PDA

View Full Version : For men only?!?

greenjeep
04-18-2014, 01:47 AM
I'm sitting in the lobby of my general practitioner right now about to have my prostate put in a vise.
I asked my wife last night why I can't just have sinus problems, fatigue, chemo infusions, vision loss, renal insuffenciency, sleep deprivation, anxiety, loss of appitite, muscle atrophy, weight gain, nausea, constipation, etc. is this not enough? Now I get to deal with prostate issues. Oh happy day.

Sent from my iPhone while driving on the freeway.

pberggren1
04-18-2014, 12:07 PM
What is wrong with your prostate? You might want to try some herbs for prostate before having it removed or any serious treatment like that.

Alysia
04-18-2014, 07:43 PM
I am sorry :crying: your list IS too much :hug1:
at least you are keeping your great sense of humor :lol:
your title reminds me this quote from "Three men in a boat" of Jerome Q. Jerome, so I copy it to here to cheer you up:
“I remember going to the British Museum one day to read up the treatment for some slight ailment of which I had a touch – hay fever, I fancy it was. I got down the book, and read all I came to read; and then, in an unthinking moment, I idly turned the leaves, and began to indolently study diseases, generally. I forget which was the first distemper I plunged into – some fearful, devastating scourge, I know – and, before I had glanced half down the list of “premonitory symptoms,” it was borne in upon me that I had fairly got it.
I sat for awhile, frozen with horror; and then, in the listlessness of despair, I again turned over the pages. I came to typhoid fever – read the symptoms – discovered that I had typhoid fever, must have had it for months without knowing it – wondered what else I had got; turned up St. Vitus’s Dance – found, as I expected, that I had that too, – began to get interested in my case, and determined to sift it to the bottom, and so started alphabetically – read up ague, and learnt that I was sickening for it, and that the acute stage would commence in about another fortnight. Bright’s disease, I was relieved to find, I had only in a modified form, and, so far as that was concerned, I might live for years. Cholera I had, with severe complications; and diphtheria I seemed to have been born with. I plodded conscientiously through the twenty-six letters, and the only malady I could conclude I had not got was housemaid’s knee.
in the Hebrew version he doesn't have womb infection or somthing like that.
I wish our lists could be like his.... (sigh)
(too many sighs here lately.... )

greenjeep
04-20-2014, 03:25 PM
That is really funny. I am in the medical field and know how that poor man feels. I too have had many diseases (thought up mind you) and looking back, realize none of them have killed me yet.
Turns out my discomfort only resulted in a bit of prostatitis. Hopfully, antibiotics will clear it right up. And to think, three days ago I had the most dreadful condition known!!

Alysia
04-20-2014, 03:40 PM
try also cranberries in pills.
Thanks God things are not so bad as they looked few days ago. take care. :hug2:

Titus3:2
04-20-2014, 10:17 PM
greenjeep,prostatitis is no fun,but thank goodness it was nothing worse.The last thing I want to hear is of a problem in that area."Three Men in a boat" is funny.I listened to it on audio book.Alysia,thank you for bringing that book to my attention.Take care,greenjeep

vdub
04-21-2014, 03:33 PM
On the other hand, as Jack opined several years ago, "Just because you have Wegener's, doesn't mean you can't get another serous disease."

Christine1219
04-23-2014, 08:16 AM
First, I apologize because I know you said "men only", but I had a feeling it was going to be prostate-related and I was correct! This is how my husband's WG manifested. It is so rare and unusual for it to manifest this way (prostate) that his diagnosis took awhile and the doctors are writing up a case study on it.

He was in terrible pain and they were treating him for prostatitis. He didn't respond to any treatment and was finally hospitalized. After being treated for prostatitis for approx. 8 weeks, he had a TURP. I would not advise this! My husband is a young man and let's just say - it's not right :( My heart breaks for him.

Once he received his WG diagnosis they were able to treat him appropriately and everything prostate-related disappeared immediately.

I guess what I am trying to say is, be sure the prostate issues are unrelated to the WG before doing anything drastic. I am not a man, but I have watched the person I love most suffer and I want to prevent anyone else from experiencing it if I can. Please keep us posted.

greenjeep
04-23-2014, 11:04 AM
That's horrible. My wife also shrugs when I bring up my concerns in that area. I cannot explain it, I'm not a sex addict or anything, but I would rather lose a limb than have big trouble with the prostate. I'll say a good long prayer for your husband and yourself tonight.

Titus3:2
04-24-2014, 03:59 AM
Christine1219,you and your husband have my sincerest sympathies.Your advice not to do anything drastic in the face of prostate trouble is excellent advice.Prostate trouble can be demoralizing beyond belief for a man.Something many people will never understand.Good wishes to you and your husband.I hope you are feeling better greenjeep.