PDA

View Full Version : We're moving.........eventually

andrew
09-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Hullo
If, in the next few weeks you try and log into the forums here and you don't find anything, don't fret, it's just me moving the site. I've leased a new server and will be moving this and all my free/cheap hosting customers onto it over the next couple of months.

Any downtime will be as short as possible I promise!

Sangye
09-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I would have totally panicked to find my odd little family gone! :D

Luce
09-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Don't leave us stranded Andrew!

andrew
09-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Nah :) With a bit of luck and good timing you won't even notice. Maybe ;)

Sangye
09-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, that's what he told the LAST group of Weggies. They're lost out in cyberspace somewhere, all alone and trying to remember how to deep fry Mars bars. :rolleyes:

andrew
09-06-2009, 10:48 AM
No one is supposed to know about them :)

Surely they've got a facebook page and we can put the recipe on their 'wall'? ;)

Dumpy
09-07-2009, 04:45 AM
Just when your getting bumed out about life you get on this site and find out that life can still be funny even with all of the issues that we all have to deal with.
PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US OUT HERE!!!!!:D

Doug
09-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Everything tastes better deep fried, except bunny rabbits and cats. I doubt it improves dog, either, so don't try it. :mad:

Sangye
09-07-2009, 07:38 AM
SOOOO glad you didn't post that idea in the "Healthy Recipes" thread! :rolleyes:

jola57
09-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Eeeek, couldn't cope withut my Family. OMG I sound like this stressed out mob cake.

Gary
09-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Was that with or without butter?

Gwenllian
09-10-2009, 11:42 PM
is there a way of donating money towards the maintenance of the site? i know it's not cheap, and i'd like to help if i can :)

coffeelover
09-14-2009, 03:13 AM
Is the move over yet Andrew? You can really start a panic you know by threatening a possible (even short) departure of our family time.
LIsa

jola57
09-14-2009, 04:13 PM
yeay Gwenliian, how joyful to have 3 beautiful girls.

andrew
11-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Is the move over yet Andrew? You can really start a panic you know by threatening a possible (even short) departure of our family time.
LIsa

Hi
Has been a while. There has been a slight change of plan. I understimated the time it would take for this move to happen. There are about a dozen other sites that needed to be moved as well. In the end I've decided to leave things as they are for now. It's better on everyone than forcing a move and better on my sleep patterns :)

One thing I should raise now though you're all emotionally prepared :D

Within the next few months there will be an upgrade to the forum software that will completely change the look of the site. Nothing I can do about it as the software is moving to a whole other level and forum designs of yesteryear will be cast aside. I will however try and ensure that the demon bunny keeps his place but everything else will change. For a preview of what the place will look like, take a look here: http://files.vbulletin.com/images/cart/screenshots/forum_main.png

This will happen whenever the software is release which is claimed to be some time between now and the end of the year.

Sangye
11-01-2009, 09:23 AM
*sigh* I always think I like change until it actually happens. Will we still be able to change the colors? I know, I know, I should just roll with it and ADAPT. If human evolution depended on me, we'd all still be hairy and dragging our knuckles on the ground. :rolleyes:

andrew
11-01-2009, 09:36 AM
If human evolution depended on me, we'd all still be hairy and dragging our knuckles on the ground. :rolleyes:

*cough* um...depends on where you live :eek:

As for colours, yes they can change. There's a new admin interface as well that I need to get the hang of before that happens though :)

For those that are interested, there are some more screenshots here:

Purchase vBulletin, the most powerful forum software available. (http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=screenshots)

At this stage, we'll only be using the forum unless someone can suggest a reason for upgrading to the full suite.

Features of both are here: vBulletin-The Most Powerful Forum Software Available (http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php?do=features)

Only read if you're interested.

Note: the forum functionality i.e. creating threads, reading posts, replying, private messaging etc will remain the same but will just look a bit different. If you can operate this forum , you'll be able to operate the new version.

Sangye
11-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Okay, I'm gonna live. I hope you don't have to fight hard for the Demon Bunny. They should take one look at that thing and just know to back off. :D

andrew
11-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Hahaha yeah I'll send him in first. He's on point duty anyway.

Sangye
11-01-2009, 09:47 AM
BTW-- love the new avatar, Andrew! That's some saddle nose you've got there. Holy smokes.

andrew
11-01-2009, 10:09 AM
BTW-- love the new avatar, Andrew! That's some saddle nose you've got there. Holy smokes.

Hahahaha....I......have no comeback to that....:D:D:eek:

jola57
11-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Andrew, beyond having a blog and CMS features, which realy do not do anything for us, i can't see a reason for the full meal deal. The site looks fine and is similar to this one.
Sangye I'm with you , I hate changes myself yet always think afterwards that it is better with the change.:confused:

andrew
11-02-2009, 05:43 AM
Andrew, beyond having a blog and CMS features, which realy do not do anything for us, i can't see a reason for the full meal deal.

Yes, agree with that. There's not a whole lot to be gained for us having the whole thing.

Change is always good! It keeps us on our toes :D

coffeelover
11-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Andrew if we can handle WEGS then we can certainly handle any new website issues you throw at us!
coffeelover

Sangye
11-02-2009, 10:53 AM
As long as it doesn't make us fat. :D

coffeelover
11-02-2009, 11:06 AM
What doesn't make us fat?

andrew
11-03-2009, 08:46 AM
As long as it doesn't make us fat. :D

Hahahahaha!!! I may have neglected to mention the nutrient breakdown of the new site.

Doug
11-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Hahahahaha!!! I may have neglected to mention the nutrient breakdown of the new site.

Can you do that if you do business in the USA? Never mind! Just an odd rant from someone who thought his neutered male cat Lucy was female.

Sangye
11-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Hey Doug, move the litterbox away from your desk. You're getting too many fumes. :D

Doug
11-03-2009, 02:30 PM
And I thought it was the fresh breath of spring!:o