PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Rhode Island

Sandy
03-06-2014, 06:29 AM
I am a new member. Diagnosed in June 2013. Finally off cytoxan and finished prednisone a week ago. Now on MTX. Lung and ear involvement. I just found this forum and I am so happy to know I'm not alone and my weird symptoms are not a figment of my imagination. Thanks

KimH
03-06-2014, 06:57 AM
Hi to a fellow New Englander! This is a great place to be. Everyone is so kind and helpful. I hope you are on the road to remission!

renidrag
03-06-2014, 07:42 AM
Just south of Boston here. Sounds like you are doing well. Where did you go for diagnosis and how/who are your Doctors. As you can see from my signature I am in remission. Best of luck and hope to hear from you again soon. Lots of wonderful people here.
Dale

JeanMarie
03-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Welcome Sandy, hope you continue to do well!

ingemlb
03-06-2014, 01:17 PM
welcome to this forum. I am very new here too and it sure has made a huge difference to me and been a great help :)

mishb
03-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Hi Sandy and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are going great guns, being off pred already and I guess just on maintenance MTX........good for you :thumbsup:

You are definitely not alone in all of this and we can all certainly relate to it possibly being your imagination - even some doctors are convinced that it is all in your head.
You will find someone on here 24/7 - Inge and myself are both from Australia and you will find others from the UK and Israel, Norway, The Netherlands - even New Zealand. Check out the Weggie Map at the top of your screen............you are definitely not alone. :hug1:

annekat
03-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Welcome, Sandy! You did very well to get off prednisone so soon, and good that you are finally off CTX. I have similar involvement and was put on the same meds, but it took me a little longer, and I'm still on pred and also on MTX. This forum is the best place you could possibly be, and I'm sorry that you didn't find it sooner. But now that you are here, I hope you'll join in the discussions, ask questions, and share experiences. There is also lots of info to be found by searching the archives.

Sandy
03-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Hi Dale.
i was diagnosed at Newport Hospital and have branched out from there. Doctors in Boston and Providence and Newport. It seems there's a doctor for every twinge. I am fortunate to have a rheumatologist in Pawtucket who is marvelous! Next appointment with her on Wednesday and hoping to hear that word remission.

Sandy

Sandy
03-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Thanks annekat.

renidrag
03-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Who do you see in Boston?

Alysia
03-08-2014, 05:56 AM
Hi Sandy,
welcome to our weggie family :smile: it seems that you are doing very well. I hope things will get even better.
take care and continue to write.