PDA

View Full Version : DELTASONE (prednisone) Tablets contain lactose and corn starch

stephwest
04-30-2014, 08:13 PM
Hi All
Has anybody found a lactose and corn/grain free pred as I have just discovered the deltacortril enteric I take has loads of other ingredients.
Why do drug companies add the most common allergy suspects (dairy/grain) to a drug often used in treating allergies.
below is a typical ingredients list for deltacortril enteric.
I need to find an unadulterated PRED.

This is from the data sheet in the box with my Pred
The other ingredients are: calcium carbonate, lactose, magnesium stearate, maize starch, polyvinyl alcohol, titanium dioxide (E171), purified talc, lecithin, xanthan gum (E415), polyvinyl acetate phthalate, polyethylene glycol, sodium hydrogen carbonate, triethyl citrate, purified stearic acid, sodium alginate (E401), colloidal silicon dioxide, lactose monohydrate, methylcellulose (E461), sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, beeswax (E901), carnauba wax (E903), polysorbate 20 (E432) and sorbic acid (E200).

Even the smallest amount of lactose and grain can cause allergy problems.
Also see lactose allergy (not intolerance) and prednisone - Allergies & Asthma - HealingWell.com Forum (http://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=7&m=1340611)

This is from the internet Deltasone (Prednisone) Drug Information: Description, User Reviews, Drug Side Effects, Interactions - Prescribing Information at RxList (http://www.rxlist.com/deltasone-drug.htm)
DELTASONE (prednisone) Tablets are available in 5 strengths: 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg and 50 mg. Inactive ingredients: 2.5 mg-Calcium Stearate, Corn Starch, Erythrosine Sodium, Lactose, Mineral Oil, Sorbic Acid and Sucrose. 5 mg- Calcium Stearate, Corn Starch, Lactose, Mineral Oil, Sorbic Acid and Sucrose. 10 mg-Calcium Stearate, Corn Starch, Lactose, Sorbic Acid and Sucrose. 20 mg-Calcium Stearate, Corn Starch, FD&C Yellow No. 6, Lactose, Sorbic Acid and Sucrose. 50 mg-Corn Starch, Lactose, Magnesium Stearate, Sorbic Acid, Sucrose, and Talc.

Many thanks can you advise me of pred without this stuff.
All best
Stephen