PDA

View Full Version : I whipped Wegeners today because....

Geoff
05-27-2014, 02:49 AM
We all know that there are highs and lows living with this illness and sometimes it appears that we are constantly down, fighting tooth and nail for fear of giving up. The anxiety of a possible flare, health deterioration or realisation that our lives will never be fun, happy or "normal" again.
I realise that there are many Weggies who are living a life greater encumbered by WG and I thank my lucky stars that I have 'survived' 6 years now since DX. I have however gone thru a 'shed' load of different drugs and 2 years ago hit rock bottom when the hospital called me to say that my latest results showed that I was losing the fight. However; RTX has turned a corner for me and although this year I have experienced chronic lung infections, I have enjoyed 4 weeks of comparitive peaces and joy.
This last week I have 'crashed' on 3 days but yesterday I bounced up and felt great, so much so that we invited my son, daughter in law and 2 year old granduaghter over for a family BBQ. I was able to zip around, sort out the drinks, play with my G'daughter and cook up a storm of keebabs, steak and bangers (sausages to you). It felt great and so I thought I would start a different type of thread where we can 'imagine' that for one day, two or even longer we locked that old Wegs dog away in his kennel!!
So in answer to the thread title.....

I PUT TOGETHER A GREAT FAMILY BBQ!! (and nobody got food poisoning!!! Lol) :thumbsup:

Alysia
05-27-2014, 03:15 AM
Hi Geoff,
I am so glad that you feel better :thumbup: overcoming that dreadful-wg-roaller-coaster :crying: :scared:
I was not here 2 years ago, so if there is a thread about what you have being through, I will be glad to read it....
Thanks God you are saved, with us :love: and enjoy life :hug1:

as for the thread: wonderful idea, inspiraion and playfullness are always so healthy.... :thumbsup:

ok, so here is my line:

I wipped WG today because.... I did some shopping (oh, yes :rolleyes1:) ... I bought a new bag, (replacing the old one with the sad memories), a new robe (turquoise color, tight, for the summer), 3 shorts (it is summer here) and face cream..... Ha, girls' pleasures.... :wink1:

Jaypfei
05-27-2014, 07:19 AM
I whipped Wegs today....... Because I got up this morning and made all my Father's Day cards. Now I don't have to scramble to get them made at the last minute. :)

Dirty Don
05-27-2014, 08:35 AM
I beat WG today cuz I shot a 76! Pete...???

pwc51
05-27-2014, 09:47 AM
I sat on the sofa today as it was so miserable with rain! But managed to make good progress with the PTA accounts! Yesterday was a different story - the sun shone and I went for a walk, nearly 2 hours. It does so much for my well being!

MikeG-2012
05-27-2014, 09:48 AM
It WAS whipping me this weekend. I learned that when on a boatload of steroids, the RTX infusions are NOTHING, but without, it whipped me pretty good this weekend, UNTIL TODAY! I tilled up the flower beds with the mini roto-tiller, mowed the grass, dug up a corner of the driveway and made a rounded corner with pot-hole patch (even pounding/packing the patch with a 15# sledge hammer), mowed the grass, cooked brats for lunch, cut the watermelon, fixed the deck wheels on the big riding mower, had a root beer float for supper, and I almost have enough energy for a shower. So take that Wegeners!

Thanks for starting this thread Geoff!!! I needed a place to celebrate too!!

Beverly
05-27-2014, 10:00 AM
Thank you Geoff for great idea!! I whipped Wegeners today because I was able to get up earlier than normal, get dressed and go to town with my husband to have breakfast with his cousin and wife. The meal was so good! They visited with us for 2 days which like for many of you can be very tiring. So, today I won :biggrin1:

Pete
05-27-2014, 10:28 AM
I beat WG today cuz I shot a 76! Pete...???

The only "club" I used today was a pair of pruning shears. Still, I whipped wegs today because I spent most of the day working my flower gardens!

mishb
05-27-2014, 11:30 AM
The day has only started for me. I have just finished breakfast and have a day off work, so have no idea what it will bring.
I WILL whip it though, because...........well, I woke up and got out of bed :thumbsup:

LisaT
05-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Hi Geoff,
I am so glad that you feel better :thumbup: overcoming that dreadful-wg-roaller-coaster :crying: :scared:
I was not here 2 years ago, so if there is a thread about what you have being through, I will be glad to read it....
Thanks God you are saved, with us :love: and enjoy life :hug1:

as for the thread: wonderful idea, inspiraion and playfullness are always so healthy.... :thumbsup:

ok, so here is my line:

I wipped WG today because.... I did some shopping (oh, yes :rolleyes1:) ... I bought a new bag, (replacing the old one with the sad memories), a new robe (turquoise color, tight, for the summer), 3 shorts (it is summer here) and face cream..... Ha, girls' pleasures.... :wink1:

Why did your old bag have sad memories? I love a good shopping spree. Glad you had fun.

LisaT
05-27-2014, 12:45 PM
It WAS whipping me this weekend. I learned that when on a boatload of steroids, the RTX infusions are NOTHING, but without, it whipped me pretty good this weekend, UNTIL TODAY! I tilled up the flower beds with the mini roto-tiller, mowed the grass, dug up a corner of the driveway and made a rounded corner with pot-hole patch (even pounding/packing the patch with a 15# sledge hammer), mowed the grass, cooked brats for lunch, cut the watermelon, fixed the deck wheels on the big riding mower, had a root beer float for supper, and I almost have enough energy for a shower. So take that Wegeners!

Thanks for starting this thread Geoff!!! I needed a place to celebrate too!!

My garden is in need of a little tlc if you need something more to do!

pberggren1
05-27-2014, 01:17 PM
I whipped Wegs today because I my driver drove me to see my Nephrologist in Regina.........:thumbup:

Debbie C
05-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Geoff,this was a great idea. It's so good to hear people having the energy and feeling good to do something.I beat WG today also because I woke up to a beautiful day. Made breakfast and ate outside while watching 5 deer in my backyard. Then went for a bike ride to the lake with my boyfriend.On the way there a BIG cow was running down the freeway way right at us but ran off the road up a hill before he got to us . It was so big I thought it was a horse !!then went back to his house to cookout and I planted some tomato plants and then took a walk after dinner.Now I am at home talking to my friends !! GREAT DAY:thumbsup:

MikeG-2012
05-27-2014, 02:44 PM
My garden is in need of a little tlc if you need something more to do!

Sorry Lisa! Wore out. Maybe next Memorial Day? (-8

Alysia
05-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Why did your old bag have sad memories?

memories of feeling too sick, of pains, of loneliness, of too heavy to carry on.... but they belong to another thread..... the point is that I had enough energy to go for shopping because there are days in which I am depleted of energy to do it....

gilders
05-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Although I still have more investigations to go I feel I've been whipping Wegs and possible other illnesses since 3 Wednesdays ago.
The reason being my bone and bone marrow biopsy results came back clear. They still don't know why my red blood cells (which are made in the marrow) are getting pushed into my blood stream before they're fully developed. But at least it meant I could fly to Cyprus 2 weeks ago.
I'm now sat waiting for my delayed flight to London. Then the onward flight to Manchester the morning after.
For the last 3 months its been 3 hospital visits per week. This 2 week break in the sun has done me wonders.

LisaT
05-28-2014, 04:03 AM
Ok, I have no earth-shattering accomplishments to report, but i whipped Wegs because I'm not letting it destroy my peace of mind today. This is a hard thing for me to do! But I'm determined...

Geoff
05-28-2014, 06:10 AM
You crazy lot really brought a smile to my face today. :biggrin1: I love the images I'm getting of you all cracking on with 'Life' as we know it and enjoying those silly little things we all would once take for granted.
Well I must have fed the Wegs dog a good bone because today I was up at 6am to drive our car to a different garage/service station for a major service. Whilst the car was getting oiled/greased up and filters changed, I visited my old work place and shot the breeze with former colleagues and great friends. Got some flowers for my secretary and 2 bags of lip smacking doughnuts for the crew.
All in all a "Fine Day" :hug3:

MikeG-2012
05-28-2014, 10:47 AM
Ok, I have no earth-shattering accomplishments to report, but i whipped Wegs because I'm not letting it destroy my peace of mind today. This is a hard thing for me to do! But I'm determined...

You go Lisa! One day at a time, one small victory at a time too! I wouldn't have made it this far without a small victory here and there!

drz
05-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Although I still have more investigations to go I feel I've been whipping Wegs and possible other illnesses since 3 Wednesdays ago.
The reason being my bone and bone marrow biopsy results came back clear. They still don't know why my red blood cells (which are made in the marrow) are getting pushed into my blood stream before they're fully developed. But at least it meant I could fly to Cyprus 2 weeks ago.
I'm now sat waiting for my delayed flight to London. Then the onward flight to Manchester the morning after.
For the last 3 months its been 3 hospital visits per week. This 2 week break in the sun has done me wonders.

I had a med that was causing my red blood cells to have poor development but after i quit it my anemia got better and even improved to almost normal limits in two years.

mishb
05-28-2014, 11:39 PM
I was kicking butt today. Went back to work after 5 days off :thumbsup:
Got everything up to date that was left over the week I was away :thumbsup:
Left work on time and walked to the train station - 15 minutes away :hug3:

My train was already at the station when I got there, so thought I could do a little shuffle type jog thingy up the ramp to the platform and hop on the train before it left.
BANG!!! someone or something shot out my calf muscle :crying::sad:

Apparently it is not my calf muscle but my Achilles tendon, which the doctor thinks has torn partially or fully from the bone :crying: (I don't believe it though)
An ultrasound will reveal all tomorrow. At the moment my leg from the knee down, is in a plaster cast......which they will cut off for the ultrasound tomorrow.
- I still think that it is my calf muscle. We'll see who is correct :razz:

Anyway, weggies has tried to kick me down for nearly 5 years and hasn't succeeded, so this isn't going to succeed either.

I think I will wait a few days before I whip wegeners again :wink1:

Dirty Don
05-29-2014, 01:03 AM
If it was the Achilles, you'd be in great pain and probably not walking much if at all! Partial tears are difficult to diagnose until MRI, but a full tear is like a window blind rolling up tight in the back of your calf...seen too many of them...not fun...hope you get it fixed soon whichever it is. I had a partial tear in my shoulder: took 9 months. I asked how long if they cut me: 6-9 months...and if they didn't: 6-9 months...I ran out of the office!! LOL! Takes months to heal no matter which level of damage you have...minimum.

windchime
05-29-2014, 03:17 AM
Feel better Michelle and good luck with the ultra sound. Stay off it and of course elevate. Sending you healing vibes and hugs. :hug2::hug2:

Alysia
05-29-2014, 03:33 AM
Oh, Mich :crying: I am so sorry :crying:
at least it was not while the train was starting to move :w00t: (trying to find something positive :unsure: )
I don't understand which diagnosis is "better", but I pray that you will recover soon, with minimal pains if possible. I saw it earlier on fb. your leg looks interesting :w00t: I hope that you are not suffering too much...
sending lots of prayers and hugs and endless love :hug1:
I wish I was your neighbour, then I would have cooked something delicious for you :cool1:
good luck at the ultra sound.

annekat
05-29-2014, 05:45 AM
Thinking of you, Michelle, as you try to make sense of this.... am very interested in what the ultrasound will show. I'm so sorry this happened right when you were feeling exuberant enough to do a little shuffle/jog thing at a moment's notice! I'm hoping for the least severe dx and best possible prognosis.

renidrag
05-29-2014, 06:35 AM
I'm scratching the shuffle jog thingy off my list of things I may do. Good luck Michelle. Reminds me of a time about three years ago, Deb and I were crossing a pretty busy street, she said let's go, I had to hold her back and wait til there were no cars coming at all and then crossed the street. When we got to the other side, she looked at me and said you will never run again will you? Sadly, no. There are worse things.
Dale

KimH
05-29-2014, 07:03 AM
I beat the Achilles tendon tear last year. Limped for months! I beat wegs and have been working in my garden and going to Yoga. Unfortunately the prednisone has won a minor battle and I have a stress fracture in L1 and L 2. I still won because I have all my flowers on the porch. I get to go to PT and learn safe ways to get this body moving. MOSTLY I whip wegeners every day because all of you are there and are my friends. Just by writing that I smiled.

chars101
05-29-2014, 09:13 AM
Hi my name is Char. I am having an AWESOME month. I found out I had WG in July 2012. Everything went down hill. Read about this and really got bummed out. Than, with the help of my family, I turned it over to the Lord. He says that he never gives us more thatn we can handle. Well the Lord and I are handling this really good. Last year at this time was totally different. But not this year. My grtandson and I go to the park almost every night after supper. We have a ton of fun. He is only 4, but he never stops moving. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with him, but I give it a good try. So WG take that.

mishb
05-29-2014, 11:59 AM
That is an awesome report chars101 - and welcome to the forum.

Hey all, I found an Unlike button :thumbsup:
I pushed Like on Don's post - and it's a miracle - I could then press Unlike (it felt good) :flapper: Don, sorry but I don't like your post :wink1:
Dale, your post had me laughing so thankyou
Alysia, food sent via hyperspace is low in calories and I hear that it will not cause any weight gain - so send away :drool:
Drz, thankyou for your message :biggrin1:

Thankyou everyone. All is good, it is another day and I intend to WHIP it, one way or another.

Alysia
05-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Hi my name is Char. I am having an AWESOME month. I found out I had WG in July 2012. Everything went down hill. Read about this and really got bummed out. Than, with the help of my family, I turned it over to the Lord. He says that he never gives us more thatn we can handle. Well the Lord and I are handling this really good. Last year at this time was totally different. But not this year. My grtandson and I go to the park almost every night after supper. We have a ton of fun. He is only 4, but he never stops moving. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with him, but I give it a good try. So WG take that.
welcome to the Forum, Char :)
if and when you will feel like, you are invited to tell your story in details. (you can open a new thread in "new members introduction")
for sure, we couldnt have made it without the help of God.
thanks for your sharing.

Alysia
05-29-2014, 05:05 PM
it is another day and I intend to WHIP it, one way or another.
of course you will :hug1::wub:

mishb
05-29-2014, 09:08 PM
I won the bet - it is a torn calf muscle, not a torn Achilles.....but hey what do I know, I told the doctor it wasn't my Achilles, but I guess I haven't had 8 plus years of medical school and training.
One good thing came out of it - she now knows what wegener's is :thumbsup:

To give her the benefit of her medical training - the Achilles tendon runs up from the heel to in between the two calf muscles, so she could have been right.

A torn calf is such a better prognosis than the Achilles so I will take that - and therefore WHIP wegeners again :hug3:

acker
05-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Hi Geoff, I love this idea of going on the positive times, if only for a day or so. I whipped mine at the week end, a friend organized a party in the park for loads of us who hadn't seen each other for years, it was a great day out in the sun and I managed to ferry all the food and drink there for him ( I was in the car, couldn't do it on my motorbike ) the great thing about my friend, who is an ex fireman, and has helped me out in the past, is that this guy suffered a huge brian tumour a few years ago followed by another one in his stomach a year later. He has massive scarring on his head, and has to wear a bag as well. But this guy is one of the most positive guys I have ever met, and will help anyone who is in trouble if he can. dispite not being able to drive anymore, nor does his wife, he cycles around with a trailer on his bike and does building work, plumbing and electrical jobs ( he is qualified in all these skills ) What an inspiration to us all he is !!! Being an ex biker himself, we have banter between us all the time. He calls me the silly old fart on a bike, and I call him the crippled plumber. Keep smiling everyone. Acker :hug3:

drz
05-30-2014, 01:40 AM
I won the bet - it is a torn calf muscle, not a torn Achilles.....but hey what do I know, I told the doctor it wasn't my Achilles, but I guess I haven't had 8 plus years of medical school and training.
One good thing came out of it - she now knows what wegener's is :thumbsup:

To give her the benefit of her medical training - the Achilles tendon runs up from the heel to in between the two calf muscles, so she could have been right.

A torn calf is such a better prognosis than the Achilles so I will take that - and therefore WHIP wegeners again :hug3:

Good news, the lesser of two bad things, right?:smile1:

annekat
05-30-2014, 02:28 AM
Glad to hear you were right, Michelle... goes to show we know more than our doctors about our own bodies, after all, we are in them 24/7.
Nice of you to give her some recognition, too, for her expertise, and good of you to educate her about Wegs. Hoping for a quick healing process and full recovery soon.

Squiggled
05-30-2014, 03:24 PM
I won because I realized that it wasnt the wegeners that was making me grumpy, sore, backache, cramps, want chocolate, it is PMS!!! Hate my life lol

annekat
05-30-2014, 04:47 PM
I won because I realized that it wasnt the wegeners that was making me grumpy, sore, backache, cramps, want chocolate, it is PMS!!! Hate my life lol Ah, those days are over for me..... not that I'm never grumpy and want chocolate.

tankerB25
05-31-2014, 04:08 AM
Geoff, What a great idea! I wipped wegeners today by putting my braces on and going to the gym...feels great! Thanks Geoff

MikeG-2012
05-31-2014, 04:48 AM
My small victory was bittersweet. In six hours, I went through all my drawers and closet and I packed up all my old clothes that are 3-4 waist sizes ago. Bags of stuff to go to the Easter Seals thrift store in Madison next time we are there.

Sad ad moment, but if and when I ever get back to that size again, I will have to celebrate by going shopping for new clothes! (-8

acker
05-31-2014, 05:09 AM
My small victory was bittersweet. In six hours, I went through all my drawers and closet and I packed up all my old clothes that are 3-4 waist sizes ago. Bags of stuff to go to the Easter Seals thrift store in Madison next time we are there.

Sad ad moment, but if and when I ever get back to that size again, I will have to celebrate by going shopping for new clothes! (-8

Great !! I love the sentiment. Acker :biggrin1:

renidrag
05-31-2014, 06:15 AM
OK third try. Yesterday I whipped Wegner's by building a planter and repurposing corners from an old gazebo to a trellis. Finished with plantings today. Felt good. Changed my avatar to show, didn't know how to download pic to reply.
Dale

windchime
05-31-2014, 01:05 PM
Today I got a massage,,,,,mmmmm felt sooo good. Also went to lunch with a friend, went to the animal hospital to visit my sick kittie, got what little hair I have left whacked off, and went shopping. Oh yeah also irritated my son.......awww too bad. All in all a good day. :thumbsup:

Michael Bell
06-02-2014, 04:04 AM
I whipped wegs today by returning back to work after 12 days off. Love this thread.
Mike

Michael Bell
06-12-2014, 04:36 PM
I do not know if I beat wegs today but at 04:00
I had the joy of standing within 8 feet of a wild badger for about 3 minutes, I barely dared breath as I stood and watched it snuffling in the grass at the side of the path. He looked up and saw me and we made eye contact, then he just walked calmly on his way. It is amazing what I see in the way of wildlife when on nights at the college where I work. Better than any tonic. If wegs tries to beat me today I will just tell it to sod off.
Mike

annekat
06-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Well, I don't know much about badgers, so googled them, and found that the European badgers are bigger than the American ones, and that they are unsurpassed in being able to take something fiercely in their jaws and not let go. So this could have been pretty scary and gotten the old adrenaline going, if your adrenals are functioning, that is. So I guess making it through that stressful experience without any increase in symptoms could qualify as beating Wegs, on some level. :cool1:

Michael Bell
06-13-2014, 06:47 AM
Badgers will not attack unless provoked. This one was more interested in finding its breakfast than being agressive. It is wonderful to be that close to wildlife, and I did not feel threatened at any point in our brief encounter. I left work this morning with a feeling of euphoria, which is something I have not experienced since I got wegs.
Mike

annekat
06-13-2014, 07:59 AM
Badgers will not attack unless provoked. This one was more interested in finding its breakfast than being agressive. It is wonderful to be that close to wildlife, and I did not feel threatened at any point in our brief encounter. I left work this morning with a feeling of euphoria, which is something I have not experienced since I got wegs.
Mike I'm very glad to hear that it was such a positive experience, and to be educated about badgers. I have had some encounters with raccoons lately, which were somewhat confrontational because I was trying to keep them away from feral cats who were being fed. However, I did not feel threatened or in danger, as the coons backed off and hid in the bushes. We did have eye contact, which I liked. Yes, it is special to be in contact with wild creatures, and I'm glad it left you feeling euphoric!

vdub
06-13-2014, 05:37 PM
I'm doing something right. I've felt good for about 2 months and only had 2 crashes during that time. Each crash only lasted about 36 hrs and I just slept continuously. And, I have now set a record for not being in hospital -- 9 months! I hope this continues.... I have a lot of catching up to do.

pberggren1
06-13-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm doing something right. I've felt good for about 2 months and only had 2 crashes during that time. Each crash only lasted about 36 hrs and I just slept continuously. And, I have now set a record for not being in hospital -- 9 months! I hope this continues.... I have a lot of catching up to do.

I think I put you in the hospital last......:sad:

vdub
06-13-2014, 06:21 PM
Yes you were there, but I don't think you were the cause. :-) I'm not sure what happened that time, but they sure put me through a lot of tests.

pberggren1
06-13-2014, 06:26 PM
I think it may just have all been too much for you at the time soon after your thyroid surgery.

vdub
06-13-2014, 07:10 PM
You're right... It only been a week or so since the thyroid had been removed. I had forgotten about that and they were concerned about calcium levels. Helena had a nice hospital.

pberggren1
06-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Hopefully I can make it out your way again some time.

LisaT
06-14-2014, 12:13 AM
I whipped Wegener's yesterday because I rationed spoons and made it to the WG support group dinner in new Westminster, BC! I met a lovely group of about 10 Weggies and some of their spouses/caregivers, and had a delicious plate of gluten-free pasta and veggies. :drool: Earlier in the day, I resisted the very strong urge to do some errands on my way home from my ENT appt so I could make sure I got home in time for a nap... One of the hardest things in accepting my illness has been accepting my new limits and trying to learn to pace myself and quit while I'm ahead. So basically, I whipped Wegs because I didn't push myself too hard and sabotage an important evening plan. Little victories...:wink1:

LisaT
06-14-2014, 07:09 AM
Today is probably our last school day before the full strike for which our teachers have now given 72-hour notice. I have a ton of things I was planning to do to get organized and ready for the summer. I whipped Wegener's again today becauseI've ignored all of them and I've worked hard all morning at catching up on the Bachelorette, keeping the couch and the dog warm, and protecting my family from bad carbs by eating the salt and vinegar chips and chocolate. What I wouldn't do for my kids... It's a sacrifice, but they deserve it. Now, for a hard-earned nap. :flapper:

Pete
06-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Today is probably our last school day before the full strike for which our teachers have now given 72-hour notice. I have a ton of things I was planning to do to get organized and ready for the summer. I whipped Wegener's again today becauseI've ignored all of them and I've worked hard all morning at catching up on the Bachelorette, keeping the couch and the dog warm, and protecting my family from bad carbs by eating the salt and vinegar chips and chocolate. What I wouldn't do for my kids... It's a sacrifice, but they deserve it. Now, for a hard-earned nap. :flapper:

It's a nasty job, but someone has to do it!! :glare:

pberggren1
06-14-2014, 11:41 AM
Thanks for bringing such a good attitude to the Forum sweetie.

LisaT
06-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Thanks for bringing such a good attitude to the Forum sweetie.

Well, now I've seen everything. I've never before been accused of having a good attitude. :thumbsup: I'm trying. It's no fun wallowing for too long. I think you and all the others on the forum have helped a lot. :hug1:My attitude has improved with not feeling so alone despite being surrounded by people.

pberggren1
06-14-2014, 03:07 PM
You are a very easy person to like and get along with. Very lovable indeed.

Alysia
06-14-2014, 06:15 PM

thanks for the laugh :lol: :love: :hug1:
things that I still need to learn to do :wink1:

LisaT
06-15-2014, 01:48 AM
You are a very easy person to like and get along with. Very lovable indeed.
And YOU are impossible NOT to love...:love:

Alysia
06-15-2014, 07:12 PM
And YOU are impossible NOT to love...:love:

absolutely. definitely. completely. :wub:
I have some more words, but the point seems clear :biggrin1:

Michael Bell
06-26-2014, 05:08 PM
I beat Wegs today after completing a 12 hour night shift following a 9.5 hour night shift supervising the students summer ball at the college where I work. It was a great night but I was on my feet all night( we finished at 03;30) and I must have walked miles. December before the next ball so my poor feet may have recovered by then.
Mike

Geoff
06-27-2014, 06:04 AM
Terrific Michael!! When you say you were on your feet all night, were you throwing a 'few shapes' and hogging the dance floor???!!!

Michael Bell
06-27-2014, 06:59 AM
Not me Geoff, I have two very large and uncontrolable left feet, and arms that only seem to want to imitate the actions of a windmill in a gale.
Mike

Geoff
06-27-2014, 07:16 AM
Ha! I've seen that move on the floor and its quite something! Before you know, everyone will be copying it!
Congratulations on having a memorable day and wishing you lots more.

Beverly
06-27-2014, 08:36 AM
I whipped wg today because:
I was able to get out of bed today after being there all day yesterday knocked out on pain meds :crying: AND after falling in the bathroom around midnight! Have only very sore tail bone, bruised arm and sore neck. My head actually landed on soft trash basket. Hardest thing was to figure out how to get up:rolleyes1:. Nothing hurt until morning:ohmy:.
Sooo there!!

Am very grateful to be able to share this and I know many others may not be able to do so. Sometimes I can only read posts, or read and click "like", or not read at all. Blessings to each of you! :smile:

LisaT
06-27-2014, 11:05 AM
That sounds a little bit scary, Beverly. Do you live on your own? If so, is there someone around you can call on for help if something like that happens again? Maybe you could get a personal alarm. I'd hate to think of you having trouble getting up from your fall and not having a phone in hand or a way to ask or help...

Alysia
06-27-2014, 06:06 PM
I whipped wg today because:
I was able to get out of bed today after being there all day yesterday knocked out on pain meds :crying: AND after falling in the bathroom around midnight! Have only very sore tail bone, bruised arm and sore neck. My head actually landed on soft trash basket. Hardest thing was to figure out how to get up:rolleyes1:. Nothing hurt until morning:ohmy:.
Sooo there!!

Am very grateful to be able to share this and I know many others may not be able to do so. Sometimes I can only read posts, or read and click "like", or not read at all. Blessings to each of you! :smile:

oh :sad: I am sorry for your falling and pains. sounds tough.
and I am glad that you already feel better.
take care and be careful. sending hugs for you.... :hug1::hug2:

Alysia
06-27-2014, 06:11 PM
I have two very large and uncontrolable left feet

https://catsnco.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/dancing.png

Alysia
06-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Ha! I've seen that move on the floor and its quite something! Before you know, everyone will be copying it!

http://taishka.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/happy-dance-cat.jpg

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: I can't resist posting those.... :wink1: sorry :unsure:
whiping wg so far only by doing what I should do every day.... :rolleyes1:

Geoff
06-27-2014, 09:06 PM
No apology required Alysia!! Lets face it we all love to dance and its great for the soul, keep it going. :hug3:

Beverly
06-28-2014, 02:25 AM
Thank you my sweet friends for tender, loving:love:care....I could have called my sleeping husband, but I didn't want to wake him and have him running to find me on the floor :scared:! He had already had a full day of being anxious about the pain I was in. That wasn't enough so I had to have entertainment :flapper: during the night as well. I was able to "kinda" sit up, roll over onto knees and crawl 2-3' (ouchie, ouchie), then push up on resistance chair. Whew!! That was enough to whoop up on devil weg :mad1:.

This forum and this thread are a "Weg Whoopin Machine"!!!!!!
Thank you carin' and sharin' :lol:

LisaT
06-28-2014, 11:20 PM
I whipped Wegener's again yesterday! I was frustrated and angry (long story) and channelled it into art... Picked up paintbrushes for the first time in a long while and actually felt quite a bit better after painting. Halfway through, I had a conversation and ended up even more frustrated and angry... Took it out on the canvas, so hopefully it's not smouldering in my body.

Also, found a new mother's helper who lives close by to call upon when I can't keep up to my energetic son and don't want to plunk him in front of a screen. A lovely older sister of one of my daughter's friends, who has her babysitting course and first aid but is less costly than my usual babysitter.

acker
06-28-2014, 11:56 PM
Hi Alysia, Me again, I whipped WG again by getting another film part.:thumbsup: It's set in Holand in the 17th century, so had to go for a costume fitting, the day I went it was baking hot and it was in a marquee, the costume is very thick and heavy so the sweat was running all over me,:drool::drool: the things we do for art. Two days later I've had another call for a singing part, I hope I get that one as well.
Hope all is well with you :hug1: Acker

Alysia
06-29-2014, 01:07 AM
Hi Alysia, Me again, I whipped WG again by getting another film part.:thumbsup: It's set in Holand in the 17th century, so had to go for a costume fitting, the day I went it was baking hot and it was in a marquee, the costume is very thick and heavy so the sweat was running all over me,:drool::drool: the things we do for art. Two days later I've had another call for a singing part, I hope I get that one as well.
Hope all is well with you :hug1: Acker
WOW. Acker, this sounds amazing and cool :thumbsup:
can we see some pics or even a bit of video ?

annekat
06-29-2014, 03:32 PM
WOW. Acker, this sounds amazing and cool :thumbsup:
can we see some pics or even a bit of video ? Acker told me about this and I hope it comes out on DVD someday, as I did some research and thought it sounded pretty mainstream. The great English actress Judi Dench is in it.... whether a small or large part, I don't know. But Acker can tell us more about it. Pics ahead of time would be great. I, too, think this is a great way to beat Wegs.

annekat
06-30-2014, 02:42 PM
I whipped Wegener's this weekend by making it through a whole day selling at the farmer's market without feeling like I needed to use any meclizine, the anti-vertigo med. Normally I am more dizzy at the market, and have more double vision, than anywhere else because of the constant side to side motion of people walking by, as well as the unpacking and setting up process involving a lot of bending and movement. I actually had vertigo there one day, so I have been taking the meclizine as a preventative so that doesn't happen again. But this weekend I felt I could do without it, and did, so maybe things are getting better. The vertigo and double vision are two separate problems, one related to the ears and the other to the eyes, but they intensify and aggravate each other. I am using antibiotic ear drops for a chronic low grade infection in the one ear with a perforated drum. The double vision may be from sinus bone erosion causing instability of the positioning of the eyeballs. I'm getting an MRI soon to get a better look at things.

Alysia
07-01-2014, 12:57 AM
I whipped Wegener's this weekend by making it through a whole day selling at the farmer's market without feeling like I needed to use any meclizine, the anti-vertigo med. Normally I am more dizzy at the market, and have more double vision, than anywhere else because of the constant side to side motion of people walking by, as well as the unpacking and setting up process involving a lot of bending and movement. I actually had vertigo there one day, so I have been taking the meclizine as a preventative so that doesn't happen again. But this weekend I felt I could do without it, and did, so maybe things are getting better. The vertigo and double vision are two separate problems, one related to the ears and the other to the eyes, but they intensify and aggravate each other. I am using antibiotic ear drops for a chronic low grade infection in the one ear with a perforated drum. The double vision may be from sinus bone erosion causing instability of the positioning of the eyeballs. I'm getting an MRI soon to get a better look at things.

it sounds great Anne, but please also take care and do not overdo..... :hug1:

annekat
07-01-2014, 04:35 AM
Thanks, Alysia. I try not to overdo. I've only been going to Market on weekends.... tried a 4 day stint and it was too much. I am feeling better, though, since then.

Geoff
07-01-2014, 06:32 AM
Congratulations Anne on toughing it out at the Market last weekend,its great to share your victory!!

Wishing you many more :thumbsup:

acker
07-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Hi Alysia, Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take any pics/videos of costumes set etc, because they are trying to keep the film under wraps untill it's on general release next year, sorry. Acker

Geoff
07-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Oscar possibilities Acker?? :thumbup:

Debbie C
07-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Acker,that is exciting, I look forward to seeing the movie on the big screen. Have you heard anything back on the singing part? Good Luck and there used to be an old commercial that had a saying " Don't let them see you sweat " !!!! Especially in the heavy costume.

Anne, please go get an mri soon,this problem has been going on for so long now. Take care of yourself.

annekat
07-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Anne, please go get an mri soon,this problem has been going on for so long now. Take care of yourself.

Thanks, Deb. I've scheduled the MRI for a week from today. I will let you know what the results are. I appreciate your caring!

Alysia
07-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Hi Alysia, Unfortunately I wasn't allowed to take any pics/videos of costumes set etc, because they are trying to keep the film under wraps untill it's on general release next year, sorry. Acker
thanks. we will wait to see you :thumbup:

sounds awesome. :hug3:

acker
07-06-2014, 03:13 AM
Oscar possibilities Acker?? :thumbup:

Mybe Geof :thumbsup:, the 2nd director put me in some very good positions, in takes that we made over the two days shoot, well one can wish :thumbup: Acker

acker
07-06-2014, 03:23 AM
Thanks Alysia, I had a brill 2 days filming, but wiped out now and very smiley :thumbsup: Acker

acker
07-06-2014, 03:41 AM
Thanks Debra, haven't heard back about singing part yet. As it was the hotest days of the year here, :blink: I think they saw me sweat quite a lot, every 15mins they were bringing us cups of cold water. On the first day we started at 10-45 am and finished at 8-00 pm, the 2nd day started 6-45 am finished at 9-30 pm, wiped out today. Acker :cool1:

Debbie C
07-06-2014, 01:41 PM
WOW Acker that's alot of hours..I bet you were exhausted

Alysia
07-07-2014, 01:39 AM
Thanks Alysia, I had a brill 2 days filming, but wiped out now and very smiley :thumbsup: Acker
as long as you are smiling, all is good :biggrin1:

Geoff
07-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Well done Acker, you really gave WG a whipping!!

acker
07-08-2014, 02:57 AM
WOW Acker that's alot of hours..I bet you were exhausted

Yes it sure is Debra, and people think this filming lark is easy. Acker :rolleyes1:

lag713
07-09-2014, 02:34 AM
Keep it up! Whip it good! [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_QLzthSkfM]

I whipped Wegener's yesterday by making a delicious and healthy dinner for my husband and myself (raspberries and blackberries over mixed greens with goat cheese and toasted pecans) instead of opting for easy frozen food or takeout.

Geoff
07-10-2014, 03:55 AM
Ha! Great clip made me smile, maybe thats what Ackers been up to???????

So lag713 (i'm sorry but that reminds me of a convicts number! and I dont know your name :sad: ) did you go for the full whipped cream or just the vegetarien option? It sounds very tasty and congratulations on whipping WG, I must confess it wasnt quite what I had in mind when I started this thread but you have certainly taken it to another level!

acker
07-10-2014, 04:34 AM
Hi Debra, yes I didn't get a very good start to my two days filming, put my bag in the car on Tues morning, but it wouldn't start, so straped bag on the motorcycle, changed into leathers and rode to Suffolk 2 n half hour ride, after 1st day found a nice country pub £30 for the night. :thumbsup: Yesterday put a new starter motor on the car, went for a drive, it started to rain so switched on wipers, and they packed up :predrage: that means today when I could have been riding my bike in the lovely sunshine, instead fitting a new wiper motor, all done now though :thumbsup: so smiling again Acker x

annekat
07-10-2014, 04:43 AM
Sorry about the car problems, Acker.... I guess fixing one's car is another way of whipping Wegs. I have done a fair amount of car repair myself over the years, out of necessity. It's always nice when you accurately diagnose the problem and then fix it and it works.

lag713
07-10-2014, 04:47 AM
I was hoping the clip would bring a smile! How can red pyramid hats and a cheesy 80s song not put a smile on your face? :biggrin1: That song was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the title of the thread. I just watched the clip all the way through (I had only watched the first 30 seconds before) and I was surprised it got so racy! I had no idea...

I'm Lindsey - LAG are my initials and 7/13 is my birthdate. It reminds me of a license plate now that I think about it. It's just something I've used since I was a kid.

I may not have truly whipped Wegener's but it's the little victories and joys that make me feel like Wegener's isn't running the show. Can't wait for that elusive remission I keep hearing about!

Acker - A pub for £30 is a steal! I hope you get to ride and enjoy the beautiful weather soon!

vdub
07-10-2014, 09:09 AM
I guess fixing one's car is another way of whipping Wegs
Indeed it is! I finally got all the oil leaks on my MG plugged up and took it for a spin today! It was a short drive to the wash place so I could get 43 years of gunk off the engine with the high pressure wash, but it was still fun. I had forgotten how much fun it was to drive my little british car. Next step is to tune the carbs, strip the paint, get a new paint job, install new carpet and upholstery (it will be ruby red with tan interior). I'm having fun!

Geoff
07-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Wow great news vdub! Did you get the top down or is it a hardtop? I must try and post a photo of my bro in laws MGA for you!!

vdub
07-10-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm surprised I haven't mentioned it before. I bought my MGA in 1971. It was my first car. In 1974, I put it in storage in a building on my parent's farm and it stayed there, untouched, until Mar '13 when I decided to get it running and enjoy it. I had to clean off 39 years of dust. Otherwise, it was in pretty good shape, except that everything made of rubber had to be replaced. I also replaced the entire fuel system, converted the car from positive ground to negative ground and put on an electronic ignition.... among a whole bunch of other stuff.

It's currently an ugly, ugly green (http://wasem.com/mga/my61mga.jpg). In a few weeks, I hope the car will be ready for paint -- I'm slowly inching toward that goal. We have decided to paint it a maroon red and the interior will be tan. I have already purchased the new tan carpet and upholstery, so I'm just waiting for paint. Hopefully, in a few months, it will look like this (clicky (http://wasem.com/mga/myhope4mga.jpg)). When I was in the UK with you, I had a license plate made that says MY61 MGA -- I can't use it, but I still like it.

We bought a small "cabin" that I will use as a garage for the MG. Whenever, the time comes when I don't need the "garage" (i.e, I give the car to my daughter), we'll move the cabin to our timberland and use it as a real cabin. It will arrive on the 22nd -- I'll post a picture.

I'm feeling well and having fun. I haven't felt this good in 5 years. I think the key was going back on a light dose (5mg) of pred. Surprisingly, I'm not gaining a lot of weight over what I had gained the last time I was on pred (3 years ago).

pberggren1
07-10-2014, 11:55 AM
vdub, you didn't have to rebuild the engine or replace the seals in it or the transmission?

vdub
07-10-2014, 12:22 PM
Surprisingly, no. The engine and trans are in excellent condition -- I just had to change the oil (same with the differential).

The MG engine was used in many, many cars (to include the Morris Minor) and was used in industry to power pumps, generators, etc. It is a very strong engine. You can get 150,000 miles before a rebuild if it is treated properly. Many of the MG's however, weren't treated properly. They were built in the era of racing and the A model (mine) is the last of the pure race cars. It has aluminum body parts to keep the weight low and is very sparse on things we take as standard, such as windows (it doesn't have any) or door handles (you have to pull an inside cable). It is a very fun car to drive, very responsive, and all with just 88hp. The B model MG and the competition (Triumph TR-6, etc) started to get "gentrafied" after about 1962 or 1963 and they took the fun out of driving.

pberggren1
07-10-2014, 12:32 PM
What year is your MGA? I went to school with a guy that has a MGA and TR-6. I liked driving them. Very fun cars.

vdub
07-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Mine is a 1961, 1600cc... It has 61,237 miles on it.

Jaypfei
07-15-2014, 01:29 AM
After a very busy month and a half of dr visits, drug interactions, a hospital stay, family visiting, traveling to Ft. Rucker, Alabama for my SIL's CWO-1 commissioning, I finally have my house back to normal and peace and quiet. :)
I love my family and grands to pieces, but they still don't seem to understand that I get very tired rather quickly.
So getting up and getting my house back in order is an accomplishment!
I've got two summer blouses cut out and ready to be sewn, as well as my cross stitch frame set up and ready to finish a Civil War scene for hubby. Yea, I think I whipped that Wegs pretty good. :)

vdub
07-15-2014, 02:24 AM
but they still don't seem to understand that I get very tired rather quickly.
Yes, same as the rest of us -- "Gee, you don't look sick." :-(

acker
07-15-2014, 11:21 PM
It sounds like you are doing great, well done !! keep up the good work :hug1:Acker

Alysia
07-16-2014, 11:28 AM
I am whipping WG already for couple of days because I have made my way to canada, visiting Phil :biggrin1: now I need to see how we are going to whip his WG :unsure: