PDA

View Full Version : Thank you...

debhaz22
03-11-2014, 02:22 PM
I just wanted to thank you all for your support and push to get me to go to Johns Hopkins. I leave tomorrow and will see the Dr.'s there on Wednesday. I am SO scared about what I will find out, but at the same time I know I need to get answers.
If you pray I would very much appreciate a prayer that I receive good care from great Doctors. I do strongly believe in the power of prayer.
Not to drag this on, just wanted to tell you all how much I truly appreciate each and every one of you.
THANK YOU,
Deb H. :smile1:

BookNut
03-11-2014, 02:35 PM
I will be praying that you get the best of care and treatments that will make you feel much better!!

LindseyRN
03-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Deb, I will be praying so hard for you tonight and throughout the rest of the week! ((( BIG HUGS ))) to my South Carolina friend! Please keep us updated.

If you would, please include my Dad in your prayers too. Although he is better, he is still struggling with his sinuses and a a nosebleed here and there. I am going with him to his pulmonologist appointment on Wednesday and we are hoping and praying since his nodule has shrunk by half, the pulmonologist will say it will be safe to hold off on a lobectomy.

I'll be praying for your healing and for your doctors at JH to help you get well. I can't wait to read how much better you will be feeling!!!

Lindsey

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. (Psalm 55:22)

debhaz22
03-11-2014, 03:14 PM
Thank you Lindsey! I appreciate it, and your Dad has been, and will continue to be in my prayers :)
Please let me know how Wed. goes for him.

debhaz22
03-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Thank you Jacquie! I appreciate your prayers! :biggrin1:

pberggren1
03-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Of course we will pray for you Deb. What doctors do you have appointments with?

vdub
03-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Best of luck to you! I'm sure they will run many, many tests, you will see several docs, and I'll bet you come home with a few answers. Let's hope so.

annekat
03-11-2014, 06:02 PM
My prayers are with you, Deb. I think you will be in good hands with the doctors at Johns Hopkins. And Lindsey, I'm also thinking of your dad in my prayers. It is so hard waiting for appointments and assessments of results, and I wish him the very best outcome.

mishb
03-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Always praying for my friends on here and also for a family member that is in need of many prayers at the moment.

Deb, my prayer for you is that you do not have Wegeners, because I wouldn't pray for that on anyone :sad:
I pray that it will be something easily resolved with the correct treatment and I also pray that you don't quit being a member on here when you find out you don't have WG. You can be an honorary member with Jacquie :thumbsup:

Good luck in your travels to the hospital, and sorry one more prayer, I pray that the doctors are thorough and kind ......and maybe a little good looking too can't hurt :wink1:

debhaz22
03-12-2014, 01:03 AM
Ha ha! Thank you Michelle, the whistle I can now make thru the hole in my nose is very attractive, I'm sure it will in some way attract a few good looking Dr';s!!
:wink1:

debhaz22
03-12-2014, 01:04 AM
Thank you Phil. I'm set to see Dr. Seo first and then an ENT but I don't remember the name.

Lilly
03-12-2014, 01:46 AM
Hi Deb, its funny, because as many doctors as we see, so far, I can never find a nice, unmarried, my age doctor. I think they are all snatched up in college! LOL :-)

Lilly
03-12-2014, 01:50 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention, since I have glass tubes in corners of my eyes, I can also spray people with them, if I kindof close my mouth but giggle, sometimes tears shoot out of my eyes! Im sure that's really attractive too! We can have a 2 girl comedy show! You whistle with your nose, and Ill spray with my eyes! We will be having to push the guys away!!!!

debhaz22
03-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Oh Lilly, I am SO jealous!! How do I get me some of those eye things? :wink1:

Lilly
03-12-2014, 02:01 AM
Ill be thinking and praying for you today.....I am totally excited that you are going to JH, and I pray that you get doctors that you connect with. I know you are scared, Ill pray for you to have peace. Im sure you have a list, and that's good, especially when you are nervous. I feel like things are going to go great, and you will learn a lot, and with all of us here praying, I cannot wait to hear all about it! Have a safe trip, and relax, take notes that the drs say, and I support you 100%!! <3

renidrag
03-12-2014, 02:03 AM
Good luck tomorrow Deb. There are a few people here I think that see Dr. Seo. He is supposed to be the best.
Dale

debhaz22
03-12-2014, 02:05 AM
Thank you Dale!

Lilly
03-12-2014, 02:13 AM
HaHaHaHa.......Deb, ur so crazy!!!! You teach me the nose whistling, and Ill tell you how to get spitting Eyes! LOL.

debhaz22
03-12-2014, 02:19 AM
Deal!! We'll plan it out!:thumbup:

blu4runner
03-12-2014, 05:11 AM
Dr Seo is a great Dr with quite a sense of humor. I saw him a year ago for a second opinion while being treated at UVA in VA. Once I needed a new Dr the wait was rather long to see Dr Seo but now I see Dr Peter Merkel in Philadelphia and he too is a great GPA Dr. Keeping you in my prayers today and best of luck.

Alysia
03-12-2014, 06:11 AM
I missed the time for good luck blessings... you are prob over there by now, so my prayers are with you... waiting to find out : how was it ?

Debbie C
03-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Good luck tomorrow Deb,you know I'll be praying you finally get the answers and help you need. Let us know when you can,
And Lindsey, will also keep your father in my prayers that he won't need the lobectomy and everything is getting better. Keep us posted too

vdub
03-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Good luck in your travels to the hospital,
THE hospital, Mitchelle? Isn't that very unaussie-like? Are you practicing to be a yank? :-)

mishb
03-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Good luck in your travels to the hospital,
THE hospital, Mitchelle? Isn't that very unaussie-like? Are you practicing to be a yank? :-)

Haha :flapper:

I wasn't really sure what to call it - I could have said "Good Luck at the Johnny" or "Have fun with John"
Is it a hospital, a clinic or a what???
These centres that you lucky people get to go to, sound massive.

I have it ................GOOD LUCK DEB :thumbsup:

vdub
03-13-2014, 04:00 AM
I wasn't really sure what to call it - I could have said "Good Luck at the Johnny" or "Have fun with John"
Is it a hospital, a clinic or a what???
You're right! Or, at least from a yank perspective, you are right. Normally, when we refer to hospital, we will put a "the" in front, but I have noticed that people from the common wealth will usually drop the "the". So if you see a reference to the hospital from, say the UK, it would be like "I am going to hospital." That seems to be true with Canada, aussies, kiwi's.... Just something I have noticed.

I'm not quite sure what the difference. If we put "the" in front, then "hospital" becomes a noun. But without the "the", what is it? A verb? I don't know. Oh well, sorry, I hijacked the thread, Deb.... :-)

annekat
03-13-2014, 04:28 AM
I have noticed that, too, vdub, and figured Michelle was being polite by saying it the way that Deb would say it.

I share everyone's excitement to find out the results of Deb's visit at JH and how it went overall!

renidrag
03-13-2014, 05:12 AM
Thinking of Deb at hospital whilst going over previous replies. I think we are going to see Putin soon.
Dale

Debbie C
03-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Michelle,is a Johnny a hospital....I thought it was the bathroom. Like "Going to the john "

renidrag
03-13-2014, 10:15 AM
I am ready for a report from Deb.
Moi

mishb
03-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Michelle,is a Johnny a hospital....I thought it was the bathroom. Like "Going to the john "

It could also be a drink Deb.
I have a friend that says she has 3 boyfriends - Johnny, Jack & Jimmy (Johnny Walker, Jack Daniels and Jim Beam) :flapper:

mishb
03-13-2014, 09:19 PM
I am ready for a report from Deb.
Moi

Yeah Deb, come on - we are hoping for good news, not any inconclusive rubbish. :wink1:

I hope it went well.

Alysia
03-14-2014, 04:51 AM
You're right! Or, at least from a yank perspective, you are right. Normally, when we refer to hospital, we will put a "the" in front, but I have noticed that people from the common wealth will usually drop the "the". So if you see a reference to the hospital from, say the UK, it would be like "I am going to hospital." That seems to be true with Canada, aussies, kiwi's.... Just something I have noticed.

I'm not quite sure what the difference. If we put "the" in front, then "hospital" becomes a noun. But without the "the", what is it? A verb? I don't know. Oh well, sorry, I hijacked the thread, Deb.... :-)

oh :sad: make me shrink and blush :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: with my poor english-grammer... I do need some refreshment...
nice new pic Dale :thumbup: what is it about ?
no need to Putin us (I think he is too busy now :rolleyes1:)...
we are just passing the time untill Deb will be back with the news... :wink1:

annekat
03-14-2014, 05:06 AM
Alysia, don't worry about your English grammar. It is just fine. We always understand what you are saying. As you can see, there are some significant differences in native English speech and usage of words throughout the world.

Now, lets cross our fingers and keep waiting for a good report from Deb from Johns Hopkins! (You are right, Putin is too busy right now...)

Debbie C
03-14-2014, 06:20 AM
I've been talking to Deb and I'm sure see will report when she is ready to talk. She is still in MD. sightseeing with her mom and sis.She's coming back home on Fri. but I will say she does have wg:sad:

annekat
03-14-2014, 06:38 AM
I've been talking to Deb and I'm sure see will report when she is ready to talk. She is still in MD. sightseeing with her mom and sis.She's coming back home on Fri. but I will say she does have wg:sad: Thanks, Deb... sorry to hear it's been confirmed that Deb H. has WG, but at least now she knows what she is dealing with, which must be a relief in some ways. And it proves that other dingbat rheumatologist wrong!

renidrag
03-14-2014, 07:16 AM
Not what anyone wanted to hear however she is seeing the right doctor and hopefully will make great strides.
Dale

mishb
03-14-2014, 08:46 AM
I personally think that having WG is a good thing - as Anne said, at least now she knows - and hey, she loves us :unsure: so hanging around here can't be all that bad ....... right :tongue1:

At least she didn't get given that horrible "inconclusive" rubbish

We look forward to hearing how it all went, when you are ready Deb.:hug1:
Enjoy your little holiday

vdub
03-14-2014, 09:18 AM
but I will say she does have wg
Sorry, Deb... this is something you don't wish on anyone, but, like Mish said, its way better than not knowing. Besides, we like having you hang around here.... :-)

Woodsyartist
03-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Sorry to hear about the results for you, Deb, but there is some relief in having a diagnosis. Too many of us have been strung along in a state of "not sick enough".

I am still undiagnosed, but hope for some continued good information to help move my case along.

Lilly
03-15-2014, 03:55 AM
HaHaHaHa, Me Too Debra! HaHaHaHa!!!!