PDA

View Full Version : West Central Ohio Vasculitis Foundation Support Group

Pete
05-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Here is a photo of the attendees at the first meeting of the West Central Ohio Vasculitis Foundation Support Group in Springfield, OH. I am wearing a blue shirt in the second row.

We had a good turnout despite the fact that there was a tornado warning about an hour before the meeting started. Most of the vasculitis patients present were fellow weggies.

Guest speaker was Dr. Don Gebhardt, a retired ENT who is a fellow weggie. He said that before cytoxan became widely used in the 1970s to treat GPA/Wegs, the 2-year mortality rate was about 90%. Pretty sobering.

Consensus of the group was to meet again in about 3 months. Hope to see more of this forum's members from Ohio there next time. I'll keep you posted.

pberggren1
05-22-2014, 02:19 PM
WOW, awesome turnout.

Alysia
05-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Hi Pete, you look great :thumbup: btw, you don't look sick :wink1: are there more forum members in the pic ?

rebekah
05-22-2014, 10:35 PM
You're looking great, Pete! That was an awesome turnout! I really wanted to go, but I was just so exhausted... I ended up coming home from my dentist appointment and napped the rest of the day. When I woke up I had already missed it. :( Hopefully I'll have this fatigue under control and make the next one!

Pete
05-22-2014, 11:14 PM
Alysia, no other forum members there. I mentioned the forum to several people and will provide the chapter with info.

Rebekah, sorry you couldn't make it. Understand why. About an hour before I arrived, Springfield had a tornado warning. No damage, but quite a bit of rain.

Thanks for the comments about my appearance. I'm also feeling good.

Debbie C
05-23-2014, 04:37 AM
Was it pretty informative ? I wanted to go also but having to take care of mom I couldn't get away. My days are pretty much at home with her. But that was a nice group picture,did u tell them about our forum here,maybe some of them will join. Glad you didn't have a tornado, the news wasn't sounding good for there.

Glen Massie
05-23-2014, 06:28 AM
Hello everyone, I am Glen Massie. I am a Chapter Coordinator with Vasculitis Foundation's West Central Ohio Chapter. I joined this Forum after being invited by Pete. I just want to mention that we had a great meeting last night, even though I believe the weather hindered the ability for some to make it. The session was very informative and the speaker, Dr. Don Gebhart delivered an excellent presentation. We also received a visit from Christopher Martin, Aide to Congressman John Boehner. Mr. MArtin delivered a personal letter from the Speaker of the House, wishing our Chapter much success. I hope to have photos and a video of Dr. Gebhart's talk on our Chapter website soon. Check us out at www.WestCentralOhioVF.org (http://www.WestCentralOhioVF.org)

I hope to meet all of the Ohio Forum members in person at out next Chapter meeting.

Pete
05-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Hi Debra,

Sorry you couldn't make it. It would have been a long drive. I think there's a chapter in Cleveland also.

Dr Gebhardt's presentation was good. Served as a good overall summary of how to live with Vasculitis. It was also good to meet with fellow patients and learn what they've been through.

Sorry your Mom is doing poorly.

Psyborg
05-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Hey, sorry I couldn't make it. Got stuck at work later than I would have liked. By the time I got home the storms were starting and I honestly just couldn't motivate myself to drive in it. Sorry for the laziness :)

mishb
05-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Hi Glen and welcome to the forum.

I'm so glad you could make it here and I also thank you for being a co-ordinator of a very important meet up. :thumbsup:

It's a shame our other Ohio members couldn't make it - but there will always be other times I'm sure.