PDA

View Full Version : Barbara N

Barbara N
03-04-2014, 01:49 AM
Hi All,
Thank you for your support and friendship here on the Forum, which means a whole lot to Barbara. She has been in hospital now for a week (here in Spain) with kidney failure and the doctor is going to put in a shunt into her chest on Wednesday, then let her go to 3-a-week dialysis... and home. She will apparently have the shunt changed for a wrist-connection in a month. Perhaps that all sounds 'normal' to some of you!
Anyhow, I'm her husband and I love her.
A Group Hug - thanks everyone!!"
Lenox
(lenoxnapier at gmail.com)

(I edited the e-m address so it can't be recognized by automatic phishing -- vdub)

Alysia
03-04-2014, 04:52 AM
I'm her husband and I love her.
A Group Hug - thanks everyone!!"
Lenox
(lenoxnapier at gmail.com)

Hi Lenox,
Thank you so much for the update.
we are all very worried about Barbara and love her as well :wub:
please tell her that we send her our love and prayers and lots of gentle hugs, and that she is a strong and amazing woman so she can make it !
lots of hugs to you too :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2:
please continue to update us. we are holding your hand all the way.

JeanMarie
03-04-2014, 05:05 AM
Lenox,
Please tell Barbara we are thinking of her, we miss her & hope & pray she is well soon.

mishb
03-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Thankyou for the update Lenox.

We send our love and prayers to Barbara and hope that the dialysis gets things back under control.

Take care

BookNut
03-04-2014, 10:40 AM
I will pray that Barbara will feel better and be home with you very soon. Tell her that we love her and are thinking of her.

annekat
03-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Dear Lenox,

It is so good of you to share this. It is upsetting, but I'm glad to hear she will be going home and that she has such a loving husband to care for her. Bless you.

Kidney failure has happened to some of us on the forum, but not most, I think. Some of us have had an easier time with this disease than others, though we never know when things may turn for the worse. Barbara has been through much more than I and many others on here have been through so far. Yet, ultimately, she will get back up on her horse and ride. It is bringing tears to my eyes to think of her bravery and persistence at making the best of each day. Please share with her my love, prayers, and best wishes.

windchime
03-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Lenox/Barbara

I'm praying for your speedy recovery. As others have said you have a horse waiting patiently for you to get back in the saddle again. It's good you are getting the help you need even if it does mean you have to be in the hospital. Hugs to you both. :hug1::hug1:

KimH
03-04-2014, 12:31 PM
Lenox, please pass on my love, prayers and well wishes to Barbara. I have read many of her posts of support and kindness to all of us on this forum. Thinking of her and you, Kim

Debbie C
03-04-2014, 02:08 PM
Lenox, I just what to say what everyone else has already said. Barbara is such a strong willed woman and she will get though this. I feel soooo bad of all that she has been though already and I pray she will be back home to you and her horse soon, And that the dialysis isn't too rough for her. Please keep us updated and tell her we love and miss her here.:hug2:

HopeinTN
03-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Give her a big hug from Nashville, Tennessee!

Allisonquast
03-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Lenox. I know nothing of dialysis but I hope it makes Barbara feel better. Like everyone else tell her we are all thinking of her and wish her good health and energy to ride soon.

pberggren1
03-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks so much for the update Lenox. We all love Barbara so much as well.

Alysia
03-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Lenox, please notice that there is also another thread here, written by Don, in which we also write to Barbara.

gilders
03-05-2014, 01:59 AM
Thanks for the update Lenox.
I don't want to give false hope, but after I had a few weeks of dialysis my kidneys recovered enough to not have it permanently. Admittedly my situation was kidney failure from fully functioning kidneys to total failure within a short period and during the initial onset of WG. If Barbara's kidneys have deteriorated over many years then I guess there is no possibility of a return to a state where she won't need dialysis/transplant?
Either way there will be a time when both myself and Barbara will need permanent dialysis/transplant, I just hope we can get a few more years before her kidneys reach that stage.

As others have said, keep us all informed and send our love.

Geoff
03-05-2014, 02:40 AM
Hi Lenox, Please pass on my best wishes to Barbara as well. Sending you both all the positive energy I can muster!

drz
03-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Best wishes for better health for "Barbara" I am sure her horses miss her as well. Kidney failure is serious stuff and something we all wish to avoid if possible. Sorry she has to deal with it. We miss you Barbara!:sad:

Barbara N
03-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the update Lenox.
I don't want to give false hope, but after I had a few weeks of dialysis my kidneys recovered enough to not have it permanently. Admittedly my situation was kidney failure from fully functioning kidneys to total failure within a short period and during the initial onset of WG. If Barbara's kidneys have deteriorated over many years then I guess there is no possibility of a return to a state where she won't need dialysis/transplant?
Either way there will be a time when both myself and Barbara will need permanent dialysis/transplant, I just hope we can get a few more years before her kidneys reach that stage.

As others have said, keep us all informed and send our love.

Thank you for your kind thoughts but my kidneys have already atrophy-d so there is no hope of any recovery so I will have to learn to live with going to dialysis every other day for the rest of my life. That means I will have to make even more of the time I have and it has allowed me to continue riding which is so important to my mental and physical well being. They say I will feel better and stronger just that I have to make a trip to the hospital every other day.

ingemlb
03-07-2014, 08:09 PM
It's so good to hear of others having a supportive partner. When I was in hospital I was more worried about my husband's worry and workload than myself. I don't know you and Barbara Lennox but I would love to send you both a hug anyway. Barbara to give her all the support she needs and you for being such a great and caring help for her and I know how hard it is on family members. You feel helpless yet want to help. It makes Barbara feel cared for and that's worth a great deal.
:hug3::hug3::hug3::hug3:

mishb
03-07-2014, 10:02 PM
Thank you for your kind thoughts but my kidneys have already atrophy-d so there is no hope of any recovery so I will have to learn to live with going to dialysis every other day for the rest of my life. That means I will have to make even more of the time I have and it has allowed me to continue riding which is so important to my mental and physical well being. They say I will feel better and stronger just that I have to make a trip to the hospital every other day.

Yay Barbara, you are writing :thumbsup:

Yes the dialysis will give you the time to share with your horse and your riding, so I guess that a trip to the hospital every other day is worth the effort.
I hope you don't have to travel too far each way. :crying:

Once things get more under control, maybe they could set up a machine for you at home

pberggren1
03-07-2014, 10:09 PM
Oh Barbara, I know many that need dialysis even every day. It is not easy, but you can do it. You will get used to the routine. I am so sorry that Wegs has advanced on you like this. But you are a fighter and will continue on for many years to come.

windchime
03-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Barbara it's good to hear from you. Continue the good fight so you can get back home soon. Wishing you the best. Hugs to you. :hug3:

Alysia
03-07-2014, 11:36 PM
Hi Barbara.
it is so good to see you around again. and I bet your horse is also delighted to have you back.
I heard of people doing dialsis every other day. I am sorry you have to but I am glad that this enable you to live and be back on the saddle, in all meannings. lots of prayers and hugs :hug1:

drz
03-08-2014, 03:20 AM
Hi Barbara.
it is so good to see you around again. and I bet your horse is also delighted to have you back.
I heard of people doing dialsis every other day. I am sorry you have to but I am glad that this enable you to live and be back on the saddle, in all meannings. lots of prayers and hugs :hug1:

I bet you and the horse will both feel better when you "are back in the saddle again."

annekat
03-08-2014, 04:12 AM
It's great to hear from you, Barbara. I'm sorry you'll have to deal with this every other day, but you will be back doing what is most meaningful to you for a long, long time. We all admire your spirit greatly. :hug3:

Michael Bell
03-08-2014, 04:32 AM
Hi Barbara, Sorry to hear that you are now on dialasis for life. I hope you and the horses enjoy you being back in the saddle. Is there any prospect of a transplant for you?
Mike

Debbie C
03-08-2014, 05:20 AM
Barbara,it is so good to hear from you and I am sorry to hear about having to do dialysis every other day. Is they any chance to be put on a transplant list? I bet Lenox and your horse are happy you are back.Stay strong and keep us posted when you can:hug3:

NikkiNicole
03-08-2014, 05:32 AM
Barbara,
There is not a stronger person on this planet! I know you can battle through this. I've been away from the forum at home so I am way behind and catching up now. I do hope that this post finds you in a better place than when it began!
Sending you my thoughts/prayers/and big hugs from California!!!!