PDA

View Full Version : What makes me happy.

carriej22
04-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Just in case you guys didn't know...

You guys have a resident crazy cat lady!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1234725_10152257714325804_423173257_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/1514089_10152243771335804_684269184_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1922378_10152259384390804_282519176_n.jpg

Even if Pickle doesn't like selfies.. LOL

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/1476425_10152115397765804_2030346463_n.jpg

Michael Bell
04-13-2014, 09:11 AM
I've got two as well. Both happily mad.

MikeG-2012
04-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Oh no! Someone send animal control!!! LOL!

Wish I could have cats. Every time we try to have a stray adopt us, we have to find it a new home--I'm allergic.

We have a Golden Retriever instead!

WOOF!

carriej22
04-13-2014, 10:35 AM
I have a greyhound too... Not just cat crazy :)

me2
04-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Everyone has to find pets that suit their personality. I raise worms
-they don't shed
-they don't bark
-they are always glad to see me
-they eat what I eat- no special food from a bag with a picture of a worm on leash called "Squirm-pro"
-I don't feel sad when one of them passes away--- I can't tell
-they don't need names
-they don't need a license
-they like to go fishing with me
-people don't steal them if I let them out for a while
-I've never had one get hit by a car (I train them to look both ways)
-I don't have to spend time taking their photo- nobody likes to look at them except me. In fact the only comments I have had is that people would prefer NOT to look at them

-Your kitties are adorable. I would adopt a stray if it adopts me but that has not happened for a long time. (No Anne, this is not a silent plea to dump off a cat in case you come across one)

annekat
04-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Carrie, I knew you were a dog nut who had cats but didn't know you were a crazy cat lady, too! I've three at home and three ferals I help to feed at the farmers market. Mine were rescued as feral kittens from the market. Now their mom and the others have all been TNR'd, which means trap, neuter and return, for those who don't know. Best solution for ferals who are too wild to be adopted, and best of all is if people are willing to check up on them and feed them regularly.

Don't worry, Kirk, I'm not a cat dumper. Cats are wonderful companions but another responsibility. Not quite as high-maintenance as dogs in terms of attention demanded, which is why I don't have a dog, although I like other people's dogs just fine.

Alysia
04-13-2014, 04:08 PM
awsome pics Carrie :thumbup: you looks wonderful and the cats too.
my cats also makes me happy, so I totally understand what you are talking about.

mishb
04-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Everyone has to find pets that suit their personality. I raise worms
-they don't shed
-they don't bark
-they are always glad to see me
-they eat what I eat- no special food from a bag with a picture of a worm on leash called "Squirm-pro"
-I don't feel sad when one of them passes away--- I can't tell
-they don't need names
-they don't need a license
-they like to go fishing with me
-people don't steal them if I let them out for a while
-I've never had one get hit by a car (I train them to look both ways)
-I don't have to spend time taking their photo- nobody likes to look at them except me. In fact the only comments I have had is that people would prefer NOT to look at them

-Your kitties are adorable. I would adopt a stray if it adopts me but that has not happened for a long time. (No Anne, this is not a silent plea to dump off a cat in case you come across one)

You know Kirk - there is medication for your worm infestation problem :flapper::lol:

mishb
04-13-2014, 04:19 PM
We have had all types of animals here -

cats, dogs, guinea pigs, rabbits, fish, hermit crabs, budgies, canaries - but at the moment we just have a cat and a dog (Chihuahua)

Animals/pets, are a must :thumbsup:

NikkiNicole
04-14-2014, 02:59 PM
I have two cats and 1 dog. Right now that's all we have because our 1/2 acre isn't fenced. I want a chinchilla but hubby's not on board with that right now. I understand, there's construction in our house that is making things feel cramped as it is.
Can't have the kiddos yet ... so furbabies it is!!!

LisaT
06-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Our little dog Lexy makes me laugh every day. She has such a cute personality... She acts in many ways like a cat, so we've starting calling her a 'kitty-dog', or 'puppy-cat'. She is such a comfort and constant companion when I don't feel well. I'm grateful for her every day. She's a rescue so we don't know exact breed but believe she's Pomeranian and chihuahua (we've dubbed her a "pome-wawa". ��

Carrie, you and your cats are all beautiful. Great pics.

whatthewhat
06-29-2014, 01:16 PM
We have a couple dogs, but a Chihuahua (which I would have refused to catorgorized as a dog) came into our lives several months ago, and she has brought so much joy. She is a puppy still, and can be playful, but overall is so cuddly - her nickname is Snuggle Muppet. I credit the Chihuahua with a boost in our daughter's outlook. :-) The Chihuahua can sit on a lap for as long as achy joints want to be still.

mishb
06-29-2014, 11:15 PM
We never wanted a little dog, let alone a Chihuahua :unsure: we like real dogs, but this little fella came into our lives after our daughters rental place wouldn't allow pets, so he had to come and live with us.
He could sit on your lap all day if you let him - he is a little pudding though so he does get heavy.

What a difference our beloved pets bring to our lives :thumbsup:

chris.wg
06-30-2014, 07:39 AM
Currently I have no pets which kind of makes me sad I am very much a pet person. Countless cats and several dogs growing up. I have had several gecko's and my most recent pet Bandit was a ferret who passed right around the time I was diagnosed. When I visit my dad and his wife though they keep threatening to give me one of the 2 cats since that animal has pretty much adopted me anyways. When I walk in the house it watches me and waits for me to ask it what do you want. If I do it sits on my lap if I don't it feigns indifference but some how ends up next to me resting its paw on my hand.

Miranda
06-30-2014, 09:59 AM
I am a crazy cat lady too ;) My friends call me it all the time. Pets are wonderful for the soul!

Alysia
07-01-2014, 12:54 AM
I am a crazy cat lady too ;) My friends call me it all the time. Pets are wonderful for the soul!

welcome to the club :hug1:

I have 3 cats at home, 1 in my office garden and 2 in the street.
here is Symba

https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/1524721_1497756090436536_6322549845119395138_n.jpg

annekat
07-01-2014, 04:31 AM
Me, too, on being a crazy cat lady! I have two who look exactly like Alysia's inside cats. A tabby and a black. Then there's a "classic" tabby, a fancier version of a tabby, living outside, who decided he doesn't want to live with the other cats in the house. Then there are three feral cats I help feed at the Olympia Farmers Market, who are also tabby and black and are where my kitties came from. All have been neutered and spayed.... in the case of the Market cats, they had to be trapped and returned after neutering because they are too wild to adopt. My cats were all taken to my home when they were still young enough to be socialized, and are stuck to me like glue.. Chester is on my lap and staring at me with one paw on my shoulder as I write this.

windchime
07-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Crazy cat lady. Here is Mo. He was very sick and is still recovering, but the vet said he was doing great today. So here is a pic of him.

Camera+ photo (http://campl.us/j9PBQTdmUGK)