PDA

View Full Version : VITAMIN B-2 Good or Bad?

jakekell
05-17-2014, 09:48 AM
I thought I saw on one of the threads something about Vitamin B-2 not being good for Wegs or was it good or....did I see it at all? I just starting taking a B complex that is very heavy B2 and seem to be flaring up.

I thought I would see if anyone knows any connection good or bad on the B2 possible issue.

Thanks,

Mary :wink1:

Dirty Don
05-17-2014, 10:03 AM
My docs said to stay away from vit B in excess as it doesn't interact with some of the drugs well. Not sure of the reason, I just follow orders.

jakekell
05-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Thanks Don and maybe something I take doesn't like it so stopping for now.

mishb
05-18-2014, 09:55 PM
I was told the same thing Don.

I think one of the B's has an interaction with the Calcium and Vitamin D and also the folate that I take.

I'm not sure which but I can't take a multi vitamin complex anyway due to liver issues when I do, so I never really had to look into it or worry about it.

jakekell
05-19-2014, 02:00 AM
I just found on the Mayo Clinic site that can effect. I also found that B-6 can effect blood sugar/blood pressure. Mayo stated that if your on Metformin and blood pressure meds beware it can lower both to much. I am going to keep away as on both so not messing with them.

Thanks for the info from Don/you I looked up the overall info about B's.

Mary

vdub
05-19-2014, 06:55 AM
I haven't heard anything like that. I inject B-12 twice a month, but that's because of the GRH and not GPA.

Dirty Don
05-19-2014, 06:59 AM
I haven't heard anything like that. I inject B-12 twice a month, but that's because of the GRH and not GPA.
As always, it's about moderation...I take multiple vit every day, have for years along with C. My organs are fine, BUT too much can create an interaction that's not good in the kidneys/liver.

jvilner
05-19-2014, 07:48 AM
There is do much medication to take and keep track of, why add anything else?