PDA

View Full Version : Lulled into a false sense of ok-ness...

Ellie
06-03-2014, 03:21 PM
So the weekend was really good, I felt pretty well for most of it. We took the caravan to Bribie Island Friday afternoon and had a very relaxing time. We walked to the pub for dinner Friday night, and it was a slow walk there and back, but I made it (SOB).

Saturday and Sunday we did pretty much nothing...some reading...some movie watching...fair bit of sitting around. The whole time I felt pretty well and started to think maybe this whole thing was in my head.

Till reality reared it's very ugly head on Monday. We had a full day training session and by the end of it I was wiped out...went to bed at 7.30 and slept thru till the alarm went off. Today I feel like crap.

Can it be that simple? That if you do nothing whatsoever you can possibly feel pretty reasonable, but then the least thing that makes you fatigued brings reality rushing back to bite you on the bum? :huh:

LisaT
06-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Yup. I notice it whenever I try to do what would be a normal level of activity for a normal person. I just did it to myself with too much running around the other day and had to practically lie down in a fitting room while my mom got water and a cold cloth because I thought I was going to pass out on the floor. All I did was an errand, lunch, then a long and somewhat frustrating session of clothing shopping with a picky ten-year-old who thinks everything should fit so snugly that there's no fold or wrinkle of extra fabric anywhere. BUT, I learned (again) not to plan too much for one day. I knew before it even began that I shouldn't do the errand before picking up my daughter and heading to the mall, and it was something my mom needed and I didn't want to disappoint her so I did it any way, and sure enough it was too much. I think we need to be really in tune with our energy or lack thereof and listen to ourselves about how much we can handle. I'm still learning. There's always much more that I want to do and need to do than I have strength for. So I'm trying to find a way to be satisfied with doing something or anything, and know the rest will wait. On the days when I really can't do anything I try to distract myself because otherwise it can become a downward spiral emotionally.

MikeG-2012
06-03-2014, 10:57 PM
It does get a little better over time. Not the fatiguing, but you being able to judge how much you can do. I'm sorry to say that, but that's where I am right now. I now have a pretty good handle on how much I can and cannot do ona daily basis. Do I still over do it and crash a day or tow after, yes, but I still need to do that to see if I can increase my activity a little bit once in a while.

renidrag
06-04-2014, 01:02 AM
As Mike said it does get better over time. If you haven't read about the spoon theory, google it. It is really true and I use it daily. The hard part is knowing you are doing too much but you can't stop.
Dale

MikeG-2012
06-04-2014, 01:15 AM
As Mike said it does get better over time. If you haven't read about the spoon theory, google it. It is really true and I use it daily. The hard part is knowing you are doing too much but you can't stop.
Dale
I agree Dale. My wife asks me quite a bit, "So, how many spoons do you have left?" It's so nice when that number is higher than the previous day! (-8

annekat
06-04-2014, 06:37 AM
Yep, and if you aren't sure how many spoons you have left, err on the side of not enough spoons. Preserve them, as you don't always know how soon you'll get more.

MikeG-2012
06-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Yep, and if you aren't sure how many spoons you have left, err on the side of not enough spoons. Preserve them, as you don't always know how soon you'll get more.

Sounds like spoon hoarding Anne!! (-8 LOL!

annekat
06-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Sounds like spoon hoarding Anne!! (-8 LOL! Yep, that's what it is, Mike!:smile1:

LisaT
06-04-2014, 12:49 PM

Good point. My spoons are all gone right now. :crying: Wishing I'd seen it coming I wouldn't have wasted so much energy trying to get my kids to stop arguing during their water fight.

LisaT
06-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Anybody have a few extra spoons to lend a weggie friend? :hug1:

Dirty Don
06-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Rattle, rattle, clink, clink...here's some...I don't need mine right now! Hang tough and be steadfast!

annekat
06-04-2014, 02:12 PM
I wish I did!

LisaT
06-04-2014, 04:00 PM
You know if you gave them to me I'd pass them on to whoever needs them more... :hug2: Too bad we can't all share spoons as needed, like communism, from each according to his ability, to each according to need...

Alysia
06-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Anybody have a few extra spoons to lend a weggie friend? :hug1:

here is one. all rights reserved to Mich who found it on fb....

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000839127/polls_omg_spoon_cat_0505_541843_poll_xlarge.jpeg

LisaT
06-05-2014, 01:50 AM
It's perfect!