.com.es/2014/06/my-darling-passed-away-on-wednesday-4th.html)
July 7th is Barbara's birthday, and also the day we married in Gibraltar (1986).

Alysia
07-07-2014, 03:25 AM
thank you for sharing this, Lenox.
Barbara is so beautiful.
I see that you posted the poem. so true.
I miss her. I cry again. and if I do, what would you ?
she is with us always and forever. with her beauty, great spirit, courage and inspiration.
may God bless her soul, and give you strength to go on when she is in another place. better place.
my heart and my prayers are with you, Lenox. please stay with us.

annekat
07-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Lenox, thank you for sharing the beautiful picture and poem. Barbara was about a year younger than I and looks like such a down to earth and delightful person, which I of course already knew from my acquaintance with her here. Prayers are still going out to you and your family as you try to recover from this. We at the forum are missing her deeply as well. I think like Alysia; she is in a place of no pain and great peace, looking down upon you all and smiling just like in the picture.

BookNut
07-07-2014, 01:44 PM
Lenox,

I will be thinking about both of you tomorrow. What a lovely person Barbara was, inside and outside. I love the picture you posted and the poem. Thank you for checking in with us. We mourn with you, but will remember what a help and inspiration she was to everyone here. Surround yourself right now with all the people who loved both Barbara and you. Take care of yourself.

LisaT
07-08-2014, 12:24 AM
My heart goes out to you and your family. I hope that today you can gain strength from everyone's love for Barabara and your good memories, and knowing that she's in a better place. I didn't have the pleasure of getting to know her as I joined the forum fairly recently, but from reading her blog, your words and others' posts I can see what a special and inspiring person she was. I didn't realize how young. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. May you find peace and healing today and in the weeks and months ahead.

lag713
07-09-2014, 02:42 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Lenox. She was a wonderful and beautiful person. I have spent hours looking through her posts here and her blog. I hope you find that you can come here for love and support. We all miss her very much. Although I never had the pleasure of meeting her, I know she has touched my life and the lives of many others.

She is an inspiration.

Alysia
06-05-2015, 04:49 PM
If I am not wrong, yesterday it was a year since Barabara passed.... tears....
who would have believed that my Phil will join her so fast... so young...
there is a weggies Forum up there in heaven... with the best of us...
Rip sweet Barbara. Rip my sweet Phil. Rip sweet weggies.

Alysia
06-05-2015, 06:00 PM
I wonder if Lenox is still around...
I send you prayers & hugs, dear Lenox, I know too well how it feels....

PattyL
06-08-2015, 09:25 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers go out to you and your family.

Alysia
06-20-2015, 07:24 PM
Lenox sent me the folliwing link. Its nice to read: Barbara's thoughts about us after she just came to the Forum
ANIMO: Wegener's Granulomatosis (http://animospain.blogspot.com.es/2014/02/wegeners-granulomatosis.html?m=1)

mishb
06-20-2015, 07:33 PM
I loved reading Barbara's Blog, she was very clever.

drz
06-21-2015, 01:32 PM
I loved reading Barbara's Blog, she was very clever.

And an amazing and strong person too.

Jaha
06-22-2015, 01:04 PM
Alysia, please thank Lennox for us, what a wonderful thing for him to share. I think we sometimes lose site of how we on this forum, lift each other up in our lows. She was a very brave and loving member of our forum family here. She is greatly missed.

Alysia
06-24-2015, 10:10 PM
Alysia, please thank Lennox for us, what a wonderful thing for him to share. I think we sometimes lose site of how we on this forum, lift each other up in our lows. She was a very brave and loving member of our forum family here. She is greatly missed.

Thank you so much. I will let Lenox know about our love to Barbara. I know that he is missing her so much. I totally understand how it feels.....

Alysia
06-30-2015, 03:29 AM
Lenox asked me to send his love to all of us.
I must say that chatting with him feels like chatting with Barbara in a way. they both have similar sense of humor, positivity and warm heart.

annekat
06-30-2015, 03:41 AM
It is so good of you to maintain a connection with Lenox. You two have so much to talk about. I appreciate hearing how he is doing and about his similarities to Barbara. I'm often struck by the fact that, for the most part, Weggies and those close to them are exceptionally nice people.

Alysia
07-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Happy Birythday in heaven, our dear Barbara.
have fun on your day, ride on the clouds with my sweet Phil, and teach the angels how to ride, like you taught us: "keep looking straight forward. Between the ears".

annekat
07-07-2015, 09:58 PM
Happy Birthday, Barbara!!! I wish you were here to celebrate in person and take a ride on your favorite horse! We love you and will miss you forever, until we meet again!

Alysia
06-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Today it is 2 years since our beautiful Barbara flied high... brave, funny, inspiring & sweet lady.. a great warrior.

They have all our best warriors up there in heaven, a parallel wg forum, where dr. Phil is showing around every newbie, and Barbara is teaching them how to ride on the clouds...

Lenox asked me this morning to send his love to all of us. He said that the weggies friendship helped her a lot.

Barbara helped us a lot, with her inspiring courage, great sense of humor, awesome creativity, generous support and caring, kindness & love.

RIP our beautiful Barbara.. we will "keep looking straight forward: between the ears".. untill we meet again.

(Please hug my sweetie for me)

Jaha
06-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Such a cool picture Alysia, in honor of Barbara. She was one of a kind and I will never forget her brave war, she fought. All the Warriors that we have lost have brought to us such wonderfully beautiful memories. Thank you for the posting.

BookNut
06-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Incredibly beautiful picture Alysia!! A beautiful reminder of Barbara's wonderful spirit!

Alysia
07-07-2017, 08:49 PM

Happy Birthday in heaven, our beautiful Barbara.
We keep on looking straight forward... between the ears.
Until we meet again.

annekat
07-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Thank you, Alysia, for reminding us of beautiful Barbara on her birthday. Happy Birthday, Barbara!!!