PDA

View Full Version : question about ANCA test

stephwest
04-04-2014, 09:48 PM
I was diag in July 2013 and have just come across ANCA antibody test for that time, with a titre of 320 and anti-PR3 ELISA of 356, said to represent a 90% of people with GPA/WG, how do these numbers compare with everybody else, considering the difference between countries.
Please come back ASAP as I have a consultation soon and need to understand the numbers from real sufferers on this forum.
Many thanks
Stephwest

drz
04-05-2014, 03:20 AM
ANCA scores are generally considered not to be a real valid indicator of Weg activity. Generally, if the scores are negative for whatever standard the lab uses, it is a good thing and could indicate a state of remission. If the readings are "off the charts" it probably means severe Weg activity. But in between readings may or may not correlate well with severity of symptoms or activity of Wegs.

How you feel and the clinical picture is most important. The inflammation markers like CRP and ESR (sed rate) are probably more important and correlate much closer with your clinical picture and how you generally feel overall. The other labs to check kidney and liver function and routine blood work also help monitor things like anemia, infection, or other imbalances that might affect one's health and how well you feel.

renidrag
04-05-2014, 10:30 AM
I had one Anca test taken after treatment, Pulmonologist never really mentioned it.
Dale

SpaceflightAddict
04-06-2014, 06:23 AM
I have never tested positive for ANCA. Even when I was first diagnosed, with heavy Wegener's activity, all ANCA tests were negative for me. My doctor always goes off of how I feel, white blood cell count, C-reactive protein, and sedimentation rate.

ingemlb
04-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Interesting re the Anca. I was told I had very high positive CAnca but so far no granulomas showing severe Wegener's damage or activity. However enough symptoms to fill a book so it really is a weird disease to diagnose. :(

MaxD
04-09-2014, 06:06 AM
StephWest, The numbers depend on the scale being used - different labs use different scales, so there is much room for confusion. I was recently diagnosed, my PR3 was 149 with normal range being 0-20.

I was diag in July 2013 and have just come across ANCA antibody test for that time, with a titre of 320 and anti-PR3 ELISA of 356, said to represent a 90% of people with GPA/WG, how do these numbers compare with everybody else, considering the difference between countries.
Please come back ASAP as I have a consultation soon and need to understand the numbers from real sufferers on this forum.
Many thanks
Stephwest

Airini
09-07-2014, 10:07 PM
In New Zealand 20 is considered normal. When I was at my worst it was so high it was only written as greater then 200. I have been consistently between 130 - 200+ no lower. At the mo. After 4 years my Wegeners is under control but I will be on azathiprine and pred. for the rest of my life. Hope this helps.