PDA

View Full Version : I got my first CT Scan today

Bob65
09-18-2009, 05:40 AM
Hi gang,
I got my CT scans this morning, they did my sinuses, lungs and kidneys. Hey that dye going through your system is a real RUSH, I told her, "hey, keep that going for awhile" that was the first warm glow I have had in over six months. I wanted to know if any of you feel pressure behind your eyes and do you get raccoon eyes. This has nothing to do with the CT scan, this has been going on for about a month. The area around my eyes gets dark like a black eye but no pain.

I change the picture on my profile, the other one had so much red in it just stood out and bought to attention how much I was rambling. Everybody have a great day and I'll be back soon. Bob

Sangye
09-18-2009, 06:19 AM
I like your new avatar. I have a really old monitor, but I can see your pic clearly!

LOL about the effects of the dye... :D

In Eastern medicine, dark circles around the eyes corresponds to kidney and/or adrenal stress. Pred will do that, and so will overt kidney involvement. I don't have kidney involvement from Wegs. I get the dark circles when I take Lasix (furosemide)-- a common diuretic. It makes one of my kidneys hurt, also. The MDs can't explain it, but it makes sense holistically because it interferes with kidney function.

Bob65
09-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Hi Sangye,
The dark eyes must be the Pred. I'm on 60mg and it seems to be causing all sorts of things with my body. It is keeping my pain at bay. Thanks Bob

jola57
09-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi Bob, my husband tries to wipe the "mascara smudge" from under my eyes once in a while LOL. When I was on 60 pred my eyes hurt, I had them checked out for pressure but it was fine. Just eye muscle strain. I started methotrexate just the other month and my eyes hurt, not as bad as before but I guess I'll have to get cracking on those eyes for not excercising enough:D

Doug
09-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Bob- Just coming on to say I like your new avatar, too! Looks like you guys were having a good time, besides. Anything to cheer up the place, I say! This makes me feel warm when I see it, not a bad idea with Fall around the corner!