PDA

View Full Version : this is my story

judy
09-17-2009, 04:41 PM
hi all you kind people,my name is judy,this is my first post here..i come here and read the post all the time.i have post on other peoples post.ok the dr.just told me i have wegeners.i go to a free clinic i dont have ins. i wait inline to see the dr.this has been going on since 2000.i have a devated septum my eyes hurt so bad.all my muscels hurt. i was in the hospital in 2003 i had low oxgen levels.stayed 3days but has soon as they knew i didnt have ins.they releast me.the dr said i have fibro.... my skin is real bad.i have sores on my scalp that will not heal.and i was in the hospital in oct.08 with diverticlitisis need surgery to remove a foot of my colon.but im to sick right now, but i should have all ready had the surgery.im all so diabetic.my right leg swells and gets red and hard.i dont sleep. but i did get a sleep study i dont have the results yet.and im starting physiccal therapy for my hip.and back.i have osto. also.there r others things wrong but i cant think right now.but im thankful that my lungs r ok.but i all ways have a kidney infection.... i need spell check lol

Sangye
09-17-2009, 11:23 PM
Hi Judy,
Welcome to the group! Maybe we can help you connect with some help.

I couldn't figure out when you were diagnosed with Wegs--recently or several years ago?

Also, which state and county are you in? I've discovered (finally) each county has an Office for Seniors & Disabled, sometimes called "Aging & Disability." They're the best. They will hunt down help for you and help you advocate for medical treatment. You must stress to them that in addition to your other conditions, the Wegs is life-threatening if not treated quickly, properly and thoroughly, and that it requires doctors specialized in it to do that.

jola57
09-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Judy please send some idea where you are, there are a lot of people here who may be able to point you to where you will get help. You do not have to go thru this alone.

Doug
09-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Judy-

Your story tore my heart out. We need to put you on our high priority list to help until we are sure you are getting the care you need as soon as possible! It's that important.

Another name that might by tied to the agency that can help you is Department of Health and Human Services.

As others noted, knowing even the state or province or county you live in can be a huge help in helping you connect with people who can help you with health care.

I read that 22,000 people in the USA die each year because they don't have finacial resources to purchase insurance and they have chronic diseases. Please let us help you not become one of that statistic if, as we believe, you are a citizen of the USA. A state name would be all we'd need to start helping you.

Sangye
09-18-2009, 11:50 PM
This story was just on MSNBC.com yesterday. A new Harvard study said 45,000 people in the US die each year because they don't have health insurance and can't get proper care. No health coverage tied to 45,000 deaths a year - Health care- msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32882064/ns/health-health_care/)

One person every 12 minutes.

DISNEYLADY
11-04-2009, 01:47 PM
go on site : NIH.ORG or NIH.GOV there is a hosp I think in Boston and will pay your flight and care if accepted into their program