PDA

View Full Version : Rituxin Queestion

marylz
03-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Does anyone know if it matters if you are scheduled for 4 weekly infusions if you have to miss a week? I just found out, after having my 1st infusion last week, that my insurance company will cover my infusions only if I go through their specialty pharmacy. Unfortunately, the infusion clinic I went to and am scheduled for (tomorrow am) is not a part of their plan. I found this out thru a letter received on Saturday. As I live in northern Virginia, this state is basically shut down because we received about 5 inches of snow, so my doctor is not available, nor is anyone I can reach authorized to tell me that info. Sorry about going on and on...

brettgrant99
03-04-2014, 03:22 PM
I caught pneumonia one week after my first Rituxan infusion. I didn't get my second infusion for nearly a month (It was 28 days later), but the doctor said that it was no problem and that I didn't need to start over. I think that it should be basically fine, but go with whatever your doctor says.

Good Luck,
Brett

marylz
03-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the reply Brett. I will try to get in touch with my doc in the morning but probably wil cancel the current appt.

pberggren1
03-04-2014, 06:37 PM
I am sorry you have to suffer like this Mary, but I don't think a few days disruption in your 4 dose regimen will be an issue. It makes me sick how the insurance companies can play with the lives of the patients like this though.

marylz
03-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks Phil. It really threw me for a loop today. I had to make many calls and got all stressed out and was crying and yelling and then I figured out there was nothing I could do and calmed myself and told myself to deal with it tomorrow. MY mantra was "Stress is no good!"

Alysia
03-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi Marry,
I am sorry for all that. it is unfair.
I was getting my rtx in 2 IV, 2 weeks between them, each IV of 1000mg.
I think that a week is a minimum interval and not a maximum one.
anyway, these are good news, that you are now on rtx ! no more problems with your hair :thumbup:
you can calm down and have a peacful night. it will be ok. hugs heading your way ...:hug2:

brettgrant99
03-05-2014, 01:48 AM
Thanks Phil. It really threw me for a loop today. I had to make many calls and got all stressed out and was crying and yelling and then I figured out there was nothing I could do and calmed myself and told myself to deal with it tomorrow. MY mantra was "Stress is no good!"

Oh, that is so familiar. I've spent many days like that, thankfully not too many of them have been concurrent.

Deborah T
03-16-2014, 04:14 AM
Hi Mary-

It took me 7 weeks to complete my 4 weekly doses due to fevers and lung congestion. Rheum won't give the RTX if any indication of infection. It did not make a difference, per my doctor, to wait the extra weeks...better than going forward
with infection brewing.

Best of luck completing the RTX therapy. Our miracle drug. :thumbsup:

Deborah T.