PDA

View Full Version : anyone taking Pro Biotics or PB-8

GeorgiaInOhio
09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Just thought Id drop a quick note about this, Sangye referred me to PB-8, a probiotic a little over a month ago to help with acid reflux and well, lets just say "keepin the system regular" lol, and there was a thread about it. It works FANTASTIC, and I wanted to let anyone know who uses it or may use it, I was getting it at my local organic shop, a bottle of 60 capsules for $14.99- Which is a months supply. I had no problem paying that, but I found it online last week, and just got my order today, from LUCKY VITAMIN, Luckyvitamin.com where you can get a bottle of 120 capsules for $11 and some change! They have alot of vitamins at deals, i even get my Spry toothpaste there now for almost $2 cheaper per tube!

Just thought Id pass that along. Im sure everyone deals with costly supplements just like I do, and I plan to even start getting my calcium thru there as soon as this bottle runs out!

Hope everyone is well! TTYL!

Sangye
09-16-2009, 12:11 AM
Glad you're a regular gal again. :D

Doug
09-16-2009, 04:14 AM
Dear me, I just mentioned to Jack in a private message that Sangye and I are bad influences on each other, and here she sets me up for the only logical response to the comment to sweet, sweet Georgia (who doesn't deserve this abuse!), ahem!: No sxxx!:rolleyes::D

Scott
09-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Hurm. My wife's internist just told us probiotics were a bad idea when immune suppressed. You guys obviously disagree? Please educate me!

Sangye
09-17-2009, 12:14 AM
My wife's internist just told us probiotics were a bad idea when immune suppressed.
*Sangye's eyes pop out of her head* I usually know what MDs are thinking when they disapprove of particular natural remedies, but this doctor has me stumped. Never heard this one!

Surely s/he must realize we already have good bacteria living in our bodies? They aren't pathogens (ie, microorganisms that cause disease). They're necessary to proper digestion of nutrients and to fight off overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria.

Anyone who takes or has taken antibiotics should repopulate the gut bacteria. Also, many drugs upset the GI tract pH so much that even without antibiotics, good bacteria die off.

Luce
09-17-2009, 02:15 AM
I can completely back up Sangye and can honestly say probiotics made me feel 10 ten times better.
I was suffering from upset stomachs, regular bouts of thrush and almost constant cystitis, due to taking the antibiotic Co-Trimoxazole/Bactrim/Septrin daily for 8 or 9 months.
Within 2 weeks of taking Acidophilus daily all these symptoms improved by at least 90%, I barely notice any discomfort now.

Even though I stopped taking the antibiotic about a month ago (on my doctor's advice), I keep taking the probiotics as I know it takes time for the bacteria balance in the gut to return to normal.

Scott
09-17-2009, 04:54 AM
Thanks guys for your input -- we're obviously going to have to talk to the docs about this one!

jola57
09-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Sheesh, maybe your doc needs a good dose of the probiotics eh.