PDA

View Full Version : 6 month RTX booster is history

MikeG-2012
05-24-2014, 01:34 AM
I had my first of two RTX treatments yesterday as part of the six month after original treatment plan. Everything went well. I'm a little stiff and sore and restless today, but the 120 MG of solumedrol yesterday might have something to do with that. I have the best oncology team that I think anyone could want where I go for these treatments. I had no complications and they even fed me lunch while I was there. I have to tell you a little side story about how anyone can make a difference...

Many of you know that I manage the audio/visual department at an area college. So the last time I had my infusions, I was so disgusted with the crappy, old TVs that were in all of the oncology rooms. So, I logged on to the clinic website, clicked the contact us tab and sent a scathing, but professional email through the website. I told them what I do and where, and that my last tube TV went out the door several years ago. I also stated that I was amazed that the lobby areas had 50" flat screens on the wall for two years already and the rooms where people and the families spend 3-8 hours have to deal with snowy, old, small and outdated televisions. About a half hour after hitting send, I had a knock on my door in the oncology chair. It was the manager of the oncology department thanking me for sending the message. She had been trying to get new equipment for years, and that my message went viral when it hit the CEO's office, the director of physical plant, and several other VPs' inboxes. Well yesterday, I got a huge hug from the director and the whole department has new TVs, and has had them since February, a full year ahead of when they thought they would be replaced. So if you see something that is frustrating you, speak up tactfully and professionally and let your voice be heard. You never know what might get done!

My second booster is on June 6, about a week before I leave for training. I hope this round goes as well as all the rest or I am going to have a very unhappy budget manager when i cancel fly-em or frame-em tickets and hotel reservations!

I hope al of you have a great weekend!

Beverly
05-24-2014, 09:27 AM
You did make quite a difference, Mike. Thank you for sharing that with us. Looking forward to hearing a good report from you in June and that you will be able to make your training trip.:thumbup:

windchime
05-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Talk about being proactive. Wow. Great story and one you should definitely be proud of. Hope your results are good and the RTX is doing it's job.