PDA

View Full Version : Rituxan - already had 4 infusions now I have swelling in my feet and one leg

Meredith
05-30-2014, 12:48 AM
Just finished my Rituxan infusions (4) a couple of weeks ago. 3 days ago my feet and left knee became swollen. I am coming down off pred's. now on 10mg. Anyone else have this issue. I have been drinking a lot of water.

Dirty Don
05-30-2014, 01:36 AM
Could be a separate issue. I don't recall hearing or having much swelling on the drugs or because of WG. Well, pred did make me inflate some, but not localized like that. Best to you.

Alysia
05-30-2014, 02:29 AM
I think you should ask a doc about it. and do your labs.
for me, the influence of rtx started only after 3 months. but for others it was faster.

Pete
05-30-2014, 02:39 AM
I agree with Don. It's probably something else unrelated to rituxan. Rituxan takes 6 weeks to 3 months to take full effect.

Good luck!

murmur
06-01-2014, 09:21 AM
I had a little swelling in my knees just from getting any kind of infusion; it was probably just fluid build up. I would ask your doc if its getting a little out of hand. RTX shouldn't have any side effects.

drz
06-01-2014, 04:32 PM
I had a little swelling in my knees just from getting any kind of infusion; it was probably just fluid build up. I would ask your doc if its getting a little out of hand. RTX shouldn't have any side effects.

All meds can have side effects, some are good ones and why the med is prescribed. Some are undesirable and the cost of getting the benefit from the med. Anyone can have a reaction to any drug, even if they have taken it with no problems many times. Assessing and monitoring and managing the side effects of meds is probably the most challenging role of any physician.

newnormaljames
06-05-2014, 09:23 AM
I also just had my 4th infusion as well. I feel a general sense of malaise and tiredness but more pronounced than during precious infusions. Granted I am only on Rituxan, nothing else. For this I am grateful.

mrtmeo
08-24-2014, 12:39 PM
My mom has this issue and she still has it 33 days after infusions.
Her abdomen is also, swollen.
I believe hers is due to low albumin and maybe some from prednisone.

Bing505z
08-25-2014, 11:55 AM
I believe Pred' (all steroids in general) cause swelling. I have taken Furosemide to reduce swelling. With your Rituxan dose you should be getting a massive dose of Pred' (120mg is what I got with each treatment). Ask your Doc to write you an order for Furosemide (take it in the morn' and not at night ... lots and lots of peeing ... wink wink)