PDA

View Full Version : awkward question

murmur
06-01-2014, 09:19 AM
Ok so I am on a low dose of pred and only getting RTX once every 3 months. My immune system is just about normal, minus the b cells. Is it ok to have safe sex?

Dirty Don
06-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Awkward answer: yes

mishb
06-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Non awkward answer - YES

When wasn't it okay ???

Michael Bell
06-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Yes, enjoy.
Mike

Debbie C
06-01-2014, 11:07 PM
I guess you have your answer. Have fun !!! :)

Alysia
06-02-2014, 01:29 AM
Non awkward answer - YES

When wasn't it okay ???

hey, but she is only 16 yo....
are'nt you, murmur ?
my daghter is 17 yo, and if she will ask me that question, I will advice her to wait a bit more...
sorry for being conservative.... :blushing:
not wg-related of course....

mishb
06-02-2014, 11:57 AM
hey, but she is only 16 yo....
are'nt you, murmur ?
my daghter is 17 yo, and if she will ask me that question, I will advice her to wait a bit more...
sorry for being conservative.... :blushing:
not wg-related of course....

Excellent point :thumbsup:

Non Awkward Answer - No, definitely not, never ever :ohmy::wink1:

Lilly
06-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Having 3 sisters and watching them raise their children, I agree with your point Alysia 16 is so young, I am glad she said "safe sex", but like I said, so so young. Of course Im not one to judge...I had a baby at 17! He was adopted, my decision, because my boyfriend became abusive after we had sex. But it sure would be nice to have "fun" now! Being divorced for 4 years has NOT been easy! LOL!! I know,,,,,I know,,,,, TMI !!!! So That's all I will say about that! :-)

Lilly
06-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Hi Murmur, Nice to meet you. There is never a question too awkward! So don't ever hesitate to ask! And I had no idea you were 16 till I read on, and so it is mature to plan on "safe sex". Im glad to hear you say that~ Take care, and glad you are feeling good! :-)

Alysia
06-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Excellent point :thumbsup:

Non Awkward Answer - No, definitely not, never ever :ohmy::wink1:

never say never :wink1: 18yo is being adult so.....

mishb
06-02-2014, 10:51 PM
never say never :wink1: 18yo is being adult so.....

Mine are in their 20's but they're still my kids :ohmy::lol::smile1:

Alysia
06-03-2014, 03:29 AM
Mine are in their 20's but they're still my kids :ohmy::lol::smile1:

of course. I meant adult enough for sex :blushing:

murmur
06-03-2014, 06:51 AM
I only asked about if it was ok with wg... not my age.

murmur
06-03-2014, 06:53 AM
Thank you and I am!

murmur
06-03-2014, 07:18 AM
I think being "adult enough" for sex isn't a specific age; it's your own choice.
of course. I meant adult enough for sex :blushing:

annekat
06-03-2014, 07:41 AM
I only asked about if it was ok with wg... not my age. Count me as one who is not passing judgement on your age..... but I hope you realize that WG is not contagious in any way so can't be passed to anyone through sex, coughing, needles, drinking out of the same glass, or any of those sorts of things. So, sex with WG isn't something to worry about, no matter what stage of your treatment.

murmur
06-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Thank you!

drz
06-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Count me as one who is not passing judgement on your age..... but I hope you realize that WG is not contagious in any way so can't be passed to anyone through sex, coughing, needles, drinking out of the same glass, or any of those sorts of things. So, sex with WG isn't something to worry about, no matter what stage of your treatment.

The exception might be if treatment has wiped out your WBC and you are at high risk for an infection, then any infection could be serious. At this stage we usually avoid crowds and wear a germ mask to keep from catching anything and wash our hands after any handshake or going out. But then again at this stage you are probably feeling too weak to think about engaging in any sexual activity either.

Lilly
06-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Murmer, I hope you don't think I was judging your age at all......I hope you are never afraid to ask any questions. I think there are a lot of ladies on here that have daughters, and have gone through the youth of their precious daughters and it brought back memories! But we all love you here and your age is not an issue, except having wegeners young just means you will learn a lot about it, and we are here to help you thru it. You are definitely asking some very good questions, and for that you are headed down the right path. This disease takes getting used to, and learning about it takes time. And sometimes you have to ask "tender or awkward" questions to people you can trust with the answers! Take care, and Im glad we are friends.Ask me anything!

mishb
06-03-2014, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry love - we were only teasing, and for that I am also sorry :blushing::smile1::hug2:

You are absolutely correct that age has nothing to do with the question ........and if you were one of my daughters, you would have just told me to shut up :razz:

Lilly is correct in that, whether it was for you or not, it was a great question for others who may or may not have been aware

Alysia
06-04-2014, 01:13 AM
Dear murmur.
I am sorry if I hurt your feelings and if I did, please get my sincere apology.
I am still standing behind my words and I wrote them out of caring, like you were my daughter.
We are not only weggies here, but first of all and mostly – human beings.
One of the greatest beauties of this forum is that we are coming from such different places, all around the world, with different religions and opinions, we don’t have to accept each other's opionions but we can openly share and respect.
Whatever you choose to do, I wish you happiness, love and health :hug1:
And continue to write, awkward and non-awkward questions…. :wink1:

annekat
06-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Thanks, drz, for pointing out that we are more susceptible to infections if our treatment is wiping out our WBC. And in a close situation like sex, we might catch something more easily, whether it be a cold or whatever. But it wouldn't be the sex itself doing it.

And I also didn't mean to pass judgement on those who were mentioning the age factor here.... I have no kids, so haven't had to face that issue with someone of that age. But it was clear that the question was not about age and the one that was asked was an important one to the person asking it.