PDA

View Full Version : grape seed extract

MCC
04-25-2014, 01:46 PM
I wondered if anyone takes this as a supplement? it apparently helps with inflamation.

mentioned here: Vasculitis - Dr. Weil's Condition Care Guide (http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART03402/Vasculitis.html)

mishb
04-25-2014, 06:54 PM
That's an interesting read.

I haven't tried it and certainly wouldn't without checking if it has any interactions with my current meds, and also speaking to my doctors, but I will read a bit more on it.

Who is this Dr Weil? I think I will check him out too - unless someone here already is aware of his credentials or non credentials :unsure:

pberggren1
04-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Dr. Weil is very good. He is in the ranks of the Rubins and Mercolas.

MCC
04-25-2014, 09:08 PM
I spoke to a doctor at the hospital earlier and he said for me it's ok to try it. I'm not on any medication though, so no concerns about any issues there.

I tried the turmeric tea also recommended on that page i linked to...tastes erm interesting!

mishb
04-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Tumeric tea would definately taste strange - I thought it was only used in Indian foods etc :unsure:

Tumeric is excellent for inflammation :thumbsup:
It does show to have some interactions with Aspirin, Benadryl and Calcium plus D.
Google results also show that there can be an increase risk of kidney stones. :sad:

carriej22
04-26-2014, 03:33 AM
I always call my Pharmacist first... Sometimes I ask my Doc, and he doesn't really think it's a big deal but my Pharmacist will go over it with me and point out pros and cons and whether it will make a difference for me and tell me when to take it for things to be most effective, etc.

annekat
04-26-2014, 01:10 PM
Dr. Weil is a good guy. I used to get his email newsletters but there were really a lot and I didn't have time to read them. His website covers a lot of territory. He's also in cahoots with Orthaheel shoes and sandals, good for the feet.

I seem to remember turmeric being warned against with CTX, on the info sheets from the pharmacist. I didn't worry about it too much but didn't use a lot. Now that I'm not on CTX I can eat all the turmeric I want.... well, except for the Calcium plus D issue, I guess.... I use a little curry here and there in general cooking, but don't have any right now... it contains turmeric, I'm pretty sure. I follow Dr. Weil's advice in using extra virgin olive oil for most things. I eat butter, too, but should cut back.... I've been on extra pred lately and the butter is disappearing fast.