PDA

View Full Version : My 15th anniversary as a WG's survivor.

MindyWG1999
04-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Hello! On May 19th I will be celebrating my 15th anniversary since being diagnosed with Wegeners. I would like to do something special for myself to commemorate my strength and success with this disease.

I was thinking I'd like to get a small tattoo. Any suggestions as to what I should get... or maybe another idea of what I should do?

Many thanks.

Mindy - DX May 19th 1999.

Mindy♡

SpaceflightAddict
04-23-2014, 01:58 AM
A prednisone tablet.

lag713
05-07-2014, 04:47 AM
Maybe something abstract that represents something that you're dealing with? Or, something beautiful that you find inspirational?

I was thinking about this for a while (I used to love shows like Miami Ink) and I think anything that has a special meaning for you would work. You could get abstract lungs, sinuses, or kidneys depending on what you deal with? Rorschach style maybe? It may be tough for someone else to know what it is but you will. Alternatively, flowers or natural images can bring joy on a cloudy day.

You could always save up and take a vacation. Sometimes memories of joyous things shared with ones you love can be remembered fondly when you're in a tough place.

Congrats on 15 years!!!