PDA

View Full Version : how do they know u r in remission

keegan55
04-15-2014, 03:17 AM
How do tell if u r in remission or if disease under control

Titus3:2
04-15-2014, 06:54 AM
Hi keegan55,that is the million dollar ??The doctor will look for various markers in lab work, bronchoscopy,Ct Scan,and etcetera .But most importantly when you feel your normal self again,and are no longer symptomatic.First you will have to show signs that you are responding to treatment.I wish I could be more specific,but I don't want to speculate too much.It is not an easy road to recovery .I hope it is for you and everyone else,but there is no cure for this disease.It may or may not come back.Take care.

Dirty Don
04-15-2014, 10:45 AM
If you're off drugs and numbers are 'normal', then you're in remission. If your numbers are normal again, but still on an AI suppressant and/or anti- inflammatories, then you're in drug remission. If neither, then get your butt to a doc! LOL! Also, it appears that some drugs, particularly pred, have to be non-existent before the docs will reduce/wean off AI suppressants. Best to you!

lag713
04-15-2014, 11:23 AM
My rheumatologist said that the numbers are one component of monitoring disease activity. She believes that how I am feeling and my symptoms are a better indicator of disease activity and would direct my treatment accordingly. I haven't reached remission myself but it sounds amazing. I hope that we can all have a drug-free remission in the future.

Alysia
04-15-2014, 11:58 PM
my labs are ok most of the time, still as long as I have any activity of wg, I am not in remission. at least according to my wg-doc :unsure:

Dirty Don
04-16-2014, 03:08 AM
My rheumatologist said that the numbers are one component of monitoring disease activity. She believes that how I am feeling and my symptoms are a better indicator of disease activity and would direct my treatment accordingly.

That's the best way as long as the numbers and conditions are interpreted correctly...otherwise, the numbers remain the most stable reporting activity...that's why bloods and tests are so important so frequently, especially early on.