PDA

View Full Version : New Technology Applicable to Wegeners/GPA

Pierre42
05-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Sorry if this reads like an advertisement, I have nothing to do with this other than having stumbled across it on the Engadget site.

https://cue.me/?ref=mVRKlTyQuB9b83WiRRjSjFpQJXHcE65K5eUM49yO5udDB soEWd#vitamin-d

Talks to an app on your phone via Bluetooth.

Has the ability to monitor both Vitamin D and CRP levels (amongst other things).

Or, more correctly, WILL have the ability to , once it's actually available for purchase (spring 2015)

Half-Price for Pre-Order is USD$150, testing cartridges (testosterone/vitD/crp/fertility) are USD$20 for five, Influenza is USD$30 per 3.

Not cheap, but interesting.

vdub
05-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Do you have a name for the device so I can Google it? Android gave me a warning that the cue.me website could not be trusted.

Pierre42
05-14-2014, 04:38 PM
cue.me IS their website. Android appears to be a little too paranoid.

(for the record, IOS has no issues loading the site)

drz
05-14-2014, 10:08 PM
The CRP info could be useful for Weggies but wonder how much demand there would be for the others. Our local home heath agency has a tablet computer that can record things like blood pressure, blood sugar, heart rate, EKGs, temperature and probably other things with suitable adapters and then track the info and forward it to your physician. It also works like computer for video chat, watching movies, alarms for pill reminder and reading email or books downloaded. It is designed to help people receiving home bound care with their health care. At some conferences i have seen predictions that tele-medicine from smart phones will soon equal in person visits. Some tech savvy doctors already do most of their record keeping and notes on patient care using their smart phone or similar device.