PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone! Posting from Nova Scotia, Canada!

MindyWG1999
04-22-2014, 05:19 AM
I can't wait to get to know some fellow Wegeners fighters!

Mindy♡

MaxD
04-22-2014, 06:45 AM
Mindy: Sorry to welcome another member to this club, but now that you're in we "fellow fighters" must stick together! Reading others' varied experiences has given me awareness of the various symptoms this disease can inflict, what I can do early on to best fend these off for as long as possible, where to get information of all kinds, but most of all hope that I can face this disease as bravely as our fellow fighters on these forums. It's so valuable to have a sympathetic group that truly understands.

MindyWG1999
04-22-2014, 07:05 AM
Oh goodness no need to be sorry. I personally see WG'S for me a blessing. I've become the woman I am today thanks to this disease. May 19th I will be celebrating my 15th year anniversary since diagnosis. I taught myself at a very young age to not let Wegeners take control of me, that I will take control of Wegeners. I grabbed it by the throat and haven't let go! I'm the monster fighting the disease, not the other way around. :)

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Cheers!

Mindy♡

MaxD
04-22-2014, 07:21 AM
Cool, love your attitude! I was diagnosed last month, a relief to have a diagnosis after months of wondering. But just now catching up with what this disease is all about. Nice to meet yet another fighting vet.

Jaypfei
04-22-2014, 07:30 AM
Welcome to the group Mindy. Love your attitude. My gosh, 15 years? Bless your heart. There is an abundance of info here as well as the nicest people you'll ever meet.

MindyWG1999
04-22-2014, 07:47 AM
Thank you! I was DX when I was just 16. :)

Wouldn't change a thing!

Mindy♡

annekat
04-22-2014, 07:53 AM
A warm welcome to you, Mindy! As a 15 year Wegs veteran, you will have a lot to teach and share with the the rest of us on here. I am very much looking forward to seeing more posts from you. And I'm so glad you found us.

We have a member here named Carrie from New Brunswick. She is the closest I can think of to you. No doubt, you will catch her attention. I know Canada is a big place but there aren't quite as many of you on here as from the US. There are some great ones, though! And of course, we have some very active members all over the world, especially in the UK and Australia, and a few other places, too.

I love your attitude and have to agree, perhaps a tad reluctantly, that Wegs has had some positive effects on my life and helped me to grow as a person. For one thing, without it, I would not know the wonderful people on this forum!

MindyWG1999
04-22-2014, 08:04 AM
I live in a very small town of a few thousand people and I personally know 4 other Wegeners survivors from my town. New Brunswick is not all that from me... maybe a 4 hour drive. :) I hope to meet up with Carrie on here sometime. :)

Mindy♡

annekat
04-22-2014, 09:17 AM
I live in a very small town of a few thousand people and I personally know 4 other Wegeners survivors from my town. New Brunswick is not all that from me... maybe a 4 hour drive. :) I hope to meet up with Carrie on here sometime. :)

Mindy♡ It is interesting how sometimes there seems to be a concentration of people with WG in specific areas and we may or may not have any ideas as to why. Four besides you, that you know of, sounds like a lot for an area of small population. We have occasionally heard stories on here of other such instances.

MindyWG1999
04-22-2014, 09:19 AM
Yes 4 besides me. I've actually messaged one a few minutes ago who lives a few streets over telling him about this forum. :)

Mindy♡

annekat
04-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Yes 4 besides me. I've actually messaged one a few minutes ago who lives a few streets over telling him about this forum. :)

Mindy♡ Oh, good! I hope he will join us.

bigman
04-22-2014, 09:50 AM
I did join

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pberggren1
04-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi Mindy. I see you are on at least one of the facebook groups as well. What made you seek us out at this point? Are you having some difficulties right now? We would love to hear your full story at some point. My former Wegs Expert now lives in Yarmouth. I live in Swift Current, SK and he used to be right here.

MindyWG1999
04-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Yay! Mitchell! Welcome!

Mindy♡

MindyWG1999
04-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Hi Mindy. I see you are on at least one of the facebook groups as well. What made you seek us out at this point? Are you having some difficulties right now? We would love to hear your full story at some point. My former Wegs Expert now lives in Yarmouth. I live in Swift Current, SK and he used to be right here.

I actually wanted to help others. That's why I joined the forum. To pass along any advice I can. 15 years is a long time to have Wegeners... I'd like to put it to use. :)

Mindy♡

pberggren1
04-22-2014, 10:02 AM
You are so kind. Welcome to the family. I just tried to send you a friend request on facebook but I didn't see a way to do that.

MindyWG1999
04-22-2014, 10:09 AM
You are so kind. Welcome to the family. I just tried to send you a friend request on facebook but I didn't see a way to do that.

Added you. :) which you already know... lol

Mindy♡

bigman
04-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mishb
04-22-2014, 07:56 PM
Hi Mindy and Mitchell (Bigman) welcome to the forum.

I was sitting here thinking wow, 4 people just in your area but then I was thinking about Melbourne Australia, even though a much larger population than where you are from - Dennis2512 only lives 10 minutes away from me and another lady (not on this forum) lives about 10 minutes away.
Ingemlb is over the other side of town but she is still only about half an hour or so away.
Therefore within about a radius of 10-40 minutes drive away, I know of about 12 Weggies.

Anyhow, welcome to you both and I'm glad you are here.

Alysia
04-23-2014, 03:39 AM
I grabbed it by the throat and haven't let go! I'm the monster fighting the disease, not the other way around. :)
Mindy♡

Hi Mindy, welcome to the family :hug1:
15 yo wg vet is very impressing :hug2:
I like your spirit.
please tell us more how are you doing it :)
I see that you posted more, so I am going to read ....

welcome bigman :hug1:

annekat
04-23-2014, 03:44 AM
Bigman, we'd like to hear your story, too, if and when you are ready to tell it.

MindyWG1999
04-23-2014, 03:58 AM
Hi Mindy, welcome to the family :hug1:
15 yo wg vet is very impressing :hug2:
I like your spirit.
please tell us more how are you doing it :)
I see that you posted more, so I am going to read ....

welcome bigman :hug1:

Hey! Thank you! How I do it... well I surrounded myself by positive people. I live my life literally like the next day it could be over. Not to say I do crazy things like skydiving or anything.

I'll tell what got me through to where I am now. My kids. My beautiful bubbly kids. MUSIC everyday, a glass of wine at least one day a week and just flat out refusing to let Wegeners think it's the powerhouse. I'm the one who controls my life not it... Laugh as much as possible, watch Kevin Hart's stand up! I love people fast and deeply and surrounded myself with people of the same nature. I could honestly go on and on as to what I do to stay positive when it comes to Wegeners but it's an endless list. But the key for me was once I made it past my first 2 years of Wegeners I decided that I was going to prove to myself that I was bigger and badder then some stupid disease. So I fight every single day and try and help as many people as possible who are suffering from any illness.

Oh and another reallllly big one. A dog... to have a dog. One of the most important parts to all of this for me.

Xoxo ♡

Mindy♡

Alysia
04-23-2014, 04:19 AM
thanks ! wonderful list :thumbup: