PDA

View Full Version : What is ANCA procedure???

stephwest
03-19-2014, 01:22 AM
Can anybody that has had and ANCA test describe in detail what is done to you e.g. is it a simple taking of blood / how long is test / how long for results / what numbers confirm GPA /
Many thanks
Stephen

renidrag
03-19-2014, 01:43 AM
It is a simple blood test, result times will vary, I think mine was week. I had only one and it was after treatment and Doc was looking at the possibility of remission, which was attained. From what I have learned on this forum, the ANCA numbers are interesting however not enough for a diagnosis, a biopsy is the best bet. Mine was done to my lungs. What is going on with treatment and are you seeing a Rheumatologist who is familiar with WG/ GPA?
Dale

Alysia
03-19-2014, 06:22 AM
I think that in each country the numbers are different and are on another scale.
generally, if it is positive, it is indication for wg-activity. the more high - the more wg-activity.

drz
03-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Very high positive scores are suggestive of GPA but not definitive. Some people are diagnosed without having high ANCA scores.

Mine are routinely done at Mayo clinic as part of their longitudinal follow up research project along with several other lab tests done regular blood draws and urine samples. Because everything is done twice they do take extra blood and send half to other clinic that is center for all the clinics involved in the study. I think there are six clinics involved in this GPA study. If I need one at another clinic other than the U of MN they have to send the blood sample away to get ANCA results since not all clinics are set up to do it.

Alysia
03-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Maui Derm | Top 10 Topics in Vasculitis from a Rheumatologist?s Perspective (http://mauiderm.com/top-10-topics-in-vasculitis-from-a-rheumatologists-perspective/)

no. 6 & 7 are talking about anca.

woz
03-20-2014, 10:22 PM
My ANCA first test read 160, it took 4 weeks to get down to 40, and another 3 months to get down to 0-4. Your CRP is more important as this tells you disease activity, lower numbers are good, I think I was about 60 when really ill, now it is usually 0.

Regards .......Woz