PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thanks to my WG Forever Family

debhaz22
03-16-2014, 11:15 AM
Hi all,
First, Lindsey how is your Dad? I've been thinking about him and hoping for good news. I haven't been on the boards this past week until now.

Just wanted to let you all know I went to JH last week, met with Dr. Seo for quite a long time (thinks he is wonderful by the way, GREAT bedside manner...). He confirmed that it is WG. I've been trying to come to terms with what this all means for me now, and today I realized that it just means that my life will now be a little different. I was VERY scared, disappointed, upset...but it was so nice to have my Mom, my Big Sister, and you all on my side. Deb C. (even though she is as we speak totally sunburned from laying on a nice Florida beach) has been my ROCK this past week. The Dr. started me on steroids (which are causing some nasty side effects) and Bactrim for now. I go back in 2 months to see Dr. Seo again and talk about adding Methotrexate. Just received my urine test results though and there is blood in there so that plan may now change. Anyway, I am trying to be optimistic that at least we finally (after 23 months) have a diagnosis and can begin treatment to let me live a better life.

I just wanted to thank you (my extended family) for all of the prayers, encouragement and support. You are all amazing and I am SO lucky to have you!! :hug1:

annekat
03-16-2014, 01:41 PM
I'm kind of surprised that he is not starting you on an immunosuppressant, such as the MTX, right away, along with the steroids and Bactrim. But I'm sure Dr. Seo knows what he is doing; maybe it has to do with the degree of severity of your case, and there must be a variety of approaches to this.

In any case, I'm glad you now know what the deal is and can come to terms with it. It is better than not knowing, and there is every chance that you will be able to stop WG in its tracks and feel a lot better, and I hope you will be heading for remission before too long.

Let us know how things go! We are indeed your WG Forever Family!

mishb
03-16-2014, 03:57 PM
We would have been your adopted WG family even if you didn't have it Deb.:biggrin1:
I am sorry that the results turned out the way it did, because I wouldn't wish WG on anyone, but glad you have a diagnosis ........and that it is the one we all thought - now we can all keep our medical degrees LOL :lol:

I guess Dr Seo knows what he is doing (meds wise) and hopefully things start to come good for you, very quickly.

Debra C, you know better than to lie out in the sun for so long :wink1: .......... but I hope you are having a wonderful, relaxing holiday

Alysia
03-16-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi Deb.
we are blessed to have you here, although you could have stay here without having WG, like booknut....
but it is much better to get dx and start treatment. I am glad you finally found a decent expert.
take care and continue to update. love you :love:

windchime
03-16-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm soooo glad you finally got a diagnosis even if it is wegs. Hopefully with treatment you will get into remission and you'll be able to live a mostly normal life. In perspective there are probably worse things it could have been. At least with wegs you have an awesome support group and by this time know what to expect. I'm glad you're part of the group and now you can move forward and get on with your life. Hugs to you :hug2:

Woodsyartist
03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Deb.....
I was wondering how they finally got down to the determination. I am now a year into feeling sick with no diagnosis. I have picked up bits a pieces of info about your symptoms etc, but was wondering what finally determined your diagnosis.

Sometimes I feel like extensive nagging to be diagnosed might get me diagnosed.......but that might be a different kind of psych diagnosis......:P

I am sorry to hear the WG was confirmed but you are lucky to know.