PDA

View Full Version : Nasty cold/congestion

godgirl
05-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Since starting to see a myriad of docs and trying to find out what's wrong with me, I'm facing my first horrible cold. I'm just starting to feel it come on, but it is going to be nasty. My sister brought it home from work (we're roommates), and she has a horrible cough, lung congestion, sinus congestion, sore throat, fever, etc.

I can feel congestion starting in my chest and sinuses and I woke up with a sore throat yesterday.

My question for you all: do I need to watch this closely, or will it be just a sickness I need to get over? To be perfectly honest, I'm scared to get a cough or any chest congestion - I'm afraid it'll spark Wegs in my chest. So far, my lungs aren't affected. Could this affect them? Maybe it's a stupid question, but I'm not afraid to ask those kinds. :)

Thanks. Jen

annekat
05-20-2014, 02:02 PM
I know quite a few of us have caught colds and just gotten over them. It seems more likely that it could stimulate Wegs if there was an infection involved somewhere. I would just take care of yourself, drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest, etc. With your sis having a fever, though, I wonder if it could be more than a cold. Just be very careful and try to lessen the effects by taking the above actions early on. Maybe others will have more to say.

Alysia
05-21-2014, 01:36 AM
Hi Jen. I am sorry you got it :sad: keep an eye on it and whenver you suspect somthing, ask your doc. I would also do labs to make sure what is going on. take care and get well soon :hug2:

windchime
05-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Hi Jen, I would give my doc a call to just give them a heads up. they might want to start you on an antibiotic to keep pneumonia at bay.

godgirl
05-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks, everyone. My anxiety is down - because of your replies. I'll keep an eye on it, but Cindy, you're right. I'll email my doc about it.

:)

Tahoe
11-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Godgirl, my wife is now where you were back in May. Can I ask you how it turned out? She has been given an Rx for an antibiotic, but we are scared it might start a flare in her chest...

godgirl
11-30-2014, 05:23 AM
Actually, it ended up being fine. I took the best care of myself that I could and got over it fairly quickly. I still bite my nails if someone comes into the office with a cough, but so far so good.

Your wife should be fine. Just make sure she takes care of herself. :)

Jen