PDA

View Full Version : Bad flu

Widthofacircle
04-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Hi Everybody
Have not been posting here for quite a while but I check in regularly to see what's going on. It's 5 years now since I started out on this rocky road that is Wegeners. I am reasonably well but still taking Cellcept, Septrin, and Pred. Biggest problem I have is sore and watery eyes, bloody nose discharge and right now a mother of a flu.
Would be grateful for any suggestions.
Brendan

Dirty Don
04-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Hey Brendan...sounds like either you're trending towards a flare or, more likely, the flu is making you feel like you are. Whenever something, such as mild pneumonia/flu/cold, affect/infect me, my WG symptoms ramp up just a little...always scares me. Docs say be patient, most likely it's the viral effects and the WG symptoms will go away...they have each time.

Debbie C
04-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Hey Brendan,have you seen yr.dr. or had any bloodwork done? Sorry to hear u are so sick,hope u start feeling better soon.

mishb
04-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi Brendan, glad to see you are still lurking around :tongue1:

I was also going to ask what your latest blood results look like.

I hope it's just the flu and you kick it in the butt quickly

renidrag
04-17-2014, 01:54 AM
Whoever thought so many people would be happy they get the flu.
Dale

Widthofacircle
04-17-2014, 06:59 AM
Hey Brendan,have you seen yr.dr. or had any bloodwork done? Sorry to hear u are so sick,hope u start feeling better soon.

Hi Debra
Last bloodwork done 3 months ago were clear. Next bloods at end of April so fingers crossed:thumbup:
Brendan

Widthofacircle
04-17-2014, 07:03 AM
Hi Brendan, glad to see you are still lurking around :tongue1:

I was also going to ask what your latest blood results look like.

I hope it's just the flu and you kick it in the butt quickly

Thanks Michelle
Good to see so many long term members (and newbies ) still here. Yeah hopefully it is just the flu.It is doubly bad though when it id MAN flu with Wegs thrown in for good measure:biggrin1:
Brendan

Widthofacircle
04-17-2014, 07:07 AM
Hey Brendan...sounds like either you're trending towards a flare or, more likely, the flu is making you feel like you are. Whenever something, such as mild pneumonia/flu/cold, affect/infect me, my WG symptoms ramp up just a little...always scares me. Docs say be patient, most likely it's the viral effects and the WG symptoms will go away...they have each time.

Thanks Don
I think you are exactly right. Each time I get flu I get symptoms such as sore and runny eyes and ears popping. Only problem is the flu seems to last forever since I was diagnosed. Before that it might last for 2-3 days. Imunosuppressants (Cellcept ) probably causing delayed recovery.
Brendan