PDA

View Full Version : Relocating to North Carolina from Seattle

geoguth
04-09-2014, 02:41 AM
Hello! I'm new to this post but have had GPA (WG) for 24+ years. I've also been living in the Northwest U.S. for exactly that long but headed back to the East Coast to be closer to my huge extended family. My target relocation state is NC and with a Daughter in Asheville, that's the city I'm searching first. Problem, I'm not in complete remission and possibly won't be for the rest of my life. My Docs at UWMC in Seattle are fantastic and close by. I hear that UNC and Duke have great treatment centers however not really close to Asheville (3.5 hours). Are there any good Rhumy's and ENT docs in Asheville that treat WG??

:confused1:

renidrag
04-09-2014, 07:35 AM
I don't know any. Check with vasculitis.org, I'm sure someone will know. Wow twenty four years of WG, that's incredible.
Dale

geoguth
04-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks Dale! Yup, not an easy 24 years but I'm active, happy and working. Vasculitis org uses Facebook so I'll see what I can dig up.

Cheers
George

renidrag
04-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Good for you!
Dale

annekat
04-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Welcome to the forum, George. I'm in Olympia, WA. I'm glad to hear you feel the docs at UWMC are fantastic. I'm being treated in Olympia but probably need to venture out further to find someone with more experience. I do have a name in Seattle from someone who goes to UWMC. I'm doing OK but might need more expertise in the future. Good luck finding someone in your new locale, and I'm sorry to see you leave the state! But I know your move is for all the right reasons and I congratulate you on it. Keep us posted and tell us more of your story when you get a chance.

lag713
04-10-2014, 06:14 AM
I can't speak to NC but there are good docs at Johns Hopkins Vasculitis Center in Baltimore for infrequent specialty visits. Good luck with your big move!

keegan55
04-14-2014, 12:43 AM
DUKE IS WONDERFUL HAD WEDGE BIOPSIES THERE TO DIAGNOSE GPA they will help you find a dr in Ashville

Alysia
04-16-2014, 12:06 AM
welcome to the forum George :smile1:
I can't tell you anything about docs over there, because I live a bit far away :wink1:
but I am impressed from your 24 years of wg. wow !
there is the book "One hundred years of solitude", and we can write our books, mine is only about "5.5 years of wg" but 4.5 of them were in solitude, untill I found this amazing forum and awesome friends :love:
can you please tell us more about you, how did you survive all this years (and without being in that forum.... untill now :wink1: )

mishb
04-16-2014, 12:36 AM
Hey George, welcome.

24 years of living with our friend WG. Excellent job.

I'm glad you have found us - I'm sure you can teach us a thing or two about this condition.